Torch Red
    '03 Corvette Coupe

An Open Invitation to all Corvette Drivers...Sept. 3rdat LACR

My name is Dave Dowdell, and I am the coordinator for the West Coast Corvette Challenge (WCCC) drag racing. I would like to invite all Corvette drivers to participate in our drag racing series. To find out more about the WCCC, please visit our web site at http://corvette-challenge.com

Our next Corvette-Only event will take place at Los Angeles county Raceway (LACR) on Saturday Sept. 3rd. Gate opens at 7:30 AM.

The West Coast Corvette Challenge represents one of the newest endeavors to promote the love of Corvettes and drag racing on the West Coast. There is an ever-growing number of us who own Corvettes of all years and models, and in various configurations from "bone to blown. For the West Coast Corvette Challenge inaugural year of 2002 we ran five events. In 2003 and 2004 we scheduled 10 events. We constantly update news about our events on our homepage: The Latest WCCC News!

Our ideas about WCCC events reflect our varying needs. Some of us have little or no experience drag racing and so we thought to create a series of events for Corvette drivers to get out and see what their cars were MADE TO DO. Some of us have a bit of racing experience and want to learn more about modifying our cars to gain lower e.t.'s, more m.p.h., and quicken our 60' times as well as our reaction times. And still others are more experienced racers who, like most of us when we were 16 years old, just wanted to be the quickest and fastest guy in the world's coolest production sports car ever made!

Each West Coast Corvette Challenge event is a drag race. We have some basic common sense rules that each driver must agree to comply with, all posted at our WCCC web site. At each event drivers have the opportunity to earn awards as well. Trophies are awarded to all first round elimination winners, as well as best reaction time of the first round, and closest to dial in for the first round. Semi-finalists receive gift certificates from either Vette Magazine or Simpson Racing. The overall event winner and runner up recieve both trophies and gift certificates from A & A Corvette Performance.

Note: At the end of each racing season we will donate a significant portion of our net proceeds to a charitable organization. In our inaugural year we donated to the UFA Widows and Children's Scholarship Fund of the New York Fire Department. In 2003 we have designated the South Bay Police and Firefighter Memorial Fund as the focus of our efforts.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope to see many of you at the track.

-dave
    2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007 West Coast Corvette Challenge Coordinator

2003 & 2005 WCCC Champion

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    West Coast Corvette Challenge: http://www.corvette-challenge.com

Torch Red
    '03 Corvette Coupe

Any Corvette drag racers out there??

I hope some of you can come out and join us on Sept 3rd at LACR.

Torch Red
    '03 Corvette Coupe

***September WCCC Event Time Changes *** 2pm LACR Gate Open
    Sorry about the error everyone...

I found out last night that LACR remains on their summer schedule through September.

That means that the September 3rd and September 17th WCCC event at LACR will have a gate open time of 2:00PM and a time trial start time of approximately 4:00PM.

Sorry about any inconvenience that this has caused anyone.
    I hope to see you at LACR on Sept 3rd and Sept 14th.

-dave

Thread Information