weak c6???

This is a discussion on weak c6??? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok guys i've been reading on viperalley and alot of people are agreeing with this statement Why is there so ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

weak c6???

ok guys i've been reading on viperalley and alot of people are agreeing with this statement

Why is there so little meat between the cylinders? Why do the rears blow up on the Z06? The reason is because they designed everything to be light. The fact that the 427 is a small block was done for weight savings. If Chevrolet had built a big block with a stronger drivetrain, then the Viper would have an equal or worse. They chose to go as lightweight as possible, which helps the performance, bone stock. It also limits the potential.
    &
    I was under the impression that the Vette's frame was unable to deal with extreme torque loading without flex-- hence the reason most Lingenfelter monsters have been based on the standard C6?

could someone please reassure me that it isn't true..so i can sleep well
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

the cylinder spacing is due to lots of bore in a small block. nothing more.
    i have heard of no problem with blown rears.
    and LPE uses base C6's because there are cheaper. and they are changing everything anyway. no need for a Z06..... with 700-1000hp. there would be no diff.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

thank god.....those dodge boys just get me so worked up pussies

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ok guys i've been reading on viperalley and alot of people are agreeing with this statement

Why is there so little meat between the cylinders? Why do the rears blow up on the Z06? The reason is because they designed everything to be light. The fact that the 427 is a small block was done for weight savings. If Chevrolet had built a big block with a stronger drivetrain, then the Viper would have an equal or worse. They chose to go as lightweight as possible, which helps the performance, bone stock. It also limits the potential.
    &
    I was under the impression that the Vette's frame was unable to deal with extreme torque loading without flex-- hence the reason most Lingenfelter monsters have been based on the standard C6?

could someone please reassure me that it isn't true..so i can sleep well
    They talk a lot of smack on Viper Alley. I just smoked two of them claiming 750 and 800 RWHP, respectively with my '00 LS2 402, D-1 making 650 RWHP. We cut the HP back from 780 for the street. All around the vette is the best for the buck!!!

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by emuffinman1 View Post
    They talk a lot of smack on Viper Alley. I just smoked two of them claiming 750 and 800 RWHP, respectively with my '00 LS2 402, D-1 making 650 RWHP. We cut the HP back from 780 for the street. All around the vette is the best for the buck!!!
    I want to see some pics of that beast.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by emuffinman1 View Post
    They do talk alot of smack on Viper Alley, if it doesn't have an $80k price tag, they hate it. If it can keep up with or beat them, they hate it more.

Basically if you don't own a viper, they hate you.

It is really funny to read and watch the threads though.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

The viper guys have a real complex cause they spend a lot of money and they have high dyno numbers. the viper is becoming the domestic "supra" if you will. lots of em dyno queens. i highly doubt most of these guys can really drive their cars hard without crashing. as far as them talking about the strength of the new z06 they knock the car cause it basically dethroned the srt10 in every measurable form of performance. the new z06 is a brand new car and isnt a proven design yet. give it time. also with the bore in the new 427 i dont know that its weak but the walls are definitely gonna be thinner do to the 4.125 bore. blow up rears? havent heard of any. if there are any im willing to bet that it happened with a non car guy with lots of money not knowing that when you wheel hop your supposed to back out of the throttle or risk breaking parts.

silver

I put a Viper right there with a Porsche or (poor $hit) as I like to call it, don’t get me wrong the real Porsche like the GT and the turbo ones are nice cars "real Porsche" but the Boxter … come on can we say poor mans Posch I was so disappointed when I drove my friends and I beet up on them all day on the street. The Vipers are a little harder, but if you know how to drive and shift, and have a little something under the hood you can beet them. Even with a supercharger the cost is way way less than a Viper. So when I see one I just smile and laugh and say “you paid too much” then again I would have one if they weren’t 100K after your all don’t making it your own as most of us do with cars, but I would still have my bad@$$ vette as my driver and play car, i think the Viper would just be there to say i have one

Thread Information