2 in 2 out

This is a discussion on 2 in 2 out within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; anyone running a 2 inlet 2 outlet muffler with duals? Magnaflow makes one in a case thats 12x8x4 and im ...

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

2 in 2 out

anyone running a 2 inlet 2 outlet muffler with duals? Magnaflow makes one in a case thats 12x8x4 and im thinking it could fit before the axcel what do yall think?

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

I'm not sure if anything will fit before the axle, IMHO, especially if you're running two pipes back. Just got through spending a good bit of time under the car and contemplated what it would take to run true duals especially with my even-more limited clearance with the 9" and tunnel mounted TA and DS loop. I'm probably going to build a 2.5" setup back to a 2-in 2-out muffler.
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

well right now i have 1 slp muffler that goes before the acxel on the I pipe and it has a 4 inch casing. i guess ill just have to do so measuring

Bright Red

If you get it to fit take pics!

That's how Bassani makes their true dual system, but they mount the muffler in the stock location.

I honestly can't see a muffler of that size fitting anywhere in front of the axle. A 2 in/2 out muffler has to be pretty large to begin with.
    Even the bullet style mufflers don't fit all that well in front of the axle, the floor pans just aren't made for it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I'm actually pissed I already did my exhaust. It's expensive buried love that new kooks header back true dual setup ws6stire has listed. Just saw it while ordering the parts for my cam install. Looks badass.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Ya I've seen that. They are using a pair of bullet mufflers right before the exhaust tips.
    Personally although I've never heard it, I'm willing to bet it would be loud as hell. Just not alot of muffler there.

I like the Bassani system better, uses a real muffler. I've seen and heard these systems and they are relatively quiet yet noisy when you want to be. Not to mention the fact that Bassani's is also cheaper in price last time I checked.

Bright Red

Is there a sponsor that sells the Bassani dual setup? There's a local dealer but if a sponsor can get it for the same price I'd rather purchase from them.

To be honest I'm not familiar with all the sponsors here, and wouldn't even know what to click on for a compiled list.

I do know it's sold at LMPerformance and a couple others I can't think of right now. They have it for ~$900, all stainless, X-pipe etc...

For an expert opinion on the system try giving Mrr23 a shout. He has used it on 2 of his 4th gens with dyno comparisons against well know 3 inch catbacks along with quarter mile videos to give you an idea of sound.
    If I'm not mistaken he might even have contacts for purchase info, I believe he was affiliated with Bassani in some form.

In my opinion for the money, you can't go wrong comparing it to Kooks system and the price they want

Bright Red

Holy cow that's high. I think I'll probably make my own since the Bassani also looks like it comes way too close to the rear and I'm sure the 9" will hit it. Anyway- aluminized pipe is fine for the exhaust- sure, stainless looks pretty, but aluminized will be just fine and way less expensive. Might have to check out the Kooks setup as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Holy cow that's high. I think I'll probably make my own since the Bassani also looks like it comes way too close to the rear and I'm sure the 9" will hit it. Anyway- aluminized pipe is fine for the exhaust- sure, stainless looks pretty, but aluminized will be just fine and way less expensive. Might have to check out the Kooks setup as well.
    If you think Bassani is high, check out the price of the Kooks setup. $900 vs $1500,,,big difference.
    When you get into a real dual system, anything you run is going to come very close to the rearend.
    If you are running a 9 inch with even larger axle tubes and larger center section it's even worse, in which case anything you do will probably require some form of modding, test fitting, trimming etc...

Nobody makes an aluminized true dual system. To go that route you'll have to find a shop that is willing to custom bend,,,,then you get to deal with all those lovely "crush" bends,,,,ick.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-29-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    but aluminized will be just fine and way less expensive. Might have to check out the Kooks setup as well.

The Kooks setup is also stainless, and runs $1,500,,,,ouch!

Bright Red

Sorry... had to pick myself up off the floor after that one! Hmmm.... with my clearance limitation around the rear it looks like I'll be making my current setup work a little better. You ought to see how tight the LSXtreme Y fits into the MWC tunnel brace... it's wedged in so tight that it won't budge!

I know what ya mean.

Thread Information