Thread: 1999 ls-1

1999 ls-1

This my first post andIam hopeing it is in the correct forum, Thanks in advance. I am a small block gas carburator type and know that engine like the back of my hand BUT Fuel injection and computer I know Very little. So , I am asking will some one or many, teach me what the important aspects are. This LS-1 is a corvet motor and I installed it on an airboat But before I did, I went to GM and got an IMCA package Cam and Computer. well I took this this motor all over orlando Floirida to race shop after race shop and no one knew enough about what was up with computers and just what the software was and even what it did only to load and go. dino and that is it . The motor would not run unless I asperated through the MAF then it would run until the fuel disipated ( ok injectors were not puting out enough fuel they were opening Or they were getting a fire on a node lite . with the computer being IMCA programed it could not be read with the tools they had, and they were lost. So I began search for the man thatknew the computer probram and by chanch it seems there was such a man He was head of the 6 cylinder program at GM. He was responsible for many raceing programs that you allwere buying from the race shops. Well He took a stock Camero computer and put it on his Bench and programed one time and then I installed it has worked well since But it does not have a
    Bin number associated and The deloblo programer does not even reconizwe it as a Car it knows. so I am on a trec to learn the ups and downs, on computer and injectors .for example what is stock injectors and pound per hour and what is the imca set for 120 LBS or 24 lbs does the fues pump mater in this equation? or the regulator set to ??? well Thanks again and as you can see I spell like a 4th grader sorry Mike Yingling Florida

White
    1998 Trans Am

Do you know what year motor and what car it came out of ? The stock injectors range a little from 26 up to 28.8 lb. You do need at least 58lb of fuel pressure. If you want to go carburetor, MSD makes a stand alone computer too ! You might want to check into tuning software for a laptop like HP Tuners. I guess you are running with all the sensors and a stock wiring harness ?

engine is from 99 corvette ; Painless wire harness computer programed by retired GM TEC it was a stock camaro. I tried to re program with deoblo programer it would not reconize it as a good gm vin number ... carb setup was not available when I put the airboat together. fuel pump will deliver plenty of preasure . do you know anything about IMCA computer and cam sold by gm I still have computer. I just bought software from Jet performance hoping it will shed some lite on the subject engine is running but I need some horses. thanks again

Thread Information