Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

Question 1 chamber flowmaster?

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with the 1 chamber flowmasters? I was thinking about cutting my Lm 1 off and welding the 1 chamber flowmaster in with a cutout right after it. Kinda like a dump but still keeping the tailpipes. I just dont want to hurt the flow of the exhaust. Im getting tired of the sound of the Lm1. What do ya'll think? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hmmm, isn't the 1 chamber flowmaster a case style muffler? That really wouldn't fit too well where the LM1 muffler currently resides. That kinda tucks up between the floor pan and the driveshaft,,,,,don't believe the flowmaster would fit there,,,even the smaller cases would just cause fitment issues.

I believe your best option would be to purchase the LM2 muffler from SLP and simply slip the LM1 off and put the LM2 in it's place.

This Loud Mouth system is designed to acccept either LM1 or LM2 muffler and doesn't take long to switch.

What are you trying to accomplish? Trying to quiet the system down or you just want the sound of a flowmaster muffler?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

1 chamber flowmaster

I had the my local exhaust shop take a look at it and they said it would fit. Really my exhaust is straight pipes from the cats back. I did have the Lm1 on but took it off. I really like the sound of the 1 chamber flowmaster. Im not really trying to make the exhaust not as loud, just change the sound. I just dont want to hurt the flow of the exhaust too much. I was going to put the flowmaster on with a cutout right after it. Kinda like dumping the exhaust but keeping the tailpipes on. What do you think?

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Why would you?

Why would you want a cutout behind (down stream) of the muffler?
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by jakef777 View Post
    I had the my local exhaust shop take a look at it and they said it would fit. Really my exhaust is straight pipes from the cats back. I did have the Lm1 on but took it off. I really like the sound of the 1 chamber flowmaster. Im not really trying to make the exhaust not as loud, just change the sound. I just dont want to hurt the flow of the exhaust too much. I was going to put the flowmaster on with a cutout right after it. Kinda like dumping the exhaust but keeping the tailpipes on. What do you think?
    What do you mean "like the sound"? What car did you hear this on. I ask cause personally I think FMs sound pretty weak on LS1 cars. Nothing at all like a Stang or an LT1. Alot of guys think putting Flowmasters on an LS1 Fbod will make their car sound like a Stang or somethin, not at all.

I too am a fan of the Flowmaster mufflers, as I run them on 4 different cars of mine,,,,but don't have them on either of my 4th gens though.

A muffler I do like on the 4th gens that has awsome sound and good flow characteristics is a muffler you never hear mentioned much on this website,,,,,Spintech,,,,,great mufflers and they sound killer when attatched to the 4 inch mufflex system. The car will just sound down right angry.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I too am a fan of the Flowmaster mufflers, as I run them on 4 different cars of mine,,,,but don't have them on either of my 4th gens though.

A muffler I do like on the 4th gens that has awsome sound and good flow characteristics is a muffler you never hear mentioned much on this website,,,,,Spintech,,,,,great mufflers and they sound killer when attatched to the 4 inch mufflex system. The car will just sound down right angry.
    I do agree with Spintech.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans am WS6

Spintech???

I dont know that much about spintech. Will the muffler weld in where my loudmouth was? Where can I get this kind of muffler and whats the cost?

SOM
    1998 Z28-408 l92 stroker

i have spintechs dumped

heres a video that has my friends t/a with single chambers

we both have true duals tho

heres a few videos of my car with the spintechs

the first one is outside my storage unit so it echos, i'll have more in a few days before i put it away for the winter

Thread Information