black
    99 Z28

after intake swap... getting both knock sensor cod

Ok, so after i swapped from ls1 to ls6 intake and swapped out my stock throttle body to a professional products 85mm tb. I started getting the codes p0327 which is knock sensor low input for bank 1. and p0332 low input for bank 2.

could i have possibly messed up the harness somewhere? like maybe cut it to where both knock sensors are not working? my car was running perfect before the intake and throttle body swap i deleted both these codes and they have just come back. my car still feels like its running good, its not jerky or doesnt stumble. but at idle it does seem like the exhaust fumes have gotten a lil stronger.

and since my car is a 99. i didnt get the 01+ coolant lines. instead i just chipped off the waffle type rivets on the bottom of the intake. and i did not put the foam pads back on because they were kinda beat up.

my car still runs pretty damn good. not sure what is cause the knock sensors to come on. any help is greatly appreciated. i have searched, but have a lot of different answers. just wondering if anybody could help me out.

also is there a wire that maybe i forgot to connect that i took off while doing my intake swap? maybe a wire that connects to the two knock sensors?

thanks,

lee

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

i had the same problem... sort of. i was driving down the highway one day and all of a sudden that code came on. after a total clusterfuck with the dealership (thats another story) i ended up ripping off my manifold and somehow the wires to the sensors had been pinched. it looked like someone took a pair of vicegrips to them. i replaced them and then no more problem
    00 Trans Am:LS1-M6-SLP loudmouth 1-Lid-Bellows-CAI kit-85mm MAF-B&M ripper shifter-Torque Arm-LCA-Panhard Bar-STB-EGR AIR delete

This winter: Torquer V.2-LS6 intake-LT's-Monster clutch-Custom y-pipe-and a really good tune

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

9/10 its the wiring going to your knock sensors, which are right below your intake. You have to tape them down good and flat or they will get pinched. Take the intake off, Repair or replace wiring. Deleting codes will not do anything until the problem is repair. There would have been zero reason you had un plugged the knock sensors. If you did, you would remember doing it... because its a royal pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 08-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.

black
    99 Z28

problem is fixed.

i just forgot to plug the harness back in LOL. n00b mistake on my part.

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

also make sure u put the foam pieces back in there. they will prevent the coolant lines from vibrating against the manifold and making the knock sensors go off.

Thread Information