Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue
    2002 Trans Am

anyone use this catback system?

I was looking at making the T/A a little louder, I know I can mess with the Y-pipe, but I really was just trying to go with the cat-back area.
    I was wondering if anyone has tried this set up? if so how is fitment. The price is not bad, but then cheap can be not good.
    So just wonder if anyone has used this
    98 02 Camaro Trans Am Catback Stainless Exhaust LS1 V8 SS Z28 Firehawk Bolt On | eBay

$_57.jpg

ASh

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

That will be a lot more than a "little" louder. Considering it has a bullet muffler its going to be as close to running straight pipes as you can get. If you have catalytic converters it'll help dampen it some.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

blue
    2002 Trans Am

yes I plan on running the cats. I was reading on the true dual thread, would like to do that, but want to keep cats, because of long drives I have. This just looks clean though and might try to add my single chamber in there where the other muffler is. I just do not know if I could fit it.
    There was a guy on youtube that did a single chamber muffler before the y part, so just trying to figure it out

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Is that "muffler" bolted on or welded into the exhaust? Hard to tell from the pic. Hopefully it is separate. That seems pretty cheap if new, but as long as it's mandrel bent and a good grade of stainless the only thing I'd be worried about would be how it fit.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

I believe it is welded on. That was a concern for myself about the fitment.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Here is what the description says:

New Phab Catback Exhaust System w/bullet muffler

fits 1998,1999,2000,2001,2002 LS1 Camaro/Trans Am
    "HUGE POWER GAINS W/ AMAZING SOUND"

This kit includes the following parts:

- Phab LS1 catback exhaust system •Fully polished stainless steel system
    •Fully mandrel bent
    •Beautiful TIG welds
    •Includes 2 hangers for rear oem location
    •Over axle system for OEM fitment and clearance
    •Muffler is a 3" high flow bullet

Everything is brand new from the exhaust vendor Phabbing. No clamps are included, we prefer to weld exhaust systems because clamps look messy underneath the car. The exhaust is easy to weld because everything is slip fit. If you need clamps, we suggest stainless steel band clamps over "U" clamps. The true dual system was built on a Camaro and if you're a Trans Am owner you may need some adjusting on the tips in order to center them in your factory valance. This is a big system and ships in multiple boxes with signature confirmation required. Please message us with any questions and we will get back asap, we are in the shop 9-5 daily. If you need a qoute for custom installation please email us.

I am going to send them a email about if they guarantee fitment or not

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'd ask what size the exhaust is diameter wise; looks like 2.5" maybe, but might be 2.25"?

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks, I just sent them a message about it,
    I do like the part that it is Stainless Steel for sure

ASh

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I dont know about the right side of the exhaust. It looks like is on a 45' angle compared to the left side. I think it looks unparalleled.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Looks like the same thing as the slp lm1 just polished but the pipes do look smaller in diameter. I personally would just go for the SLP version especially since it comes with a warranty and they are an established company. The slp just isn't polished but it is stainless.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks guys for the input

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Looks like the same thing as the slp lm1 just polished but the pipes do look smaller in diameter. I personally would just go for the SLP version especially since it comes with a warranty and they are an established company. The slp just isn't polished but it is stainless.
    I believe for the little more money I will just go with the SLP LM1 kit
    Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the SLP LM1's kit?
    Thanks again

ASh

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    I dont know about the right side of the exhaust. It looks like is on a 45' angle compared to the left side. I think it looks unparalleled.
    I noticed that as well...they should exit the same way on both sides but that one looks like its pointed too far out...

I also noticed that you'll probably have to buy new tips because it doesnt look like that gives you enough length to exit out the back bumper.

Here's a picture of the same system with corsa clone tips and as you can see, the passenger side is not flush or parallel with the drivers side...not sure if its just the pictures or a design flaw, but it does not look like it is fabbed up correctly. Im sure its nothing a little flexing couldnt fix, but it doesnt look right to me...

Looks like a copy of the old loud mouth SLP exhaust systems to me.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ASh302 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I believe for the little more money I will just go with the SLP LM1 kit
    Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the SLP LM1's kit?
    Thanks again

ASh
    You might want to consider the SLP Loudmouth II instead. A little more "less obnoxious" if that makes sense lol.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

I ran LM1s on my 04 mach with a o/r h-pipe and yes very very loud, lol also on my 13 GT I had ghost cams with cat and muffler delete on,
    for what i'm looking for, I believe being catted and running LM1s will be how loud I am wanting IMO, if not the SLP makes it so I can change out to the LM2 if need be which I like that option.
    Thank you guys, y'all have be a pleasure to deal with,

ASh

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

It is a matter of opinion on what is obnoxious Jon. I never found the LM1 when I had to obnoxious even with long tube headers on. I only got rid of it because it would hold me back on my power levels and needed to go true duals. To the OP here is a sound clip of what my car sounded like with the LM1 with long tube headers and high flow cats on a 3" y-pipe. Whatever your choice is I would do a lot of research. The best way to know what you would like is to listen in person but that isn't always possible. Finding as much of sound clips for different combinations is the closest you can get without being there in person to determine what you like best.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have 1-7/8" LT's, no cats and the LM II. Now with the procharger installed, it is even louder. I can't tell you how many people have rolled up their windows when close to me when I'm just cruising around. It's 100x louder when I get on it. Couldn't imagine having it be even louder.

Ash, I ran the loud mouth 1 and 2 on a 4th gen with stock manifolds and cats. You are right, the nice thing about the SLP setup is that you can swap out the muffler to suit your sound level. I found the Loud Mouth 2 very quiet with the manifolds and cats, with just a slight rumble but nothing crazy, no drone or anything of that nature.

I currently run a 4" mufflex with a magnaflow race muffler, with long tube headers and no cats. It's like Jon described. It's so friggin loud I can't stand it anymore. My wife drives that car daily and she's tired of it as well. I can literally hear her coming home from about 3-4 miles away when she's putting through the neighborhood at 35 mph. You can scare people with it, it's just flat out loud. I will admit it sounds sweet at full song, but anything else is just annoying.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ash, I ran the loud mouth 1 and 2 on a 4th gen with stock manifolds and cats. You are right, the nice thing about the SLP setup is that you can swap out the muffler to suit your sound level. I found the Loud Mouth 2 very quiet with the manifolds and cats, with just a slight rumble but nothing crazy, no drone or anything of that nature.

I currently run a 4" mufflex with a magnaflow race muffler, with long tube headers and no cats. It's like Jon described. It's so friggin loud I can't stand it anymore. My wife drives that car daily and she's tired of it as well. I can literally hear her coming home from about 3-4 miles away when she's putting through the neighborhood at 35 mph. You can scare people with it, it's just flat out loud. I will admit it sounds sweet at full song, but anything else is just annoying.
    Thanks, I believe I am going to just go with the SLP LM1 set up and call it a day

ASh

Thread Information