yellow
    2002 ws6

Exclamation Air induction kit ?

Im new to this site and i need help.... a recently just bought a 35th anniversary ws6 transam ram air. Im lookiing into buying my first bolt on i dont know whether to by just the slp lid and the bellow or the whole kit that comes with the lid, bellow , k&n filter and it comes with a 304 stainless steel air box that mounts top of the radiator........ i was told since my car is ram air i shouldnt buy the stainless steel air box that mounts on top of the radiator. please help i dont want to buy something i dont need or wont help increasing my horespower.

white
    2000 Z28

all the ram air kits from under the filter help for sure. i would go fast toys ram air as opposed to slp. the bellows can be made for like 4 dollars from lowes/home depot. alot of people like the volant setup for the ws6 hoods but the slp lid is still good. outside of the lid and line lock alot of people have plenty bad to speak of as far as their parts line up goes though. slp is definitely not friendly to a budget. as for your car being a ram air model. the hoods just dont give enough air. seeing as how our cars are designed as more of a bottom feeder they get much more air from the radiator if its not blocked off. the hood helps from what im told but its not a seal intake from the factory. the volant as a kit comes with a setup that seals the intake which gives it more of a vacuum. otherwise that air is just going into the engine bay not just the intake. some others will chime in with some good info aswell.

black
    1998 trans am

Let me know if we can help save you some cash!!!

Thanks,

Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have a WS6 and I went with K&N only. If your going to pull the box

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=57-3022-2

you could just replace your filter with this one and keep you stock box

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2118

either way you will gain a little more HP

white
    2000 Z28

personally if i were you i would go lid and do the free ram air mod. from there youll know if you want the ducting in front of the radiator. i like their filter. the k&n cold air kit may perform well. but i really havent seen anything on it except that price lol. but it looks like to me it wouldnt be any better than just a lid. seeing as how it completely blocks the radiator so no air can come up. but as it comes from the factory very little air comes up anyways, hence the free ram air mod.

here are the free mods http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_03.html

yellow
    2002 ws6

thanks for taking the time to share with me your info hope i get some more feedback from other members.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Like someone else suggested, save your money on the smooth bellows from SLP. Go to Home Depot, buy a Fernco 3" x3" rubber coupling in the plumbing dept. It will help a little and it saves money.
    If you want to get more air, check out the SSRA. It gives a cold air effect at slow speeds and a ram air effect at highway speed. It adds some decent power and gave me about 2 mpg on the highway. Plus it gives the car a deeper sound, which is good to me.
    I have an SLP lid on my car. It fits, but not well. Noticed a small gain in performance. My car is a Z-28 so im not sure about this part for you.
    Good Luck.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

You could cheap out on the bellows. Its according to what you're modding for. You just want performance? Or are you doin it to show off as well? I bought the SLP cold air induction for my first TA. It was the first mod & I think it was a great choice. Looks good and performs as well. I wanna be able to pop my hood and someone say, damn, thats clean. But that's just me.

black
    01 SS

just curious but what you guys mean by bellows?? tryn to figure out if i already have that on my car thanks

white
    2000 Z28

it is the piece between the maf and lid. if its aftermarket its smooth. if its stock it looks like an accordian.

black
    01 SS

thanks for the tip.. gotta get it, lol i had the k&n intake system on my car i personally didnt like it at all.. so i switched to a stock box, with FRA mod, and slp lid, and i sold the bellow with the dang kit.. should have kept it, but i can get another on cheap.. cheap..lol

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    You could cheap out on the bellows. Its according to what you're modding for. You just want performance? Or are you doin it to show off as well? I bought the SLP cold air induction for my first TA. It was the first mod & I think it was a great choice. Looks good and performs as well. I wanna be able to pop my hood and someone say, damn, thats clean. But that's just me.
    Lol just paint the damn things it meets your approval. Personally whether its the slp or other brand they are all ugly. Its about performance with something that ugly

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

I don't these cars look that great under the hood anyway so I'm not concerned with showing it off.
    Maybe if its cleaned, chromed, and painted it might look better.
    Show us a picture of your engine.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Basically, what I'm sayin is I'm not going to manufacture somethin for my car with a bunch of shit from home depot. To each his own.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

My engine bay is definitely not car show material. But its clean. U wanna see some nice shit, search for the pics of engine bay thread. You'll find everything you're lookin for and then some. Fuel rail covers custom painted, chrome, etc.

white
    2000 Z28

Basically, what I'm sayin is I'm not going to manufacture somethin for my car with a bunch of shit from home depot. To each his own.
    thats one way of looking at it. but in my job i make gold out of coal quite a bit. fabrication does take little time to make things look clean and learn but it can be done. personally the only intake assembly that is pleasing to the eye are the t/c and s/c set ups. especially the aps twin set up.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    thats one way of looking at it. but in my job i make gold out of coal quite a bit. fabrication does take little time to make things look clean and learn but it can be done. personally the only intake assembly that is pleasing to the eye are the t/c and s/c set ups. especially the aps twin set up.
    Part of the fun of having a hot rod is working on it. While bolting parts on gets the job done, fabricating them yourself is very rewarding. Sounds like a welder, torches, and grinders live in your garage too.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Part of the fun of having a hot rod is working on it. While bolting parts on gets the job done, fabricating them yourself is very rewarding. Sounds like a welder, torches, and grinders live in your garage too.
    not yet but my apprenticeship training center allows me to access that stuff when i want or need them. i have yet to use them for the car though. just work and school so far. but it definitely will be used for the car eventually.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

DO NOT GET A K&N FILTER. They allow hella dirt and other foreign crap past them. Oil Gauze filters are 1950's technology. Do a search and you will find out........ Shit, even ask Sarge and he will tell you straight up K&N is shit. Go get yourself a Amsoil Filter, far better technology.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information