Anyone sell a Header+ exhaust system ??

This is a discussion on Anyone sell a Header+ exhaust system ?? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Looking to replace my entire exhaust. Just picked up an 01 and the dinky stock exhaust (wow the pipe is ...

SOM
    2002 SS

Anyone sell a Header+ exhaust system ??

Looking to replace my entire exhaust. Just picked up an 01 and the dinky stock exhaust (wow the pipe is like flat in one portion of the exhaust!) needs to be replaced. I want Long tube headers and a full system right to the tail pipes. Not looking for loud actually want a nice sound but as quiet as possible. As long as I know its flowing better than the dinky system its good for me.

I am assuming I will need 02 sims for the rear o2s?

Also can the emissions stuff off the headers be removed or will that throw codes too? I thought I read somewhere that the 01 has no egr but I see egr-like pipes coming from the centre manifold pipes.

thanks !

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have a full exhaust system for sale.

Pacesetter Headers (EGR and AIR have already been blocked off), Off-Road Y-Pipe and Hooker Aerochamber Exhaust w/ Electric Cutout. Since you said you wanted to keep it quiet, I won't sell you the cutout and you can just blockoff the opening. $700 plus shipping.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

the set up on my car is good for this set up. but the one ls1camino is a good deal for the cash. i have texas speed headers and magnaflow cat back with a ory. it will get some codes so i would say the best thing is to get a tune as well and you will be vary happy with how it turns out.

2002 WS6 TranAm

5 you could buy HOoker LT from Summit's for $300, Y pipe from Pace for $130 and with the Summit Rebate a set of Aero Chambers for I think for $70 and come out at $500 most if not all with free shipping. You can do Pacesetters with Y for around $450-500 depending on where you end up at.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Dont buy the O2 sims. I purchased them and proally six months later it was throwing codes again. Just send your PCM to Frost its def worth the money. He will delete all the codes and add some HP at the same time.

Def put the 02 sims $ towards the mail order tune. Its a guaranteed permanent fix

SOM
    2002 SS

Very Nice thanks guys. So basically I need a set of headers then a Y pipe and an after cat exhaust. Now are most of these systems designed to work with the stock cats, aftermarkey cats or No cats at all ?

blue
    99z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Very Nice thanks guys. So basically I need a set of headers then a Y pipe and an after cat exhaust. Now are most of these systems designed to work with the stock cats, aftermarkey cats or No cats at all ?
    the stock cats wont work you can go catless or catted its up 2 u cats usually quiet it down a little

Thread Information