Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

another true duals thread :)

ok.. i been reading many posts about true duals... and it called my attention..
    i have some questions, i hope some can help me
    whats the benefits on true duals?/ talking about power?
    i know its gonna be louder which im ok with that,
    what muffler could i use with true duals? ill be running CME tips,
    and exhaust i was thinking magnaflow..
    thanks for reading..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Power wise it really benefits high horsepower cars a lot more where catbacks and y-pipes act as bottle necks. The muffler really varies on what you want, its custom after all if you're going into your cme anyways. It is an fbody so there isn't much space though. I always personally wanted a true dual setup with 4x9" magnaflow mufflers, haven't gotten around to it yet.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

done right and flowing right prolly about 15rwhp is what i read in the sticky. you will lose some ground clearence but if done right not too much. your going to need a pan hard bar relocation kit if you want 3 inch over the axle. I have magnaflow bullets sounds absolutely amazing.

Black
    2000 SS

Most people that go duals dont run them all the way back... They useally just dump them
    1967 Camaro - LS1 T56 project
    2003 Z06 - Procharged and LTs
    2001 Honda Civic EX - DD
    2005 Kawaski KFX400
    2000 Camaro SS m6 - 523rwhp 468rwtq - (Sold)

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Thanks guys.
    The more I learn about true duals, The more I want them.
    My setup on exhaust would be.
    LTs
    Highflow cats
    Dual E/lectric cutouts
    Magnaflow muffler
    And CME.

I knw fboys have tight space under the car. So this when I get confused.
    What muffle do I have to use? Two mufflers? Or just a single dual muffler?
    Do I really need an X pipe?
    What I understand is the muffler is goin under the car. And I really want to have it where it usually goes because that's the only place I see room to put it on.
    I been doin reaserch on this.

I seen people that have turn downs or things like that. But I don't like that.

One more thing. The car will be lowered on stranos.

Why is the pan hard bar needed for true duals? Just curious

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Magnaflow has a muffler for dual exhaust.
    I'm sure it's possible to do a custom work and put it where the stock one is right?
    I'm trying to avoid having it under the car.
    I probably take it to my friend tomorrow and see what we can do about it

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yes customization will help. i have two 3 inch over the axle then a bullet on the passenger side right after it comes down the when the drive one makes a 90 to go towards the driver side i got the other bullet hoizontal then out make the 90 to go out the bumper. The relocation makes the bar drop down a bit to give actual clearance for both to fit, its still not going to be easy but you would definitely need it for 3 inch

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Thanks bro.
    I will go for 3 inch pipes.
    On the Pan hard bar I don't have it yet. But I will get that some time soon.
    So I need a relocation kit for the pan hard bar?

If You could. Can you post pics or something about your setup? Or a pic of the mufflers you are running pls.
    Thanks alot man.

I hope I have room for both cutouts

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

no problem, yes get the relocation kit, you can still use the stock pan hard bar to my knowledge, i went ahead and got an adjustable one. ill try and find the phone that has the pics. just go to summit and find 4 inch round magnapacks, they should be like 80$ a piece, i also just got the magnaflow x pipe. you shouldh have room for cut outs maybe not electric though

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Make sure you can use the panhard relocation bar with a drop. I'm not positive but there may be issues there. And yes i would recommend an x-pipe or maybe an h-pipe.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    no problem, yes get the relocation kit, you can still use the stock pan hard bar to my knowledge, i went ahead and got an adjustable one. ill try and find the phone that has the pics. just go to summit and find 4 inch round magnapacks, they should be like 80$ a piece, i also just got the magnaflow x pipe. you shouldh have room for cut outs maybe not electric though
    thanks for the time man..
    i checked those muffler.. do they sound good?? i like the mahnaflow sound but for some reason i thought they would sound like SLP, since they are design almost the same..

im gonna take a look at the relo bracket for the pan hard bar..

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Make sure you can use the panhard relocation bar with a drop. I'm not positive but there may be issues there. And yes i would recommend an x-pipe or maybe an h-pipe.
    sissues with what? not using the pan hard brackt?
    with the drop ill be getting some other supension parts, relo brackets, control arms, and panhard bar.

another thing.. i heard thet the x or hp pipe is only needed for smog purposes, but here in cali dual exhaust on this cars are ilegal. so if its because of that i rather not spend money on those pips.. unless is needed for more power or to get it done right,,

i appreciate the help guys

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

im pretty sure there is no issues with it, thats exactly what i have. Its magnaflow, its gonna sound good lol.

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

X or H pipes are used for more power...something to do with better scavenging of the exhaust gasses.

And unless you are decently modified a 3" dual system is overkill...and in theory a 2.5" will be better for you and help your exhaust flow/scavenge better.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that you can fit 2x3" over the rear axle even with the Relocation bracket if your lowered, I've seen 2x2.5" and that was tight and not on a lowered car. I'd get the car in the air and have a talk with whoever is going to do the work so they know what they are getting into before you commit to true dual 3" over the rear axle, that could change the size inlet/outlet of the mufflers/bullets you order/run.

and like bryceslu said "dual 2.5" would likely be better unless you have some serious power adders.
    Last edited by TransAmX2; 05-18-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmX2 View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm not sure that you can fit 2x3" over the rear axle even with the Relocation bracket if your lowered, I've seen 2x2.5" and that was tight and not on a lowered car. I'd get the car in the air and have a talk with whoever is going to do the work so they know what they are getting into before you commit to true dual 3" over the rear axle, that could change the size inlet/outlet of the mufflers/bullets you order/run.

and like bryceslu said "dual 2.5" would likely be better unless you have some serious power adders.
    And make sure you talk to a shop who has done a true dual setup on a f-body before. I talked to several shops around here and they even said 2.5" was impossible. Even after showing them countless pics of dual setup cars they wouldnt believe they were driveable. Too many shops want to do short and easy jobs not put any real work in to it.

If you want the muffler in the stock location on a true dual setup, Bassani is the only manufacture I'm aware of that does this and it keeps all the factory ground clearance. It's a bolt on setup that would save a ton of fab work. Your CME could easily be adapted to it.

If you go custom and want to keep your ground clearance the only other option would be a pair of mufflers tucked up inside the rear quarter panels right before the tailpipes. In order to make your CME work you would have to use rather small/short/compact mufflers in there in order to make room for the 90 degree turns the pipes have to make. Difficult, expensive, but can be done if you can find a shop that will take the time to do it.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

thanks everyone for the replies...

i was looking at the bassani muffler for true duals and it seems is the way to go.. unless magnaflow has the same set up..
    i love the way magnaflow sounds,, bassani sounds good too but i think is a bit louder..

im kinda confused on something.. so for true duals is better to run 2.5 pipes instead of 3'?? is that for better fitment?/ ill be planing on running bolt ons only// heads and cam..

what could be better x pipe or H pipe.?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

another thing.... true duals is it WAY louder than Y pipe setup??

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

My custom true duals with Magnaflow 5x8's was quieter than some stock internal catback/LT cars.
    I LOVED that. No idea how badass it was to be able to lay down over 500 at the wheels (more if you have boost/nitrous) but sound like a car with bolt-on's. I had people mess with me all the time just rolling along.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYYqFiCHbI[/ame]

If need be....opening the cutouts took 3 seconds...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlgb4ouesA[/ame]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information