Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone ever heard of...

This is a discussion on Anyone ever heard of... within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i hope this is true, as im gonna buy mne a set of these headers within the next week or ...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i hope this is true, as im gonna buy mne a set of these headers within the next week or so

rapter34
    did you use ORY or a cated? and thank you for the write up. i plan on doing these soon.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    You're a moron. Tell me these Jet Hots dont look just like those. Click for full size
    Or these Flowtechs: Click for full size
    Man, for someone who frequents this site alot, you sure can be an asshole! If you got a point to prove, be civil.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

You said it your self. They are not the same. There are small changes. Not the same headers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Alot of the time, changes accure in the design from manufacturer to manufacturer, especially if they are stainless as most mandrel bending machines are right hand, thus you have multiple peice primary tubes.

And I stated that on page 2! Re-read my posts slowly

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

yes I used a pacesetter ory and do not have cat's on it now it really brought out the power in the car but I also had my tb port/polished while it was in there but the big thing is the lt's

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Allright everyone, I got them and installed them this afternoon.

Had no problems getting them, i paid, i recieved. Simple

The quality is definatly pretty good. The TIG welds are all nice looking, and I rate the overall quality around 8.5 out of 10.

Drivers Side install:

Simple, straightforward. Didnt have to disconnect steering, didnt have to grind the block, they slid right in. BUT they are pretty close to the floorboard. (I can fit in 1 finger between the collector and the floorboard.) And this creates a problem when it comes to putting the rest of my exhaust on. But Im sure it will work out just fine.

Passenger Side Install:

Simple again. Nothing to it. BUT one of the primary tubes is rubbing against the engine cradle. Everything bolted up fine, but this concerns me the most. Ill have to figure out something to solve this problem. Plenty of clearence on this side between the floorboard. Passenger side needs a different type of spark plug boot (90 degree) to clear the primary tube on i think cylinder 6. Or else its going to melt it away.

I had everything from taking everything apart to firing up with the headers on done in 3 hours today.

I havent taken it out and drive it yet, and that wont happen untill spring. And im sorry, but i forgot my camera today when i did the install, ill get some pictures sometime this week if i have time.

They are definatly worth the $230 I spent on them from what i can see so far.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by LukesSpeedShop View Post
    Allright everyone, I got them and installed them this afternoon.

Had no problems getting them, i paid, i recieved. Simple

The quality is definatly pretty good. The TIG welds are all nice looking, and I rate the overall quality around 8.5 out of 10.

Drivers Side install:

Simple, straightforward. Didnt have to disconnect steering, didnt have to grind the block, they slid right in. BUT they are pretty close to the floorboard. (I can fit in 1 finger between the collector and the floorboard.) And this creates a problem when it comes to putting the rest of my exhaust on. But Im sure it will work out just fine.

Passenger Side Install:

Simple again. Nothing to it. BUT one of the primary tubes is rubbing against the engine cradle. Everything bolted up fine, but this concerns me the most. Ill have to figure out something to solve this problem. Plenty of clearence on this side between the floorboard. Passenger side needs a different type of spark plug boot (90 degree) to clear the primary tube on i think cylinder 6. Or else its going to melt it away.

I had everything from taking everything apart to firing up with the headers on done in 3 hours today.

I havent taken it out and drive it yet, and that wont happen untill spring. And im sorry, but i forgot my camera today when i did the install, ill get some pictures sometime this week if i have time.

They are definatly worth the $230 I spent on them from what i can see so far.
    Cool!

It is obvious that your motor mounts are shot and that is the only way to get that primary tube away from the K-member.

rapter34
    I am planning on putting these headers on my car and using a catted y-pipe. Since you commented that you used a pacesetter ORY and it fit fine do you thing this one from Texas Speed would fit it? Any Comments or thoughts would really help.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=189&catid=45
    Thanks in advance.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    I am planning on putting these headers on my car and using a catted y-pipe. Since you commented that you used a pacesetter ORY and it fit fine do you thing this one from Texas Speed would fit it? Any Comments or thoughts would really help.

Thanks in advance.
    shouldb e\fine

rapter34
    Thanks, can't wait to get these on!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Thanks in advance.
    Don't count on it. I bought a Texas Speed ory pipe to use with my XS headers and it didn't come close to fitting. Had to modify it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    shouldb e\fine
    What do you base this comment on?

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

What do you base this comment on?
    that people have done it, and the tsp y pipe is close to the same as the pacsetters.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Don't count on it. I bought a Texas Speed ory pipe to use with my XS headers and it didn't come close to fitting. Had to modify it.
    what did you have to modify? length or fit"?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Man, for someone who frequents this site alot, you sure can be an asshole! If you got a point to prove, be civil.
    I already did prove it. You said these headers are not even the same shape as hookers.
    That being said, these are not even the same shape as Hooker LTH's! The Jet Hots are a closer design to the Hookers!
    I then posted a pic of Hooker header showing that they are in fact copied from them.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 02-25-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

what did you have to modify? length or fit"?
    Basically like this:

Granted he's asking about GMG headers and mine are XS, but they do look alot alike. Just saying be ready for the unexpected.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Basically like this:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    that's not the catted y pipe though.

why did you have to cut and repair it that much? it doesn't look like it is/was off by that much.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

that's not the catted y pipe though.

why did you have to cut and repair it that much? it doesn't look like it is/was off by that much.
    Somehow I get the feeling a catted one would have more issues. Had to modify it cause it couldn't be installed, period. Driverside of y could not be put on the collector.

rapter34
    Obviously since not that many people have used these headers yet it will kind of be a crap shoot in the ypipe department. If anyone had any better ideas for a catted ypipe for these headers it would be great help.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Obviously since not that many people have used these headers yet it will kind of be a crap shoot in the ypipe department. If anyone had any better ideas for a catted ypipe for these headers it would be great help.
    I'd try Jet Hots Y pipe. It's exspensive tho. Jet Hots was designed for Jet Hots obviously, same design as these. Pacesetter is a different design. My friend has Jet Hots and his y does have that "s" bend my exhaust guy had to put in my TSP y to fit. One guy on LS1 Tech is using a Jet Hot with XS headers unmodified, so he says. Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information