~Exhaust Help~

This is a discussion on ~Exhaust Help~ within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok im looking for a good exhaust set up that DOES NOT sound raspy! i hate i was doing ...

~Exhaust Help~

Ok im looking for a good exhaust set up that DOES NOT sound raspy! i hate i was doing some research on and i like the magnaflow and hooker setups with NO cam...are these good exhaust set ups? Is there anything with more grumble? Also how do they sound with cams?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Bragg NC

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS is a good website for determining sounds but unless you hear it in person you really wont know. I have tried 4 different exhaust setups too find one i liked. If you go with lt's and ory stay away from a "shotgun" exhaust for example loudmouth. Its sounds good but is raspy. I dont think you will get much rasp out of a stock cam and a muffler. If you plan on camming the motor then i would go with magnaflow or something along those lines. Flowmaster sounds great but doesnt flow very well. I picked up a no name muffler called a flopro that sounded pretty good and was pretty cheap without any rasp.
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Onyx Black
    2001 SS

Hooker catback with longtubes and ory sounds the meanest in my opinion no rasp and sound just plain badass with a cam!

Thread Information