navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

All bullets sound close?

I recently did a muffler delete and the guy at the shop put on a bullet style glass pack. I have it turned down before the rear end and I hate the sound. I feel the performance but it just sounds like shit. I asked the shop owner if putting a different bullet instead of the glasspack would sound better. He said the bullets are straight through design and are the same thing as a glass pack and they all will sound pretty close to the same as it does now. Is this true? I really like the performance I got so I was gonna buy a dynomax bullet but he said not to waste my money because it wont change the sound. He did recommend that I install a cutout but I wouldn't mind leaving it open if I can get it to sound decent. Can someone clarify this for me please.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

i just ordered 2 magnaflow bullets and wesman has the 6in round and his sounds sick! go to blue02Z's page and listen, also youtube has a few clips of them. Sorry to hear about that hope you get a good sound soon

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135752

Listen to the videos of my car. I have dynomax bullets in a texas speed rumbler x setup behind pacesetters.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

If I were gonna go with bullets I'd go with chambered ones like the GMMG use,classicchambered. Did you have a crossover pipe like H or X?
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 07-26-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Removed direct link to nonsponsor

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    I recently did a muffler delete and the guy at the shop put on a bullet style glass pack. I have it turned down before the rear end and I hate the sound. I feel the performance but it just sounds like shit. I asked the shop owner if putting a different bullet instead of the glasspack would sound better. He said the bullets are straight through design and are the same thing as a glass pack and they all will sound pretty close to the same as it does now. Is this true? I really like the performance I got so I was gonna buy a dynomax bullet but he said not to waste my money because it wont change the sound. He did recommend that I install a cutout but I wouldn't mind leaving it open if I can get it to sound decent. Can someone clarify this for me please.
    glass packs sound like garbage! that's what cholo's put on their hydolic slammed 60's impalas. they have little perferated holes in the lining of them and sound real poppy.... I have never personaly met anyone who has a glass pack on a LS1 camaro lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    If I were gonna go with bullets I'd go with chambered ones like the GMMG use. Did you have a crossover pipe like H or X?
    X Pipe
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 07-26-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Removed nonsponsor link

Black
    2001 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135752

Listen to the videos of my car. I have dynomax bullets in a texas speed rumbler x setup behind pacesetters.
    I have to agree they sound amazing. IH8EVRY1 has been giving me some help on my tsp true dual setup and it sounds amazing. go with the dynomax bullets.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    If I were gonna go with bullets I'd go with chambered ones like the GMMG use,classicchambered. Did you have a crossover pipe like H or X?
    I was thinking of gmmg but man are they pricey. I think I got scammed because the shop owner told me that a glass pack is the same as a bullet muffler. I just have a off road y pipe and dumped before the rear end. I guess I will just buy a bullet muffler and put it where the glass pack is. I have a true dual set up going on my other camaro but still waiting for the parts to come in.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    glass packs sound like garbage! that's what cholo's put on their hydolic slammed 60's impalas. they have little perferated holes in the lining of them and sound real poppy.... I have never personaly met anyone who has a glass pack on a LS1 camaro lol
    I agree, glass packs sound horrible lol. I had no idea what I was buying, the prick at the muffler shop told me it was just like a bullet muffler. I was going to buy a borla or dynomax bullet but he said not to waste my money because it will sound just like the glass pack. I think I got screwed mark. If put a dynomax bullet where the glass pack is will it sound better? I like the performance I got because I have a CME that came with the car and it was way restrictive compared to what it is now

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A bullet/resonator are going to sound really close. A round which is basically just a larger diameter of a bullet will be quieter-not by a whole lot.

Thread Information