Results 1 to 19 of 19

B G Ram Air Induction

This is a discussion on B G Ram Air Induction within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey everyone. I've been interested in the B G Ram Air kit for some time as well as some others ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    262

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    B G Ram Air Induction

    Hey everyone. I've been interested in the B G Ram Air kit for some time as well as some others here. We have all been under the impression that they aren't being made anymore, but I found a website that says we can order it still. Not sure if they are still making it or if it's just an old website, but I emailed them and asked. As soon as I find out anything, I'll let everyone know. I certainly hope they are still available.

  2. #2
    Member sharptransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    720

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

    let me know. I emailed Brian Green a while back. he said he was having to fab them each time and it was costing about 500 bucks each. don't know if it's worth it or not. nobody has any real data on it that I have seen.

  3. #3
    Junior Member motrhd1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Age
    55
    Posts
    36

    Black
    2001 Ram Air

    Bgra

    To the best of my knowledge Brian has stopped making them as it was just a side job for him which became too consuming. Afterthoughts auto carries replacment parts but not the whole kit as far as I know. I luckily got one of his last runs.

  4. #4
    Member jag42420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    43
    Posts
    525

    Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

    $500?! Make your own spacer, debaffle and save the money. As you can see, it's much better than stock or FRA and cheap. Mine cost $25. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...amairchart.jpg

  5. #5
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Speed Inc. still has it listed for sale on their website. Call em and ask em.

  6. #6
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Speed Inc. still has it listed for sale on their website. Call em and ask em.
    Not Available any longer

  7. #7
    Member sharptransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    720

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

    Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    $500?! Make your own spacer, debaffle and save the money. As you can see, it's much better than stock or FRA and cheap. Mine cost $25. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...amairchart.jpg
    any pics of your setup?

  8. #8
    Member jag42420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    43
    Posts
    525

    Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

    I took plexiglass and portioned it off http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/IMG_1813.jpg
    I glued it together, installed it and checked fit http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/IMG_1816.jpg
    I added weatherstripping for a final seal http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...42420/JGRA.jpg

    Mine was cheap & easy. Some take their time, spend a bit more, and get something like his http://guerragroup.com/2000TA.htm

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    I took plexiglass and portioned it off http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/IMG_1813.jpg
    I glued it together, installed it and checked fit http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...0/IMG_1816.jpg
    I added weatherstripping for a final seal http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...42420/JGRA.jpg

    Mine was cheap & easy. Some take their time, spend a bit more, and get something like his http://guerragroup.com/2000TA.htm
    I don't have pics atm but I recently made my own BG type setup. It involved using Great Stuff which is a filler/sealant to fill the space around the cutouts in the hood scoop and black spray paint to make it invisible. Very messy job, can't say it went particularly well, but I got foam and sealed the lid to the hood (the wrong way, I put the foam down onto the air box instead of up onto the hood) and I simply double-layered the foam instead of fabbing up a 1" thick board to use. I also modified my lower airbox to delete the front portion and the awkward baffle in the middle, and I'm equally unsure about these results. Having the filter so exposed is nice, but it tends to sag in the front middle, resulting in a less-than-perfect seal. I am looking into a couple of options with regard to this, and I think that I will add a silicone sealant to attach the filter to the lid, and a few pieces of foam will be applied to the bottom of the hood to provide pressure to keep the lid sealed down. I'm still a little embarassed to take pictures of my ghetto-foolery but as soon as I get all of the mess cleaned up if anybody wants to see some I might post 'em up. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know be careful and take your time if you decide to make your own, the inserts are expensive and difficult to fab but you can fill the whole damn thing up with a sealant with care, let it dry, and cut holes for your airbox to breathe through. It works very well and I'm sure it could be done beautifully by someone with more patience than me.

  10. #10
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    I don't have pics atm but I recently made my own BG type setup. It involved using Great Stuff which is a filler/sealant to fill the space around the cutouts in the hood scoop and black spray paint to make it invisible. Very messy job, can't say it went particularly well, but I got foam and sealed the lid to the hood (the wrong way, I put the foam down onto the air box instead of up onto the hood) and I simply double-layered the foam instead of fabbing up a 1" thick board to use. I also modified my lower airbox to delete the front portion and the awkward baffle in the middle, and I'm equally unsure about these results. Having the filter so exposed is nice, but it tends to sag in the front middle, resulting in a less-than-perfect seal. I am looking into a couple of options with regard to this, and I think that I will add a silicone sealant to attach the filter to the lid, and a few pieces of foam will be applied to the bottom of the hood to provide pressure to keep the lid sealed down. I'm still a little embarassed to take pictures of my ghetto-foolery but as soon as I get all of the mess cleaned up if anybody wants to see some I might post 'em up. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know be careful and take your time if you decide to make your own, the inserts are expensive and difficult to fab but you can fill the whole damn thing up with a sealant with care, let it dry, and cut holes for your airbox to breathe through. It works very well and I'm sure it could be done beautifully by someone with more patience than me.
    Good write up from a guy named Dick Head..........

  11. #11
    Member sharptransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    720

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Good write up from a guy named Dick Head..........
    Ok. I wasn't going to be the first to say it...but now that it's out there. J/k man, excellent mod, and telling other's where you goofed keeps them from doing the same thing.

  12. #12
    You want MuShu? Soul TKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    441

    Arctic White
    1999 WS.6 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    I don't have pics atm but I recently made my own BG type setup. It involved using Great Stuff which is a filler/sealant to fill the space around the cutouts in the hood scoop and black spray paint to make it invisible. Very messy job, can't say it went particularly well, but I got foam and sealed the lid to the hood (the wrong way, I put the foam down onto the air box instead of up onto the hood) and I simply double-layered the foam instead of fabbing up a 1" thick board to use. I also modified my lower airbox to delete the front portion and the awkward baffle in the middle, and I'm equally unsure about these results. Having the filter so exposed is nice, but it tends to sag in the front middle, resulting in a less-than-perfect seal. I am looking into a couple of options with regard to this, and I think that I will add a silicone sealant to attach the filter to the lid, and a few pieces of foam will be applied to the bottom of the hood to provide pressure to keep the lid sealed down. I'm still a little embarassed to take pictures of my ghetto-foolery but as soon as I get all of the mess cleaned up if anybody wants to see some I might post 'em up. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know be careful and take your time if you decide to make your own, the inserts are expensive and difficult to fab but you can fill the whole damn thing up with a sealant with care, let it dry, and cut holes for your airbox to breathe through. It works very well and I'm sure it could be done beautifully by someone with more patience than me.
    POST PICS!

    i wanna see the hack job

  13. #13
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
    POST PICS!

    i wanna see the hack job

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    okay... :grin:

    Key: After, Before, After.

    I did a little trimming/cleaning tonight. Hoping to get it totally smoothed out in there for max airbox volume for efficiency and minimum turbulence. I had divided each compartment all the way back to the airbox (pic 2) and tonight I cutout most of the divisor, so it's just a rectangle with 2 grilled nostrils. Can't decide whether or not to lose the grilles, they seem to straighten the incoming air but they also seem to cut back the flow some. They've finished uploading, here ya'll go

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    I just masked off the back of the slit and filled it until the nostrils were both full up to the painted surface. I then put tape on the back of the grilles and reinstalled them, so the filler hardened inside but couldn't push up into the area where it would **** up the paint. Took about a day to dry it all out. It's been kind of a bitch to trim it right/decide how to trim it, but aside from looking like alien splooge until it's cut smooth and painted it seems to be an excellent, albeit potentially very messy, solution.

  16. #16
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    okay... :grin:

    Key: After, Before, After.

    OK..........You can take some ass busting.....I'll give you that. You're OK..........






    2000 NBM WS6

    /oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

    ><(((>`..`.><((((>

  17. #17
    You want MuShu? Soul TKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    441

    Arctic White
    1999 WS.6 Trans Am

    HOLY CRAP!!!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    it will be cleaner when I get the peeling ass, ugly-already hood painted...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    524

    Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

    I'll post up new pics tomorrow but I recently replaced my factory fog lights with tractor mounting lights from O'Reilley's because one of them was broken, which turned out awesome, and ran brake ducting from the ducts in the front of my car to turn out near the rotors on my wheels - it goes and stops faster now (I think it helps because of aerodynamic stuff - am starting a thread on it here)


LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Air induction kit ?
    By DIRTK WS6 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 11:51 PM
  2. Air Induction
    By CYCLONE GREY GTO in forum GTO
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 09:55 PM
  3. slp cold air induction and volant air induction
    By beer in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:26 AM
  4. N/A or Forced Induction?
    By RidinDirty in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 12:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •