pewter
    99 vette

What do I need to make this crate work?

What else would I need to make this crate ls6 work in my C5? I see it has a Cadilac oil pan, I'm guessing it will need that switched with the one on my current ls1 and a pcm tune for starters? Also I think they are asking a fair price what is everyone's opinion?

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=148513

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Not a bad price for a LS6 but.....why a LS6?!

Its only got 55 more bhp than you right now. You can do so much more with the stock LS1 to get even better power numbers.

For a bit more you can stroke your LS1 and throw some H/C combo on there and put down 500 rwhp.

pewter
    99 vette

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    Not a bad price for a LS6 but.....why a LS6?!

Its only got 55 more bhp than you right now. You can do so much more with the stock LS1 to get even better power numbers.

For a bit more you can stroke your LS1 and throw some H/C combo on there and put down 500 rwhp.
    Your right, the reason I am doing it is because I am in Germany and getting stuff like that done is very very exspensive over here. My plan is to yank out the LS1 and drop in the LS6 so I can still drive it and its not down. In the mean time for fun I was going to tear down my LS1 and get some sweet heads and a nice cam for it and put it together peice by peice. Its also nice knowing I have a whole other set of extra parts etc. in case I need them. Now as far as what I will need to get it running besides switching over the oil pan and getting a tune? The tech guy I talked to on the phone was saying I will need to swtich over throttle bodies also? Anything else?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Have someone in the states build you an LS1 and have it shipped just like the LS6 would be shipped, unless someone over there has one in stock. But you could have a motor built broken in on a dyno and shipped to you ready to be dropped in. all you would have to do is get an extra pcm to be programed and dyno tuned with the new motor. Then sell your extra parts.

Thread Information