Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thumbs down not impressed with a c6

I was in vegas and got to test drive a stock c6 on GM's "drive experience" road course. http://www.thedrivevegas.com/

I wasn't really impressed at all now, granted the guy riding with me wouldn't let me go over 45, nor shift beyond 2nd...but I remember when i test drove an ls2 gto, that thing was so torque-y down low, and it got nasty as hell from first to 2nd! The vette just didn't seem to have that "OMG, PLEASE SLOW DOWN!" feeling that i expected.

Can it be possible that for this road course, they down tuned them? Really, i'm just unimpressed at it...i feel like my ws.6 would have raped the c6!

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

black
    1999 trans am

i drove those cars two they are kinda sluggish i though. did you drive the supercharged caddy it kick ass. they let me beat the cars as hard as i wanted even launched the vett from 2 grand (damn trac control)

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I was in vegas and got to test drive a stock c6 on GM's "drive experience" road course. http://www.thedrivevegas.com/

I wasn't really impressed at all now, granted the guy riding with me wouldn't let me go over 45, nor shift beyond 2nd...but I remember when i test drove an ls2 gto, that thing was so torque-y down low, and it got nasty as hell from first to 2nd! The vette just didn't seem to have that "OMG, PLEASE SLOW DOWN!" feeling that i expected.

Can it be possible that for this road course, they down tuned them? Really, i'm just unimpressed at it...i feel like my ws.6 would have raped the c6!
    i bet they could have tuned them down or tuned the tcs to be more intrusive.

in 2005, I drove it too, I was at the GM's car show here in Grandprairie TX, at the Lone Star park.. ok, I got the same exact experience as stated above.
    the GTO, after the guy said "be careful, and then go".. I took the first corner kindda slow, then I opened throttle on it and wow. I was hooked. I almost wanted to buy one, but the weight iz disgusting.
    the C6 I was so not impressed. I mean I had to be accompanied by a representative, uhh, and the guy wouldn't shut up, like he kept asking me questions and my mind was on flooring that car. finally on my last stretch I sort of floored it, and I felt nothing much. I thought it was mediocre..
    The SSR was better as a drive than the C6, and that is a freaking truck. ... next year when they come to Dallas again I will save the C6 ride for last, and floor it, I know I will get kicked out, but hey just wanna make sure again I'm not dreaming.. they just don't have the punch. perhaps 3rd gear 4-5k rpm maybe. it's sad..
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-18-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The 05 C6 Z51 I drove rocked. I didn't have a sales guy with me so I drove it pretty hard. I had it out for about 2 hours or so. I know the Z51 has a better tranny and suspension than the base so that may be the difference. I deffinitly know it's faster than my T/A.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The 05 C6 Z51 I drove rocked. I didn't have a sales guy with me so I drove it pretty hard. I had it out for about 2 hours or so. I know the Z51 has a better tranny and suspension than the base so that may be the difference. I deffinitly know it's faster than my T/A.
    I drove a C6 auto vert, that thing was disgusting...I mean that in a good way. I had to check my pants afterwards fot stains i had such a boner! it was fast, had plenty of torque down low...launches like a SOB...but I got to drive it like I stole it...

ahhh, there u go, I don't think I did more than 4k rpm, still in 2nd gear probably. uhhh.. maybe I should go to a dealer and take it for a spin for a few mins, then thank him and get outta there,

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My few mins turned into a couple of hours I liked it so much! I took it back when the tank was empty!

hmmm, I wonder if I can rent one for a day? it would be like 200-300 bucks but worth it, but who rents one out?

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    ahhh, there u go, I don't think I did more than 4k rpm, still in 2nd gear probably. uhhh.. maybe I should go to a dealer and take it for a spin for a few mins, then thank him and get outta there,
    lol hell yeah...you guys' experience just proves how docile a 400hp beast can be in everyday driving, unlike the old 400hp Viper (drove that and the 03 500hp ones...OMFG, lol) which is like trying to hold back a bull at a rodeo
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

murdered out 06 z06

TQ MANAGEMENT makes them feel slow /sluggish

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

hmmm, I wonder if I can rent one for a day? it would be like 200-300 bucks but worth it, but who rents one out?
    I work in rental car.. there are a few luxury car rental places that rent out vettes, vipers, ferraris ect.

Just for the C6 Vert they have there it is $650/day plus a $3000 deposit and they require that you purchase their insurance (Another 100 dollars). That and you gotta be over 25 and if you're a local resident, they do a background check, run your credit, and look for any tickets in the past 3 years.

I got all the requirements but the cash is too much ;(
    I might just buy a c5 z06.. in a year or so, with low miles on it.. hell I'll go to a dealer and pretend i wanna buy a c6 and see wassup or the show next year..

Charleston, SC, but originally from Gainesville, FL

SILVER
    2002 Z28

I drove my buddies 2005 Z51 a couple of times and maybe you should go drive one without someone telling what you can and cannot do. That Z51 equipped car pulled very nice and was kick-a$ in all TQ ranges.

Try it again.

Z51 has upgraded suspension and tranny.. will look into driving one of those..

torch red
    2000 coupe

Yea, when you get on them they GO, I detailed one 2 years ago and he said take it for a ride and have fun,I was doing about 30-35 MPH when I put it to the floor and the passing gear kicked in (auto),it scared the sheet out my wife,and at the time she was driving a 6 speed LS1 Trans Am, so she had some idea of what some power was, they do get up and go, Ozzie

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

So you were unimpressed with a car you couldn't take out of 2nd gear or drive over 45mph?

LMFAO, oooook then.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    So you were unimpressed with a car you couldn't take out of 2nd gear or drive over 45mph?

LMFAO, oooook then.
    I took off from standstill to about 50, it was ok.. I can't speak too much about the whole experience since I really did not punch it too hard.
    I will one day, I'm sure they are cool 400lb-ft is enough torque,,

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

There's a guy on LS1 tech that has a '06 with the 5-speed auto and he ran a 12.4x stock.

Pretty damn impressive. Being a LS1 owner you know that those motors shine up top.

I'd say if you could beat the shit out of one with no one around it'd probably change your opinion

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

I rented an '05 M6 Z51 in Vegas for a day for $400 after it was all said and done, and that included going 80 miles over the 100 mile limit. It felt a little slower in the 1/8th than my modded SS, but quicker than a stock F-body. And anything beyond the 1/4 was amazing. I got it up to 150 and was very impressed at how easy it was to drive at that speed and how fast it got up there. Handling and braking were in a league above the F-body. I only wish it had stickier tires. Overall I was impressed.

Thread Information