Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Air Filter Comparison AC Delco vs K&N vs Green NO dyno #s !

This is a discussion on Air Filter Comparison AC Delco vs K&N vs Green NO dyno #s ! within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; who sells the green?...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,621

    silver
    2000 formula

    who sells the green?

  2. #22
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    i think i also want to give the green a shot... looks like it'sa decent filter... only one way to find out...

  3. #23
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,590

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    The Green filter is what was in my car when I bought it. Right now I've got a Wix paper filter in it. I just use the K&N recharger kit to clean the Green filter and drop in the Wix paper filter while the Green dries.

  4. #24
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    What's the price tag on the green one?

  5. #25
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,590

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Last edited by KahanaReef; 03-11-2011 at 03:48 PM.

  6. #26
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Same price as k&n, I'd def. go this way if I actually had to buy one.

  7. #27
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    So I'm very confused about this, someone clear this up.

    Everyone here hates K&N due to shitty filtration and oiling.

    Everyone loves "Green" that seems better but still need to oil.

    Oil costs money and takes time. Better let it sit and not over oil it or I bet you will run into the same issues as a K&N with the MAF.

    Why don't people hit CompSyn up and check out the Amsoil filters. Can pretty much guarantee they will be more cost effective and filter better then both.

    Just sayin...

    You can return to your regular scheduled thread
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

    Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

    Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

  8. #28
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    So I'm very confused about this, someone clear this up.

    Everyone here hates K&N due to shitty filtration and oiling.

    Everyone loves "Green" that seems better but still need to oil.

    Oil costs money and takes time. Better let it sit and not over oil it or I bet you will run into the same issues as a K&N with the MAF.

    Why don't people hit CompSyn up and check out the Amsoil filters. Can pretty much guarantee they will be more cost effective and filter better then both.

    Just sayin...

    You can return to your regular scheduled thread
    I don't hate my k&n filtering or oil problems, I hate the fitment, apparently the green fits much better.

  9. #29
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I don't hate my k&n filtering or oil problems, I hate the fitment, apparently the green fits much better.
    You may not but the majority of people that talk bad about the K&N do it because of the oiling. I had one years ago and it fit fine, never had a issue with it except when I put it to the light and seen holes everywhere. Ditched it ASAP.

  10. #30
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    The plain truth: An oiled cotton gauze filter is going to pass more dirt into an engine than a paper or nanofiber media filter. Think about where that dirty air goes... directly into your cylinders. I post this based on real world experience.

  11. #31
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The plain truth: An oiled cotton gauze filter is going to pass more dirt into an engine than a paper or nanofiber media filter. Think about where that dirty air goes... directly into your cylinders. I post this based on real world experience.


    Thank you! Pretty much said what I have been saying!

    See that pajeff......I'm good at other things besides AAG

  12. #32
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post


    Thank you! Pretty much said what I have been saying!

    See that pajeff......I'm good at other things besides AAG

    Like you, I run an Amsoil Ea filter.

  13. #33
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Like you, I run an Amsoil Ea filter.
    I love it so far. Fits great, easy to maintain and seems to catch everything. Cheap too and will last just as long with no "Oil" to buy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Oil Filter Comparison
    By Sarge in forum General Help
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:10 AM
  2. AC Delco Filter # ?
    By racerbrowns SS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
  3. Dyno Comparison Gtech, Mustange Dyno & Iphone
    By karpetcm in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 11:44 PM
  4. AC Delco Air Filter better fit
    By va2001ss in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •