Black/Tan
    '97 Miata

New here...kinda

Hey guys, I've got a new account, as I couldn't remember my old Account name. I used to be active here when I had my '98 T/A. I sold it in 2001, and have been driving and modifying Miata's ever since. I've had two and turbo'd both. I'm currently driving a '97 Turbo Miata. It's faster than my T/A, and corners better as well.

But I find myself wanting to find a Vette again. I say again, because at various parts of my life I've found myself lusting for a vette. I expect to soon be in a position to purchase one, and am starting to educate myself on them.

I don't want to buy new as I'm not looking to spend that kind of cash. However, I'm thinking about either an 04 Z06, 04 Vert, or possibly an 05 Vert. So my dilemma is what is not knowing exactly what I want. I like to AutoX on occasion, and I don't want to modify the Vette much. I want to keep it simple, and want to run in stock class. However, I really have gotten spoiled with driving convertibles for many years now, and I really like the looks of the Corvette Verts.

On the other hand, the Z06 obviously has the extra performance features that make it really appealing, but for daily driving I'm thinking I'll miss the open sky.

I'm leaning toward the Vert, and giving up the extra umph the Z06 offers. So my next delima is C5 or C6. My personal desire for Hide-away headlights is high, and in many ways I like prefer the C5, but the C6 offers some nice refinement the C5 is lacking.

So there you have it. Hi my name is Duane, and I'm addicted to Corvettes even though I've never had one.

Is there a forum that you guys goto that is specific to the later gen Vetts?

Duane

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Duane View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a new account, as I couldn't remember my old Account name. I used to be active here when I had my '98 T/A. I sold it in 2001, and have been driving and modifying Miata's ever since. I've had two and turbo'd both. I'm currently driving a '97 Turbo Miata. It's faster than my T/A, and corners better as well.

But I find myself wanting to find a Vette again. I say again, because at various parts of my life I've found myself lusting for a vette. I expect to soon be in a position to purchase one, and am starting to educate myself on them.

I don't want to buy new as I'm not looking to spend that kind of cash. However, I'm thinking about either an 04 Z06, 04 Vert, or possibly an 05 Vert. So my dilemma is what is not knowing exactly what I want. I like to AutoX on occasion, and I don't want to modify the Vette much. I want to keep it simple, and want to run in stock class. However, I really have gotten spoiled with driving convertibles for many years now, and I really like the looks of the Corvette Verts.

On the other hand, the Z06 obviously has the extra performance features that make it really appealing, but for daily driving I'm thinking I'll miss the open sky.

I'm leaning toward the Vert, and giving up the extra umph the Z06 offers. So my next delima is C5 or C6. My personal desire for Hide-away headlights is high, and in many ways I like prefer the C5, but the C6 offers some nice refinement the C5 is lacking.

So there you have it. Hi my name is Duane, and I'm addicted to Corvettes even though I've never had one.

Is there a forum that you guys goto that is specific to the later gen Vetts?

Duane
    If you're looking to get into something and you don't want to mod, it's a pretty simple choice in my opinion, the 04 Z06 is going to be your best bet without a doubt. I just test drove a completely stock 04 Z and I can't stop thinking about the day I can own one of those beast's they're absolutely the best performing muscle cars i've ever drove or road in, with exception to a once in a life time ride in a brand new lambo marcialago. go with the Z eventhough you won't be dissappointed in your choice of any newer vette's.
    Plus a nice 4.3sec 0-60 time and low 12's in the quarter are pretty nice, considering you can get about 26-28 mpg's on the highway too!

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Just go with a c5! If your looking to modify, well we all know Vettes are not cheap! I find it funny when people buy a vehicle, but looking to do mods , and people think there is a cheap way of getting some amazing responce on Vettes! Good luck any questions just pm me, and welcome!

Black/Tan
    '97 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    Just go with a c5! If your looking to modify, well we all know Vettes are not cheap! I find it funny when people buy a vehicle, but looking to do mods , and people think there is a cheap way of getting some amazing responce on Vettes! Good luck any questions just pm me, and welcome!
    I don't really want to modify. Depending on what I get I may do some suspention mods, possibly exhaust, but nothing that would take me out of a stock class. Even though I like to Auto Cross, I'm not real serious about it, I tend not to go when its really hot outside, as I'd rather do water related sports. Thus the C4 Vert, looks very appealing to me.

I've been modding the Miata's for many years, and while I've enjoyed building up a miata that can take a stock T/A, or a Mustang, I'm growing tired of working with all the issues that come with it. Time is getting harder and harder to find, so I want the power but not the maint.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Duane View Post
    I don't really want to modify. Depending on what I get I may do some suspention mods, possibly exhaust, but nothing that would take me out of a stock class. Even though I like to Auto Cross, I'm not real serious about it, I tend not to go when its really hot outside, as I'd rather do water related sports. Thus the C4 Vert, looks very appealing to me.

I've been modding the Miata's for many years, and while I've enjoyed building up a miata that can take a stock T/A, or a Mustang, I'm growing tired of working with all the issues that come with it. Time is getting harder and harder to find, so I want the power but not the maint.
    Well! Good luck, I love 1/4 mile racing so that's why I choosed my set up!

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

Here's my opinion on it. If you want to leave it stock, and really want a convertible, go for the 05 vert. It has the 400hp LS2 which is close to the Z06 in power. You are a couple hundred pounds heavier, but it should be a good compromise with what you want. Good luck!
    2009 JSB Lingenfelter ZR1

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Z06 all the way.

Thread Information