Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

air removal question

This is a discussion on air removal question within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well there ya go...should help you get those hoses back to where they need to be...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

well there ya go...should help you get those hoses back to where they need to be

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    well there ya go...should help you get those hoses back to where they need to be
    Right on, thanks for your speedy replies and info!! Trouble is that the hose is in pieces....

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

no problem man. glad i could help....shouldnt be too hard to fix

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

SteveCZ28 that helped me, now I can follow what the OP was talking about. Your pics make sense now.

OP, I believe you can take a piece of that hose to auto parts store and have them cut you some and just replace the hose pieces you need. I don't think the hard pieces are throughout the whole piece. I need to look at mine after work to confirm.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    SteveCZ28 that helped me, now I can follow what the OP was talking about. Your pics make sense now.

OP, I believe you can take a piece of that hose to auto parts store and have them cut you some and just replace the hose pieces you need. I don't think the hard pieces are throughout the whole piece. I need to look at mine after work to confirm.
    thanks also smws6ta! i think i will just use black heavy fuel hose, cant see why it wouldnt work

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

your right man. the plastic is used as a runner from the pcv valve running the length of the intake to the first fitting on the passenger side valve cover...then there is another plastic line used as a runner from the passenger side valve cover to the drivers side valve cover. but use rubber ends for the valve cover fittings

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

bringing this thread back to life, finished my install, headers, ory, p tb, exaust, and mail order tune from frost. Car fired right up and idles with no issues. When out for a test run under acceleration the car stumbles and backfires rapidly like a machine gun. Iam wondering if i didnt do something right when i removed the air system. I look at the pictures on here and cant seem to figure this out. I keep hearing about a diverter solenoid but i cant find it on my car (1998). Also keep hearing about capping off a line at the back of the intake??? I have a code reader(cheap one) but there is NO numerical codes thrown up. But, it has three flashing icons which is telling me there is a possible problem: "EV" evaporative system monitor, "O" oxygen system monitor, and "OH" oxygen sensor heater monitor. Iam thinking i didnt cap a line or maybe pulled a line i shouldnt have. Here is a pic of my air pump and an unkown cylindrical object which i also pulled with the air pump. Can anybody tell me what it is and was i right in removing it? Iam stumped here.

silver
    2000 formula

think the 98 are diff from 00.......so not a clue here.........ask cutlass

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    think the 98 are diff from 00.......so not a clue here.........ask cutlass
    i think your right! I know what everyone is taliking about but everything is much different on my car. I guess its the same principles tho

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by razer900 View Post
    bringing this thread back to life, finished my install, headers, ory, p tb, exaust, and mail order tune from frost. Car fired right up and idles with no issues. When out for a test run under acceleration the car stumbles and backfires rapidly like a machine gun. Iam wondering if i didnt do something right when i removed the air system. I look at the pictures on here and cant seem to figure this out. I keep hearing about a diverter solenoid but i cant find it on my car (1998). Also keep hearing about capping off a line at the back of the intake??? I have a code reader(cheap one) but there is NO numerical codes thrown up. But, it has three flashing icons which is telling me there is a possible problem: "EV" evaporative system monitor, "O" oxygen system monitor, and "OH" oxygen sensor heater monitor. Iam thinking i didnt cap a line or maybe pulled a line i shouldnt have. Here is a pic of my air pump and an unkown cylindrical object which i also pulled with the air pump. Can anybody tell me what it is and was i right in removing it? Iam stumped here. Click for full sizeClick for full size

Could you blow up the pics a little. Hard to see

I have a 98 also,

diverter solenoid - I don't think our years had them.

Those codes - did you tell Frost that you were going to delete EGR and Air Pump system?

Did you plug the egr port on the intake manifold? On the right side of photo look behind the throttle body you will see a aluminum plug on the intake. If this isn't plugged it could be causing you problems

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Could you blow up the pics a little. Hard to see

I have a 98 also,

diverter solenoid - I don't think our years had them.

Those codes - did you tell Frost that you were going to delete EGR and Air Pump system?

Did you plug the egr port on the intake manifold? On the right side of photo look behind the throttle body you will see a aluminum plug on the intake. If this isn't plugged it could be causing you problems

Click for full size
    thanks, no wonder i cant find the diverter solenoid! LOL. Frost deleted air and egr. And yes i did plug the egr port on top of the intake. Sorry bout the crappy pics. I just found out how to upload pics, now i have to resize them. Thanks for the suggestions!

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

problem solved...cracked #6 spark plug! Iam happy now

Navy Blue Metallic

Glad you solved the problem. How you found out? Just went back over everything?

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

Glad you solved the problem. How you found out? Just went back over everything?
    I didnt want to start rippin everything apart till i got the codes read by a good reader. Everybody here was hinting about a possible plug/wire issue. Well, they were right, a good code reader found out right away that #6 was missfiring. Simple fix and now the car goes like stink!! Just a hint, dont buy a crappy code reader. But all is good now

Navy Blue Metallic

You should of been around when when the 95-97 had the coil pack plate problem for the Firebirds. That was a major POA trying to figure that one out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information