Thread: wet weather C5s

Primer
    1957 Chevrolet

wet weather C5s

Anybody drioving their c5 daily in the rain ?? Iam thinking C5 as DD in portland Ore.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mnfmkf View Post
    Anybody drioving their c5 daily in the rain ?? Iam thinking C5 as DD in portland Ore.
    lol shouldn't you just buy a cannoe :P j/k..i know some have..they say all season tires and when it rains..you'll be doing 15 under the limit ...or else you start hydroplaning and shit.

Mag Red I
    1999 Vette Coupe

My C5 is a daily driver in Florida.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Nope, but if I could only have one car and was in a snowless climate, I would use it as a DD.

black
    07 z06

i have an 01 coup with z06 rims and GY supercar tires [non runflat] canoe not even close surfboard but DO WHAT HE SAY DO WHAT HE SAY 15 mph below the limit and ya might live

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Your stock tires with tread should be fine. You must keep your foot off the gas.

Pewter
    1999 Corvette Coupe

We drove back to Pittsburgh from the C5/C6 Bash in Bowling Green in April of 2005. When we hit mid Ohio it was snowing so hard it built up on the hood and I had to stop to clean off the lights before I could open them. There were big rigs waiting it out and cars on their roofs in the ditch. We just kept a steady speed of about 40 mph on the Interstate and we came through just fine on Good Year run-flats.

Just be "cool" and you'll be fine in the rain or whatever. Now that was on I-70 which does not have many hills between Columbus and the "burg" but even so, "steady as she goes mate".

If I had a choice I would not go out in that kind of weather but when you have to get home.....you go.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yea if there are hills your pretty much screwed....but yea if you have a manual try to upshift as much as possible to keep it as far out of the power band as possible..i know thats really hard with the ls1...but when i used to drive my grand am gt durring storms i was slidding all over the place and got squirlly..and i was going 45 on I-75 so yea a corvette...just dont go over 40 period in the snow or your beatiful c5 will become aquanted with the ditch or worst, the rain isnt tooo bad but you guys are lighter and such..so yea 15-20 miles and steady..you dont want all 3xx getting to wheels or ..and if ice is involved ..just dont drive..take a bus
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Thread Information