Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Nitrous Installs

Hey guys, I'm looking to install a N2O kit on my 02 C5 and I'm looking for some trick install pics. I wanna hide as much of the system as possible so any good pics would be awesome. I'm looking to mount my bottle in the rear hatch compartment and then run my solenoids under the beauty covers somehow and then run my nozzle under my smooth bellow. Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds but some pics will help to see how you guys did yours..Thanks..

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I pretty much hid everything but the noids on mine just because I thought they were to bad ass to hide lol. Its in my TA but it will start to give you some idea I hope. My kit is the NX wet shot with all the safety stuff, bottle heater, purge, window switch, remote bottle opener, set at 100 shot right now but here are some pics of it.....

First is my swithch pannal, everything it fly by your seat, no need to do anything but flip a few switches. As for what the switches are, left red switch is the bottle heater, right red button is the purge, left yellow is nothing, blue right switch is the activation switch.

For the bottle opener I cut a small hole in a place where I could feed the wires to and it was simple to get to. I have seen a lot of people stick this in the glove box or center concle if you want to hide it or just open the bottle by hand and forget about it. But it is nice to have.

I put my bottle in the back in the spare tire compartment, there is a perfect place in your Vett in the back that was ment for a bottle. Im sure you have already found the perfect spot for it by now hopefully.

Some engine shots. Not as hidden as I bet you are looking for but you are just going to have to sit down and map out where you want to put everything.

Window switch

We made two brackets for the noids and bolted them down to the air box platfoarm I guess you could call it.

The purge we made a bracket for that and put that in a spot that most people never notice.

Then I went with a N20 gauge and Fule pressure gauge as well.

Hope this helped, overall just order the kit, sit down and make a game plan on where you want, or can put everything. Good luck and it is very worth it in the end!!!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Also buy alot of black loom so you can cover up all of the wires. I took theese pics right after the install but have loomed up pretty much everything making it look like nothing. Oh and also bought a battery bracket and ditched the bungy on the battery lol.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

98T/Aformula. Great pics. Is a purge kit really necessary with the kit or is it something that people want? I for sure am going with the window switch because I'm hoping to activate it between 2nd and 3rd gear so that I won't blow the tires of the car during a run. I hope to be able to hide my solenoids and wiring under my beauty covers but like you said "Make a game plan first". I appreciate the pics and it gives me some ideas..
    Thanks. I'll post some pics as I start to mount the system for everybody to see.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I wouldnt say a purge is a "must have" but when you open up your bottle there is going to be between 500 to 1200+ psi on your solenoids at all time. What dose that mean? Well your solenoids are going to shit the sheets pretty much a lot faster unless you bleed the N20 out of your lines after every use by hand. As for purging before use is also a good idea because there will be quite a bit of oxygen in the lines as well meaning when you spray it in your engine you wont be getting 100% nitrous right away. Overall I recomend getting a purge. The guy who helped me hook up my system just purges into the engine compartment, no show all go!

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Well said..I will definatly be getting one installed myself then..What pills did you use for your window switch. I was thinking 4000 and 6000.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Right now I have in 3200 and 6000 which is still pretty tame I would suggest just buying a pack of a bunch of different pills and playing with what works best or what your tires will hold lol.

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking to install a N2O kit on my 02 C5 and I'm looking for some trick install pics. I wanna hide as much of the system as possible so any good pics would be awesome. I'm looking to mount my bottle in the rear hatch compartment and then run my solenoids under the beauty covers somehow and then run my nozzle under my smooth bellow. Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds but some pics will help to see how you guys did yours..Thanks..
    we installed the nitrous on our vette. We still have a small button on our center piece by the shifter. I will post some pics a little later. Of course, we werent trying to hide the nitrous, but you might be able to do some of the same things

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

98T/Aformula, Where does your nitrous activate in comparison to your shifts. Is it in 2nd or 3rd?

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Smurfvette, Yeah I would love to see some of your pics since you have the C5. I'm trying to mount the bottle in the rear hatch compartment but it's not very big for the bottle unless you mount it on the rear wall of the compartment. I tried to mount the bottle to a 1/4" board but then the hatch board doesn't close but I'll wait to see what ya'll did. Thanks.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

98T/Aformula, Where does your nitrous activate in comparison to your shifts. Is it in 2nd or 3rd?
    Pretty much from a dig it kicks on in the middle/ end of first. I have Nitto trip five DRs on the back and they hold it fine.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Sounds good..I might try a 4200 pill to see if I can get it to kick in as I get into 2nd gear because I will be on regular street tires. (Kuhmo's)

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Smurfvette, Yeah I would love to see some of your pics since you have the C5. I'm trying to mount the bottle in the rear hatch compartment but it's not very big for the bottle unless you mount it on the rear wall of the compartment. I tried to mount the bottle to a 1/4" board but then the hatch board doesn't close but I'll wait to see what ya'll did. Thanks.
    well its a C6, but the bottle isn't mounted where you are trying to mount yours. The bottle we have is mounted right in the trunk when you open it. I have some pics to post up in about 30-1hour. If you want to look at the bottle mount in the back go look at the web site, and click on the nitrous section and you will see the bottle mounted in the back. I will post up the other few pics I have in a little while. They are of the interior/under the hood and show you the nitrous switch. It is a window switch.

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Here are the pics for ya. Sorry I didn't post them yesterday.

A close up of the buttons

Under the hood.

Under the hood close up

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

A few more.
    Under the hood close up on the driver side

under the hood close up on the passenger side

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Marissa..Very clean install indeed! Thanks so much for the pics.

Thread Information