guvner

another exhaust setup question

Greetings! My apologies for asking a question you've answered a 100 times before. I've looked through the old posts for advice.
    First an introduction - I am a newbie F-body owner. I just purchased a 2002 Z28, auto, perf axle, with 3112 miles on it. I come from a vette background (still got one) and notice a few familiar faces on here. I'm an old fart and live in central Mississippi.

First thing I want to do is open up the exhaust. Thunder Racing has recommended a stainless Dynatech header.y-pipe, cat, with Hooker catbacks. Anybody see anything fundamentally wrong with that setup? Thunder will do the install.

Thunder offers a dyno tune. Should I do that?

Racing to me means no turns!

Carl

Jared22
    You will be very pleased with the stainless steal header. That's the way to go if you have the money. Stick with a y pipe that has cats. And as for the Hooker catback, I've never heard one in person but only from sound clips. Head on over to www.ls1sounds.com and listen to some clips and you can see what you think. The most popular catback, also for being so inexpensive, is the MagnaFlow. Also check that one out. However, if you have the money to spend and are looking for a premium muscle car sound, go GMMG.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

If you want stainless go with qtp or kooks. Ceramic coated are also great headers (i run them on my ride). I havent heard the hooker in person, but from ls1sounds, it sounds good! I would only do a tune if you do not plan a cam install in the near future. If you do decide to get a tune, be sure thunder will offer you a deal on a retune for the cam later on. Ive been procrastinating on doing a write up on the exhaust systems and all that stuff...
    Nino

Thread Information