1st Post a BIG problem

This is a discussion on 1st Post a BIG problem within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; It seems like every time I have something done to my car, or I do something to my car it ...

Arctic White
    2002 Camaro SS

1st Post a BIG problem

It seems like every time I have something done to my car, or I do something to my car it always gets F*CKED up . With the header install we took out the air pump, exhaust manifold, y pipe, dip stick, wires, and 7 & 1/2 plugs . The infamous #8 plug bent me over and drilled me hard. It broke off after the bolt, so now there is nothing to hold on to the plug to get it out . I am lost at what to do with this now . Any suggestions besides removing the head? Any help would be appreciated.

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

not sure how much material is in there but u might be able to srill a small pilot hole through the center of the plug and then get an easy out into it.

Arctic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5662
    not sure how much material is in there but u might be able to srill a small pilot hole through the center of the plug and then get an easy out into it.
    I am going to give a dremel tool a shot tomorrow. The only thing with the easy out is that a small one will deffinately brake off in the hole. I think I will have to get all of the material out of the hole, and then take an easy out to it. If that doesnt work, I have to look for a shop to take the head off for me.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I just changed my plugs and my worst fear about #8 is your reality. I feel for you. Personally I'd take it to a shop. You might be risking getting metal shavings or some foreign material in that cylinder. Don't compound your problem.

Arctic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    I just changed my plugs and my worst fear about #8 is your reality. I feel for you. Personally I'd take it to a shop. You might be risking getting metal shavings or some foreign material in that cylinder. Don't compound your problem.
    Thanks for the reply. Last night th eceramic came out, and just 30 minutes ago we got all of the threads out. Tomorrow I will buy some anti seize and start the install. This is a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders now. It wasnt really that bad, it just took 3-4 days to get it out.

Thread Information