Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

160 Thermostat CONTROVERSY!!

This is a discussion on 160 Thermostat CONTROVERSY!! within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I live in Fla. 94 today. I have run a 160 ever since I've owned it, it is all about ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member motrhd1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Age
    55
    Posts
    36

    Black
    2001 Ram Air

    I live in Fla. 94 today. I have run a 160 ever since I've owned it, it is all about the fan settings, my car never even gets hot nor does it miss closed loop
    2001 Black Ram Air
    18x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Motorsport rims
    Vinci High Performance (Crane)Valvetrain-
    1.8 rockers,springs, pushrods, guide plates.
    Cam, double row timing chain, oil pump
    SFC's,LCA's,STB,LCARB's

  2. #42
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by motrhd1 View Post
    I live in Fla. 94 today. I have run a 160 ever since I've owned it, it is all about the fan settings, my car never even gets hot nor does it miss closed loop
    Amen to that! Riding around in Sacramento in the summer with temps reaching 112*...and my temp needle posted @ 180 makes me feel good.

  3. #43
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Amen to that! Riding around in Sacramento in the summer with temps reaching 112*...and my temp needle posted @ 180 makes me feel good.
    What a small world, my wife and family are from Sac,,,,Rio Linda to be exact.

    We are up there all the time. Love old Sac and the train museum area.

  4. #44
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    What a small world, my wife and family are from Sac,,,,Rio Linda to be exact.

    We are up there all the time. Love old Sac and the train museum area.
    Yeah I have been up to train museum several times. Great place to sight see if you are not from around here. I have a few friends from the Rio Linda area that are Mustang guys. That seems to be the car of choice for most of the guys around that area.

  5. #45
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yeah I have been up to train museum several times. Great place to sight see if you are not from around here. I have a few friends from the Rio Linda area that are Mustang guys. That seems to be the car of choice for most of the guys around that area.
    Thats cool. My Father and Mother in-law both work at the museum and restore the old trains as well, so when we visit we always get a free tour along with lunch at what used to be the old train depot.

  6. #46
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    Rush is always talking about you people from Rio Linda on his radio show.

  7. #47
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Rush is always talking about you people from Rio Linda on his radio show.
    LOL, I wouldn't know, I don't listen to the talk shows, I don't even watch much TV for that matter,,,,,

    But people say what they want. My inlaws have lived there since 1928 and still kickin...I've been there 100's of times for weeks at a time,,,,I really don't have a problem with the area myself either.
    Other than of course all the mexicans that can't speak English,,,but shucks,,,thats just about anywhere you go in California anyway

  8. #48
    MOTOR CITY MARO' SSTODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    LIVONIA,MICHIGAN
    Age
    51
    Posts
    786

    PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

    It is just a name I recognized from him saying it all the time for years. It is an inside joke that he has to explain everything simple so Rio Linda understands.
    I thought it was funny when you mentioned the place but I was not trying to offend.

  9. #49
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    It is just a name I recognized from him saying it all the time for years. It is an inside joke that he has to explain everything simple so Rio Linda understands.
    I thought it was funny when you mentioned the place but I was not trying to offend.
    LOL, no offense taken sir. I just figured if it had to do with a talk show then it was probably all negative anyway.
    Seems no one wants to talk about anything good on TV or Radio because it doesn't sell,,,,hence the reason I don't watch or listen to any of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Concussion.......the movie.........and the controversy......
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2016, 11:50 AM
  2. The Lance Armstrong Controversy...........
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
  3. Controversy/Scandal Erupting out of NC Demorat Party...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
  4. southpark mohammad controversy
    By Ramairgod84 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
  5. Cross-dressing Mayor in Oregon causes controversy
    By BdAsBrd01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •