Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Someone with experience of both models.......

This is a discussion on Someone with experience of both models....... within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by dklowrider one thing to add, i love the frc look, absolutely the baddest in my book. i ...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    one thing to add, i love the frc look, absolutely the baddest in my book. i went with a vert which has the same look with the top up. if i get tired of the drop top i'm definately getting a frc, probably a z06 mostly because there seems to be a better selection of them for sale at any given time. and of course the added performance wouldn't hurt.
    Have no real opinion as I have never driven the C5, but just wanted to agree with the FRC. Its the best look on the CR's for sure.

C6 drove real nice though, Non ZO6, Manual, Vert.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I would like to know the significant differences/advantages of a C5 versus a C6. Obviously the C6 has the LS2/3, but I am talking other things like interior/comfort/gadgets etc.

Is there that much difference between a C5 and C6 other than the improved motors?

Really not interested in what you can read or second hand info, I would like to hear first hand experience from someone that has owned or been around both models.
    I myself have never driven a c5 but i have rode in a 2001 Z06. I would say that the interior is an improvement in the c6 over the c5 but people always complain that it is not up to par. I have the 3lz option on mine 08 Z and love it to death. I would say it is an improvment over the c5 atleast in the styling department. Personally if i were you i would wait the extra year and get the C6z. I see numerous post over on corvette forum of people making the switch and not regreting it and wishing they did it in the first place. I do love the pics of the two cars that you posted they are very nice. Either way you look at it you cant go wrong with either move.

C5 interior

c6 interior

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Has your buddy modded his any, lowered it, or is it stock Orion?
    yeah, it's heads,cammed, and stalled. It's lowered using the factory bolts. It looks identical to that silver one up there except it's a coupe.

I just went and looked at the silver z up there....his isn't slammed quite that much. I have some pics of it somewhere on a disk. If I can find them I'll post them up. It looks sharp and runs well but to me it's just uncomfortable to ride in but I'm a bigger fella.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Have no real opinion as I have never driven the C5, but just wanted to agree with the FRC. Its the best look on the CR's for sure.

C6 drove real nice though, Non ZO6, Manual, Vert.
    I like all the roof options, but I would prefer a FRC and my next performance car will be manual, I already have an auto, there is no flex on that one. Manual is MUST.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, it's heads,cammed, and stalled. It's lowered using the factory bolts. It looks identical to that silver one up there except it's a coupe.

I just went and looked at the silver z up there....his isn't slammed quite that much. I have some pics of it somewhere on a disk. If I can find them I'll post them up. It looks sharp and runs well but to me it's just uncomfortable to ride in but I'm a bigger fella.
    I would definitely like to see pics of it if you find them

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I myself have never driven a c5 but i have rode in a 2001 Z06. I would say that the interior is an improvement in the c6 over the c5 but people always complain that it is not up to par. I have the 3lz option on mine 08 Z and love it to death. I would say it is an improvment over the c5 atleast in the styling department. Personally if i were you i would wait the extra year and get the C6z. I see numerous post over on corvette forum of people making the switch and not regreting it and wishing they did it in the first place. I do love the pics of the two cars that you posted they are very nice. Either way you look at it you cant go wrong with either move.

C5 interior
    Click for full size

c6 interior
    Click for full size
    Is your C6Z your primary vehicle? What I am getting at, is would a C6Z make a good daily/primary vehicle? I have other vehicles but was intending on making a C5/6 my primary vehicle other than bad weather times. If C6Zs make a solid daily vehicle, I might lean more towards waiting an extra year or so to get one.

2011 Prius

Is your C6Z your primary vehicle? What I am getting at, is would a C6Z make a good daily/primary vehicle? I have other vehicles but was intending on making a C5/6 my primary vehicle other than bad weather times. If C6Zs make a solid daily vehicle, I might lean more towards waiting an extra year or so to get one.
    No, I think he drives a Caviler Daily, I know girl who drives a C6z daily when it's not raining, she loves it.

black
    02 vette vert

These 2 photos have always made me love the C5s

Click for full size

Click for full size
    is it the wheels? be honest.

Red
    2001 WS6

I dont dd but i heard of people who do. Reason being is winter weather other than that i prolly would. I really like that silver z that is NICE!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    is it the wheels? be honest.
    No, its not just the wheels.

Whatever I do end up doing, those wheels may end up on it, but I don't know if it would bug me having the same wheels on 2 different cars. Thats a long ways off though, but again, its not just the wheels. Corvette has been something I have dreamed of owning since I was about 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I dont dd but i heard of people who do. Reason being is winter weather other than that i prolly would. I really like that silver z that is NICE!
    Winter is not something I would drive a Vette or my Camaro in, ditto on rain. Thats why I have my daily beater POS. As far as spring/summer though, it would probably be ok to drive the majority of the time is what I gather you are saying though.

black
    02 vette vert

[QUOTE=Y2KPewterSS;2226453]No, its not just the wheels.

Whatever I do end up doing, those wheels may end up on it, but I don't know if it would bug me having the same wheels on 2 different cars. Thats a long ways off though, but again, its not just the wheels. Corvette has been something I have dreamed of owning since I was about 5 years old.

those wheels look great on either car though.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

These 2 photos have always made me love the C5s

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Both are absolutely stunning !!!

Humm, DD ... Probably not for either car. You have to watch for too many steep driveways. Good to have a commuter car.

They will take on steep driveways without crushing your frontend when your in a hurry to get out of the way of the idiots that seem
    to come out of nowhere when your turning in to a parking lot. jmho
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 02-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.

murdered out 06 z06

i would never daily drive my z06. i hope this helps

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    i would never daily drive my z06. i hope this helps
    Why would you not? I understand why not in the rain/snow/elements, but why not during spring/summer/fall?

murdered out 06 z06

the wear and tear on the car overall of daily abuse would kill me. i drove my ws6 everyday for 4 years and the front end was wasted with rock chips among other little things. tires are pretty expensive on this vette too and i would be going through a lot of sets. you can buy the cheap non run flat tires but if you get a flat your screwed. i didnt even consider buying my first vette until i had a beater car locked in place. i didnt really mind imperfections on my fbodies but i guess ive become real picky with my vette.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    the wear and tear on the car overall of daily abuse would kill me. i drove my ws6 everyday for 4 years and the front end was wasted with rock chips among other little things. tires are pretty expensive on this vette too and i would be going through a lot of sets. you can buy the cheap non run flat tires but if you get a flat your screwed. i didnt even consider buying my first vette until i had a beater car locked in place. i didnt really mind imperfections on my fbodies but i guess ive become real picky with my vette.
    That sounds just like my Camaro now, wheels/tires too pricey to eff up among lots of other high maint. issues. I already have one beater though. Just ballpark wise, what does a set of the 4 run flats run?

Good info to chew on too, thanks.

murdered out 06 z06

the stock tires are around 400 a piece but i picked up two for 260 each on clearance from tire rack. people said they do that kind of sale once or twice a year.

black
    02 vette vert

just a point to ponder: did [or will] you [anyone] buy it to drive an awesome car, or did you buy it to look good sittin' in the garage with it's flawless paint and no chance of having to spend money on maintenance items like tires? hell, if you let it sit enough you don't even have to buy any of that expensive synthetic oil.
    seriously, if you find a nearly perfect low mileage c-5, it means someone spent a lot of money and maybe enjoyed the ownership, but not the car. if you buy it and do the same thing, you will sell it someday, and maybe somewhere in that poor car's life someone will buy it and enjoy it for what it was designed and built for.
    some of them have to be garage queens though or there won't be any perfect specimens around when they're old.
    back when people put those god-awfull clear plastic seat covers on new cars to preserve them, my dad said "why do i want to sit on plastic just so the next guy can have nice seats?"

Red
    2001 WS6

I must agree i dont dd my car but i sure do rack up the miles in the summer time. Its a car and its ment to be driven. It wont matter how many miles it did or didnt have when im dead and plus no one will see it sitting in the garage.

Royal Black
    Corvette 1998

will .... the C5 rocks
    its a very good looking Sport Car and with a some of wheels changing it can be outstanding ...... etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information