Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Well what do you guys think of this Z06?

This is a discussion on Well what do you guys think of this Z06? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by KahanaReef Black is just too hard to keep clean. At least out this way anyhow. The best ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Black is just too hard to keep clean. At least out this way anyhow.
    The best thing that ever happened for my black car was me getting a home with a garage! That's a must have for a black car...

  2. #22
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    The best thing that ever happened for my black car was me getting a home with a garage! That's a must have for a black car...
    ha and even then it doesn't stay clean. I hated my black camaro for that reason
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  3. #23
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    The best thing that ever happened for my black car was me getting a home with a garage! That's a must have for a black car...
    True. But, parking it for even a few minutes on a windy day outside around here... it's covered in dust

    My Alfa is black. Love the look. Not so much what it took to keep it clean.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    True. But, parking it for even a few minutes on a windy day outside around here... it's covered in dust
    Here it's mostly ok for 10 months outta the year. But during pollen season, OH MY GOD... 10 minutes outside and it's yellow inside and out...

  5. #25
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Here it's mostly ok for 10 months outta the year. But during pollen season, OH MY GOD... 10 minutes outside and it's yellow inside and out...
    We actually had a pollen issue here this year. Something that hardly ever happens. My cars were covered for days.

    Generally, it's pretty dry out where I am. I live in the hills/canyon and it's sometimes windy. That means that dry dirt ends up on everything.

    No more black cars for me. At least until I move.

  6. #26
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I kind of agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I can change all that stuff I'm sure.

    If it's in good cosmetic shape (paint/interior) I can handle the rest...
    The headlights and tag thing up front are very minor issues, they could be fixed rather easily if everything else is in place for you.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    harrisburg pa.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    868

    black
    02 vette vert

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Good luck finding a white z06. Red, yellow, blue are all good color's-haven't seen one on a vette I didn't like yet.
    i believe speedway white was a 2001 one year only color on a z06.
    i'm in on the no go on the front end also. that may be a hot setup for good ram air flow, but all i see is a cartoon character with a big head and little bitty lips for a mouth.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    albany new york
    Posts
    12
    2009 zx6r

    beautiful car i love that color, i almost painted my ninja 636 that color

  9. #29
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    May as well delete this thread. I didn't get the job. I probably would of picked this thing up too

    The job market is much worse than Obama says. Omaha is supposed to have a low unemployment rate too compared to the rest of the country.

    I've submitted probably 30 job applications and been to many interviews, but it's hard to get the job when they interview 30 people and one might have more experience.

    I submitted an application to a job I didn't even really want at a warehouse and I couldn't even get that.

  10. #30
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    May as well delete this thread. I didn't get the job. I probably would of picked this thing up too

    The job market is much worse than Obama says. Omaha is supposed to have a low unemployment rate too compared to the rest of the country.

    I've submitted probably 30 job applications and been to many interviews, but it's hard to get the job when they interview 30 people and one might have more experience.

    I submitted an application to a job I didn't even really want at a warehouse and I couldn't even get that.
    keep your head up man.

  11. #31
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    I'm trying, but it's been over 2 months. When I was a kid, I'd apply at any place and get the job on the spot.

    What the hell....

  12. #32
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I'm trying, but it's been over 2 months. When I was a kid, I'd apply at any place and get the job on the spot.

    What the hell....
    tough times my friend...here in august i will be starting to apply for IT jobs...i hope that the market opens up a little before that.

  13. #33
    Member vette0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    117

    Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I'm trying, but it's been over 2 months. When I was a kid, I'd apply at any place and get the job on the spot.

    What the hell....
    It's called Outsourcing my friend
    After all the wars against communism

    What does the government do ?

    They Outsource our Jobs to Communist Red China lol

    Quit buying all that Chinese crap from Walmart, Home Depot, Harbor Freight

    Huge ports for chinese crap that you will buy over and over again year after year by nature of it's defective design

    Quit Driving Asian Cars

    Some Asian cars are Assembled here, The Profits $$$$$ GO back to Japan

    But why not buy all American and make America Rich $$$$$$$


    Spread the word

    Support America
    Last edited by vette0009; 05-20-2010 at 06:21 AM.

  14. #34
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post

    Quit Driving Asian Cars


    Spread the word

    Support America
    without yucking up this thread to much those Asian cars are made on U.S soil ..by U.S citizens with U.S materials ....thanks to nafta U.S companies can outsource a lot of things...including labor and parts.

  15. #35
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    It's hard to spend more money on quality things, when i don't have a job.

    Believe me, I understand what you are saying though.

  16. #36
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    It's hard to spend more money on quality things, when i don't have a job.

    Believe me, I understand what you are saying though.
    what is your skill set by the way or degree ?

  17. #37
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    It's called Outsourcing my friend
    After all the wars against communism

    What does the government do ?

    They Outsource our Jobs to Communist Red China lol

    Quit buying all that Chinese crap from Walmart, Home Depot, Harbor Freight

    Huge ports for chinese crap that you will buy over and over again year after year by nature of it's defective design

    Quit Driving Asian Cars

    Some Asian cars are Assembled here, The Profits $$$$$ GO back to Japan

    But why not buy all American and make America Rich $$$$$$$


    Spread the word

    Support America
    My thoughts exactly! It infuriates me when I see these “support America” stickers on foreign cars! Why don’t you start by buying an American car jack ass! Sorry this is a lil off topic from the Z06 story…

  18. #38
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    My thoughts exactly! It infuriates me when I see these “support America” stickers on foreign cars! Why don’t you start by buying an American car jack ass! Sorry this is a lil off topic from the Z06 story…

  19. #39
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    what is your skill set by the way or degree ?
    4 years in the USAF with Top Secret SCI clearance.

    22 civilian credit hours in general studies.

    70+ USAF credit hours in Avionics systems etc.

    Integrated Avionics Systems Apprentice was my job.

    and i can't find shit....it's been over 2 months now.

    I can get interviews but I get denied every time because I am not experienced in that field.

  20. #40
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    4 years in the USAF with Top Secret SCI clearance.

    22 civilian credit hours in general studies.

    70+ USAF credit hours in Avionics systems etc.

    Integrated Avionics Systems Apprentice was my job.

    and i can't find shit....it's been over 2 months now.

    I can get interviews but I get denied every time because I am not experienced in that field.
    damn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 Guys are on Defense Mustang Guys on Offense
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
  2. to my nos guys
    By theslow00 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. What do you think guys?
    By JohnsSS in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
  4. Hey guys
    By sabredog in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. Young Guys Step In (Old Guys Can Too)
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •