Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Would you buy a ZO6 that had been wrecked?

This is a discussion on Would you buy a ZO6 that had been wrecked? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yup, check if it has a salvage title, rebuilt title; for that price, I bet it has either or Check ...

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Yup, check if it has a salvage title, rebuilt title; for that price, I bet it has either or
    Check the front alignment system. Ask if he has any documentation of the car having been aligned
    Who paid for the repairs, him, insurance company?
    Tell him from the point of view as an investment you need to know those things before you commit your money. Drive it!
    2007 Audi RS 4

Satin Silver Metallic
    2007 Corvette Z06

If its got a clean title, and you can get under it (look at the frame rails under the bumper)

You can tell pretty quick how severe the damage was.

FWIW I bought mine and found out later it had been wrecked. I paid 15k for a 97. It drives straight and doesn't bother me at all. Not rattles. I know mine was front end because the frame rails and fender alignment.

17k for a Z is a heck of a deal for a clean title car that drives straight.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Yup, check if it has a salvage title, rebuilt title; for that price, I bet it has either or
    Check the front alignment system. Ask if he has any documentation of the car having been aligned
    Who paid for the repairs, him, insurance company?
    Tell him from the point of view as an investment you need to know those things before you commit your money. Drive it!
    He had his local "shop" ie. His buddy do the repairs who is a body man.

Im not going threw with it. I have a 2001 ZO6 with 46,000 miles im looking at. Went to the credit union today and filled out a loan for roughly 19 grand. The car is 23 grand.

It has a stage 4 RPM transmission and TPS Long tube headers on it. Also Black chrome wheels. Mod red. Car looks clean as hell. If I can get out of work early enough tomorrow without a boss bitching at me..... well, she's mine.

Screw a house... im 21, Im gonna be immature and irresponsible. I can sleep in a vette right? Ether way, I hope to have some pic's of my new ZO6 Very soon!

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    He had his local "shop" ie. His buddy do the repairs who is a body man.

Im not going threw with it. I have a 2001 ZO6 with 46,000 miles im looking at. Went to the credit union today and filled out a loan for roughly 19 grand. The car is 23 grand.

It has a stage 4 RPM transmission and TPS Long tube headers on it. Also Black chrome wheels. Mod red. Car looks clean as hell. If I can get out of work early enough tomorrow without a boss bitching at me..... well, she's mine.

Screw a house... im 21, Im gonna be immature and irresponsible. I can sleep in a vette right? Ether way, I hope to have some pic's of my new ZO6 Very soon!
    Right on man. Good luck with it, and if you do get it, have a lot of respect for the power those cars have...drive and enjoy!

Junior Member dougsandy127@comcast's Avatar

Red
    2001 & 2004 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    get an frc... way cheaper and if you want... no one will ever know you dont have a z06...

-me
    There is a 99 FRC with a bunch of mods on the Portland, OR Craigs List right now for $14K - Blown Motor. But, it's got headers, heads, cam, seats, CCWs, Coil overs, etc.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Every answer depends on that particular car and the extent of the damage. My SS got wrecked missed frame by like inches but all in all is repairablen nothing wrong with stering, side panels need replaceing, hood, front bumper, head lights, grill and a hole lotta of other shit. But I would never sell my car though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information