Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anyone HYDROLOCKED there LS1 F-BODY?

This is a discussion on Anyone HYDROLOCKED there LS1 F-BODY? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by shady milkman ohhhhhh..makes sense ..i want a ls3 418+ so i pray for hydrolock i could help ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ohhhhhh..makes sense ..i want a ls3 418+ so i pray for hydrolock
    i could help you with that.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    i could help you with that.
    help me with a ls3 stroked and bored ?? yes please

silver
    2001 Firebird Formula LS1

Doing an engine swap, motor out of a 1998 into a 2001 what will need to be changed ?

Black
    2001 WS6

In my two t/a's ive owned, ive done all the free ram air mods and then some. On my old t/a, i lived on the east coast and would drive in hurricane force rain on the highway no problem. Out here in az where speed limits are higher ive driven in heavy rain at 70+ mph with the free ram air mods ( baffles removed, ect) and, on top of that, made my own bigger under the car bottom feeding ram air duct. never a problem

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

I bought my car from a guy in FL and he supposedly hyro'd it at 20k mi. I have the carfax to prove it got a warranty engine then. He said it was freeway driving in a heavy down pour with the slp lid and scoop.

First thing I did when I got the car was to take that stupid scoop off. All it does is block the radiator, trap dirt in the rad, and clog up the filter with dirt. I dont buy any "ram air hp" bs with that thing, just a dumb CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    In my two t/a's ive owned, ive done all the free ram air mods and then some. On my old t/a, i lived on the east coast and would drive in hurricane force rain on the highway no problem. Out here in az where speed limits are higher ive driven in heavy rain at 70+ mph with the free ram air mods ( baffles removed, ect) and, on top of that, made my own bigger under the car bottom feeding ram air duct. never a problem
    I agree, I've had it done for years without a problem. I think what happens is you get a handfull of people that have tried to drive accross deep water, and the air dam acts like a shovel pushing water right into the air box.
    You would have to be moving pretty steady to accomplish it though. I personally don't drive through water like that, turn around and wait for it to reside or find another way around. With common sense like that I've never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheMinivan View Post
    I bought my car from a guy in FL and he supposedly hyro'd it at 20k mi. I have the carfax to prove it got a warranty engine then. He said it was freeway driving in a heavy down pour with the slp lid and scoop.

First thing I did when I got the car was to take that stupid scoop off. All it does is block the radiator, trap dirt in the rad, and clog up the filter with dirt. I dont buy any "ram air hp" bs with that thing, just a dumb CAI.
    Even with your lower scoop removed you will still have access dirt directed toward the filter, because if the lower scoop was there, that means someone has already cut the upper shroud (aka free ram air mod)

I've had my SS to the track, which already had a functional hood, and even at that I found the free ramair mod was worth a bit. And I also have the SLP air duct on one of the cars. In particular the one I tested.
    If you don't believe in it, it's simple to find out. I went to the track and made several runs, then duct taped the upper shroud shut under the filter, then made several more runs. I could not duplicate the MPH or ET I was running before. Try it,,,,it might surprise you. I know I was. Especially considering all the people that told me it was a useless mod on an SS with a functional hood.

Black
    2001 WS6

lol what the hell are people doing to their cars to get that much dirt and water up in their filter and engine? *cues the smokey and the bandit tune

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    lol what the hell are people doing to their cars to get that much dirt and water up in their filter and engine? *cues the smokey and the bandit tune
    Well that's my thought too. To actually shovel water with the air dam straight up a good 1-1 1/2 feet to reach the air box and be sucked in through the filter you have to be trying pretty damn hard.
    Either that, or they are simply driving in water that is as deep as the air box is high

Either way, even thinking of driving through flooded roadways in a sporty type of car that is barely 6 inches off the ground even at stock ride height is beyond comprehension for me.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I've never personally hydrolocked an LS1, but that's how I got my WS6. The lady I bought it from hydrolocked it by driving through a 2-3ft. flooded road (dumb bitch). I'm currently in the process of trying to pull the engine out and replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    I've never personally hydrolocked an LS1, but that's how I got my WS6. The lady I bought it from hydrolocked it by driving through a 2-3ft. flooded road (dumb bitch). I'm currently in the process of trying to pull the engine out and replace it.
    Ya 2-3 feet,,,,that would be enough to do it

I can't believe people would even consider trying that. I wouldn't even drive our 4x4 blazer through that crap, just for fear of being washed away before I reached the other side. What the hell is wrong with people.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

haha the thumbs up and hydrolock in the same sentence
    People have hydrolocked w/o it, I have the ssra and my biggest complaint is if you park to close to the curb it hits and eventually breaks. I have driven through some puddles I would rather not have with it, but the best remedy is to block it off in the rain. Then there is no problem.

OOPS last year.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya 2-3 feet,,,,that would be enough to do it

I can't believe people would even consider trying that. I wouldn't even drive our 4x4 blazer through that crap, just for fear of being washed away before I reached the other side. What the hell is wrong with people.
    I know alot of the "puddles" around here look deceiving and are ALOT deeper than they would seem.

I know alot of the "puddles" around here look deceiving and are ALOT deeper than they would seem.
    Yep, that's why law enforcement tell people all the time, don't drive through standing water, you simply can't tell how deep it really is. Turn around and find another path.
    But people don't listen, and when ever there is excessive rain there is someone making the 6 o'clock news

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Yep, that's why law enforcement tell people all the time, don't drive through standing water, you simply can't tell how deep it really is. Turn around and find another path.
    But people don't listen, and when ever there is excessive rain there is someone making the 6 o'clock news
    Yep, especially in Downtown Charleston. Putting a city on a coastal peninsula was a good idea for the 1700s I guess for all of the shipping and all. But nowadays, all of the roads flood whenever it rains. Sometimes just when it's high tide. You're really fucked if it pours down rain at high tide. That's when you can kayak down your street, lol, which I have actually watched people do.

Yep, especially in Downtown Charleston. Putting a city on a coastal peninsula was a good idea for the 1700s I guess for all of the shipping and all. But nowadays, all of the roads flood whenever it rains. Sometimes just when it's high tide. You're really fucked if it pours down rain at high tide. That's when you can kayak down your street, lol, which I have actually watched people do.
    That would be a site to see

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

That would be a site to see
    Yea. Too bad I didnt have my camera with me though, lol. That would've been an awesome picture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information