joel.sloan@yahoo.com
    2002 camaro

02 SS cooling fans

I have owned my Camaro since 2003, the A/C compressor cracked 2 years ago because the fan wasn't turning on when the A/C was operational. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary after that except the fans would get annoyingly loud. Last week I overheated and none of the fans were running. Come to think of it, I haven't heard the fans in months. if my computer isn't functioning correctly will the SLP manual fan harness eliminate any option of my fans not working?

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

It really comes down to why the fans aren't working as to whether that will work. I would personally want to figure out what the problem is before I put that on because there may still be some underlying issue that may cause that SLP harness to not work as well. I'd start with checking the wiring harness to the fans themselves first to see if that is the issue. Then check the coolant temp sensor see if that is causing an issue as well that caused the fans to not come on and work from there.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Thread Information