Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thinking of picking up a C4, advice?

This is a discussion on Thinking of picking up a C4, advice? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Put in the reality of the situation those lt1's in the vette can pull pretty hard still. I think they ...

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Put in the reality of the situation those lt1's in the vette can pull pretty hard still.

I think they are ugly and have been in them I would pass save your money. They have the fucking step design you guys should know what I am talking about!

Navy Metallic Blue
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    Put in the reality of the situation those lt1's in the vette can pull pretty hard still.

I think they are ugly and have been in them I would pass save your money. They have the fucking step design you guys should know what I am talking about!
    Some do look very dated but I've seen some that I would take in a minute. Here's a few:

Navy Metallic Blue
    2001 Corvette Coupe

I;d give my left nut for any of these. I'd give both nuts for the last one!

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

I would give a nut if it had an LT5 in it.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    As a Corvette owner, I have never heard anyone who actually owns a C4, share your opinion. There are quite a few solid C4's out there. You should make a visit to Corvettes at Carlisle. You will see a strong C4 following.
    I hear you, I have had two and they are not the best car ever made they are far from being a POS.

What are these ghetto treatments? people running 24's blingin with a "nice" exhaust and some subs?

And the owner got the bondo on lock down.
    Did he stop moving? yea hiz rimz are spinning

lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

we all have our favorites.

For me I favor these Vettes: C1, C2, some C3, ZR1 C4, some C5's and all of the C6's.

All are still to high for me to own. I have one (04) down the block from me for 19k. Me thinks something is wrong with it for that price?

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

my dad has a 94 6 speed and it has some good bottom end but looses it up top. I enjoy driving it when he lets me. And oh yea we had to change the opti spark, it sucked

81 El Camino

I love my 96 LT4 convertible Corvette. I bough it new in Dec 95. It has been a very good car. And it still has the original opti spark with over 100,000 miles on it. The 91 and up C4 have the easiest to read instruments of any car I have ever driven. And I still think they or a better looking car than the C5 or the C6. And the 97 LS1 engine did have some problems.

Navy Metallic Blue
    2001 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret Lady View Post
    ...And I still think they or a better looking car than the C5 or the C6. And the 97 LS1 engine did have some problems.
    I'll have to beg to differ with that! My C5 ain't no slouch in the looks department, even with 126,000 miles on the odometer. I drive the hell out of it and it still looks new.

Ray Charles blue

I would give a nut if it had an LT5 in it.
    They are reasonable. My dad is going to bid on a 91 Polo green one at Carlisle next weekend.

Friend had one and after it burnt up in a garage fire he picked up an 02 Z06.

Step design? Never heard it called that.......lol Most people just say "That f'ing frame!" haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret Lady View Post
    I love my 96 LT4 convertible Corvette. I bough it new in Dec 95. It has been a very good car. And it still has the original opti spark with over 100,000 miles on it. The 91 and up C4 have the easiest to read instruments of any car I have ever driven. And I still think they or a better looking car than the C5 or the C6. And the 97 LS1 engine did have some problems.
    LT4s can be quite a match for an LS1 cars. Early ones were noted to have 360-380 hp. There is an article showing an LT1 6-speed vs LT4 6-speed. With tire pressure adjustments the LT1 clicked a 13.5 vs the LT4s 13 flat. Not bad.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I like the look of the later C4's, the '91-'96's, especially the GS and the special edition '96 that came with the LT4.

I saw a stock GS run a sub 13 sec 1/4 mile back in '00 when it was still fairly new, so they're no slouches.

I was looking to buy a C4 before I bought my Formula. I test drove 1, it was a 92 or 93. It was an auto that was white with a red interior (I LOVED that combo, reminded me of the original 53's that only came that way).

Now maybe it was just this particular car, but I made it about 2 blocks o nthe test drive before deciding I didn't like it. I couldn't believe how hard it rode, and how EVERYTHING seemed to rattle!

I also liked the look of the interior once I was in it, but getting in wasn't the most gracefull thing, I never realized how wide the door sills were.

I thought the LT1 pulled will, even with the auto (I think stock A4 gearing was like 2.56 or something like that) it seemed very quick and torquey off the line, more so than an LS1. But that's the LT1 advantage IMO, better low end, and a much better sound.

Anyway, that car killed my desire for a C4, and since I couldn't afford a C5 at the time, I decided to go back to an F-Body.

I still think the later C4's are nice looking cars though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information