Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

victory red
    2007 zo6

new corvette engines !!

gm/corvette is saying newer corvette motors will be smaller- 5.5/440 horses.! still along the ls1 motors but better ,they claim.. direct fuel injection ,etc. i think ls7/ls9 , will go away in couple years ? all newer corvettes will be using alum. frames ,for weight savings.. that zo6/zr1 use now.. anyone know any more details/facts? rkvette

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yes, they say 5.5 for the base vette but I still think the zr1 will have FI and I pray everynight that they redo the ls7 with this new tech and have a 600hp 7.0 liter.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    gm/corvette is saying newer corvette motors will be smaller- 5.5/440 horses.! still along the ls1 motors but better ,they claim.. direct fuel injection ,etc. i think ls7/ls9 , will go away in couple years ? all newer corvettes will be using alum. frames ,for weight savings.. that zo6/zr1 use now.. anyone know any more details/facts? rkvette
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, they say 5.5 for the base vette but I still think the zr1 will have FI and I pray everynight that they redo the ls7 with this new tech and have a 600hp 7.0 liter.
    ^ i doubt the ls9 or the ls7 will go anywhere. As both are made by hand at B.G...i remember when the ls9 was first talked about and some details came about...they were talking about discontinuing the ls7. this however has not happened.

Zingery i have herd that they are planning on reworking the ls7 to actually make the 600 mark as the base models have 440+. Now will any of this actually come true is another question but last i herd they are keeping the ls7 name..even with the reworking.

i personally will either buy a ls7 or a ls3 vette ...better/newer or not i like big displacement N/A engines...plus i like that the ls7 and the ls3 dont have any of that b.s D.O.D and etc ...more of a simple engine (i say that loosely)

Arctic White, red/gray

Like i said, I hope thats true. Since rumor is ford was aiming for 500hp out of the DOHC 6.2 liter. Same power as the ls7 but almost a liter smaller.

victory red
    2007 zo6

so far 2011- which are already out for sale,only corvette that got faster/lighter is the zo6 models,! they only sold [511 ]zo6 in 2010...gm claims this new zo6 is 3 seconds faster on their road course/track.?. this is b/c using a lot of carbon stuff/ligher from zr1.. also latest tires from goodyear or zr1 tires wheels from zr1. i think i can pick up about the same time, just use the non-run flats michelin pilot sports,like on super fast vipers.. of course not really a street tire ..? rkvette

Royal Black
    Corvette 1998

i think so thats a FACT ... cause i heard about that somewhere !!!
    but damn 5.5l ... sense when the VETTE depends on that kind of engines ???
    we really prefer the LS1/2/6/7/9 series hell yeah we do !

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadooo View Post
    i think so thats a FACT ... cause i heard about that somewhere !!!
    but damn 5.5l ... sense when the VETTE depends on that kind of engines ???
    we really prefer the LS1/2/6/7/9 series hell yeah we do !
    well the lower displacement is no reason to fret. remember the zr1's ls9 is a 6.2, so it is .8 smaller than the ls7, so as long as the power is there you shouldnt knock it

2000 ss/1994 z28/1979 z28

I know no matter what they do next, It will always be chevy!

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I wounder if they would adjust the price to match the power increase. maybe in a year when im able to afford a c6 if theses rumors come true maybe used price of a z06 would go down and i could get me some of that 7.0 power

victory red
    2007 zo6

futurews6- don't hold your breath for gm/corvette to lower prices !! well i paid sticker, and more/ hard to get my 2007 zo6 at the time !! was at a corvette only show,two weeks ago [300 corvettes] mine may be worth $50,000 b/c 800 miles, never wet, etc. so i only lost $ 30,000 ? they had a new 2010 grand sport conv.sticker was over $74,000,not a zo6.. my son lost $ 150,000 on a very low miles[200] lamborghini diablo..comon sense is to never pay over sticker !! only us cars nuts, do this.. rkvette

Black
    1999 Trans Am

wait i thought paying over the sticker price was a good deal?.........=p

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    I wounder if they would adjust the price to match the power increase. maybe in a year when im able to afford a c6 if theses rumors come true maybe used price of a z06 would go down and i could get me some of that 7.0 power
    you will more than likely not see much lower of a price for the z06 unless 1. the c7 z06 comes out. 2.the mileage goes up on the used z06s

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    futurews6- don't hold your breath for gm/corvette to lower prices !! well i paid sticker, and more/ hard to get my 2007 zo6 at the time !! was at a corvette only show,two weeks ago [300 corvettes] mine may be worth $50,000 b/c 800 miles, never wet, etc. so i only lost $ 30,000 ? they had a new 2010 grand sport conv.sticker was over $74,000,not a zo6.. my son lost $ 150,000 on a very low miles[200] lamborghini diablo..comon sense is to never pay over sticker !! only us cars nuts, do this.. rkvette
    Then you son got ripped off, the whole point of buying used with low miles to skip that huge first year depreciation. A diablo was 200-300k msrp depending on year and model, they are still worth 150-200k with lower miles, so that means he paid almost sticker for a used car with low miles? Thats not called being a car nut, its called being a sucker.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i personally will either buy a ls7 or a ls3 vette ...better/newer or not i like big displacement N/A engines...plus i like that the ls7 and the ls3 dont have any of that b.s D.O.D and etc ...more of a simple engine (i say that loosely)
    OK, for us noobs, somebody tell me what D.O.D. is regarding engines? All I can think of is Department of Defense...

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    OK, for us noobs, somebody tell me what D.O.D. is regarding engines? All I can think of is Department of Defense...
    displacement on demand . it is were the car will deactivate 4 cylinders when throttle is bellow a certain percentage.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

displacement on demand . it is were the car will deactivate 4 cylinders when throttle is bellow a certain percentage.
    Aha, thanks. I know that feature, don't know if I've ever heard it by that name. Also didn't know they put it in a high end sports car like the Vette. Thought that was for adding mpg value to family style sedans and SUVs...

Arctic White, red/gray

Aha, thanks. I know that feature, don't know if I've ever heard it by that name. Also didn't know they put it in a high end sports car like the Vette. Thought that was for adding mpg value to family style sedans and SUVs...
    With the fuel requirements getting more strict on entire fleets they need to save mpgs everywhere.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    With the fuel requirements getting more strict on entire fleets they need to save mpgs everywhere.
    Yeah that makes sense, since the regulations require an 'average' mpg rating per the maker's entire model line. Plus I suppose it's something fairly easy that can be added to any/all new cars nowadays for another mpg or 2...

Why don't some ppl like it? Is there a delay when you mash the throttle while the full engine kicks back in?

98' trans am

Yeah that makes sense, since the regulations require an 'average' mpg rating per the maker's entire model line. Plus I suppose it's something fairly easy that can be added to any/all new cars nowadays for another mpg or 2...

Why don't some ppl like it? Is there a delay when you mash the throttle while the full engine kicks back in?
    it is still finiky at times, also you dont buy a vette to run it in 4 cylinders. cam selection for a DOD vehicle is limited also..unless you convert to a non dod

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

it is still finiky at times, also you dont buy a vette to run it in 4 cylinders. cam selection for a DOD vehicle is limited also..unless you convert to a non dod
    Ah I see I see. Thanks bud, I've learned my new car fact for today!

Thread Information