Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Need Z06 Advice

This is a discussion on Need Z06 Advice within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe Im 23 and full coverage on my C5 is $77 a month. Cant be much different ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member mickey_7106's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Oakland
    Posts
    26

    Pewter
    '00 C5

    Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Im 23 and full coverage on my C5 is $77 a month. Cant be much different on a z06
    same age, 1 point = $261/month
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    im fairly certain im going to end up with a c6 z before its all said and done, i figure ill start hunting here in march. Id like an 08 Jetstream or Cyber Grey but i have a feeling its gonna be out of my price range. Ill probably stick with Daytona Orange or Yellow 06-07. As my buddy put it "hell go in debt on a zr1, youll kill yourself before you ever pay it off so its all good" lol. But in all seriousness I cant see the point in buying a base model when i could have a Z for a little more money.
    i would go for the 2010 C6 GS

  2. #22
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charles Town, West Virginia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    800

    Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

    I like the grand sport but honestly the price on a lightly used z06 to a new grand sport, and the overall performance defecet between the two, the z is a far better buy used or not.

  3. #23
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Why again is the c5 z06 not reliable?

  4. #24
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charles Town, West Virginia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    800

    Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

    because there 6-8 years old and ls6s arent nearly as bulletproof as ls7s... not saying there not great cars but eh... i really dont want an outdated car thats coming up on 10 years old... i have a 97 thats enough headache as it is

  5. #25
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charles Town, West Virginia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    800

    Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

    my other big gripe there is the price diffrence isnt really that great... decent c6zs are starting around 35-40k... the average c5z sells for 25-27k... for the extra 10 grand the performance, duribility, technology increase, and creature comforts make it well worth it

  6. #26
    Gold Member clint195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,844

    Red
    2001 WS6

    Maybe you should do your homework. The ls7 has had its share of problems with some bad batches of rocker arms and dropping valves not to mention oil starvation. Unless you are getting a 2009 when all these problems were suppose to be fixed or you have a COMPLETLY stock C6Z i would not say it is more reliable than the LS6. There have been a couple guys that are on there 3rd engine over on corvette forum and thats no joke. So if you plan on modding it and it lets go plan to spend a big chunck of change. Thats my .02. To tell you the truth i would feel more at ease with a ls6 becuase you dont know what to expect outta the ls7 after hearing all these horror stories. I would go for the ls7 myself but thats me.

    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...14460106&pp=25
    Last edited by clint195; 01-23-2010 at 10:35 AM.

  7. #27
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    because there 6-8 years old and ls6s arent nearly as bulletproof as ls7s... not saying there not great cars but eh... i really dont want an outdated car thats coming up on 10 years old... i have a 97 thats enough headache as it is
    I can't understand how anyone would think a C5 Z06 is out dated...sure there are better cars out there, but damn, there is nothing wrong with a c5 Z06, especially for the money.

  8. #28
    Gold Member clint195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,844

    Red
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I can't understand how anyone would think a C5 Z06 is out dated...sure there are better cars out there, but damn, there is nothing wrong with a c5 Z06, especially for the money.
    x2 i sure dont see it as being out dated. Hell i still think my 01 TA looks better than 80% of cars on the road but being it has a ls1 it must be outdated.

  9. #29
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    The Gen III v-8 is reliable, efficient, cheap, and powerful. Sure there are Gen IV's too, but there isn't much better out there for the buck.

    Not sure what more you can ask for.

  10. #30
    Gold Member clint195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,844

    Red
    2001 WS6

    I think the c5z is the best bang for the buck out there right now being used and you have so much room to improve. People talk crap on the interior but i can live with that. To op what are you plans for this said vette you want being you get the c5 or c6 are mods in the future?

  11. #31
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Maybe you should do your homework. The ls7 has had its share of problems with some bad batches of rocker arms and dropping valves not to mention oil starvation. Unless you are getting a 2009 when all these problems were suppose to be fixed or you have a COMPLETLY stock C6Z i would not say it is more reliable than the LS6. There have been a couple guys that are on there 3rd engine over on corvette forum and thats no joke. So if you plan on modding it and it lets go plan to spend a big chunck of change. Thats my .02. To tell you the truth i would feel more at ease with a ls6 becuase you dont know what to expect outta the ls7 after hearing all these horror stories. I would go for the ls7 myself but thats me.

    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...14460106&pp=25
    Your post confuses me, you state you would feel more at ease with an LS6, but then go on to say you would get an "LS7 myself", was that a typo?

  12. #32
    Gold Member clint195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,844

    Red
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Your post confuses me, you state you would feel more at ease with an LS6, but then go on to say you would get an "LS7 myself", was that a typo?
    Correct. I would rather have the LS6 reliabilty with the LS7 power. Have you read anything about the ls6 engines dropping valves, rocker arm failing, or oil starvation? I like the extra cubes thou outta the LS7 since i am a NA guy. Not saying the LS7 in unreliable but when you pay that type of money for an LS7 i would expect it to be perfect.
    Last edited by clint195; 01-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.

  13. #33
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    I'd suggest checking out Progressive and build your plan.

    Im 22 and was lookin at getting a motorcycle a few months back, they were by far the cheapest, especially when you choose you options.

  14. #34
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charles Town, West Virginia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    800

    Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

    I stated already i have no problem at all with the c5z... i think there absolutly sick cars... but as far as mods go i doubt im gonna go too nuts. I have the t/a for that... I just want something thats fun to drive on the street, on the track, and can still get 27 mpg if i decide i want to take it to work one day. Not saying an LS6 wont do that but to me the c6z seems like the better buy for a good all around performance car. The 06 up z06 is a world class entry level supercar, GM has there shit together on these cars. Not saying they didnt on the c5s but the fact of the matter is i know whats gonna happen with an ls6... ittl be fun for the first month then the mod bugs gonna hit me... im pretty sure 505hp on tap wont do that to me. Ive drove plently of c5s and base c6s to know ill get bored quick. Ive drove c6zs and i honestly dont think id have the same problem. The ones ive driven scare the absolute shit out of me, short of an exhaust and intake i dont see much need to do anything else to one for the fact its such a well balanced car from the factory. Come on perfect 50/50 weight distribution, 505 hp, a near bulletproof drivetrain, and lap times that will make some ferraris tuck there tail and run... its easy to see why the C6z trumps the c5z... Again not putting down the car or anyone that has one but this is something im going to be paying for for quite awhile... I dont want to get something im going to regret later down the road and i know with a c5z i probably would personally... but hey to each there own

  15. #35
    Gold Member clint195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,844

    Red
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    I stated already i have no problem at all with the c5z... i think there absolutly sick cars... but as far as mods go i doubt im gonna go too nuts. I have the t/a for that... I just want something thats fun to drive on the street, on the track, and can still get 27 mpg if i decide i want to take it to work one day. Not saying an LS6 wont do that but to me the c6z seems like the better buy for a good all around performance car. The 06 up z06 is a world class entry level supercar, GM has there shit together on these cars. Not saying they didnt on the c5s but the fact of the matter is i know whats gonna happen with an ls6... ittl be fun for the first month then the mod bugs gonna hit me... im pretty sure 505hp on tap wont do that to me. Ive drove plently of c5s and base c6s to know ill get bored quick. Ive drove c6zs and i honestly dont think id have the same problem. The ones ive driven scare the absolute shit out of me, short of an exhaust and intake i dont see much need to do anything else to one for the fact its such a well balanced car from the factory. Come on perfect 50/50 weight distribution, 505 hp, a near bulletproof drivetrain, and lap times that will make some ferraris tuck there tail and run... its easy to see why the C6z trumps the c5z... Again not putting down the car or anyone that has one but this is something im going to be paying for for quite awhile... I dont want to get something im going to regret later down the road and i know with a c5z i probably would personally... but hey to each there own
    Well then looks like you have it figured out c6z it is. Just remember to figure in taxes them are a pita.

  16. #36
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    I for one love the C6Z.....but i just cant get over how good a fixed roof coupe looks

  17. #37
    Member Mr. Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    57
    Posts
    913

    Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

    I can attest to your statement that you will NOT get bored with the C6Z. I feel the exact same way with mine. I have only done a simple CAI and Cat-back, not much of an increase in HP.
    But the car is absolutely powerful!
    In reality, with a car that will break the ass end loose at 70+MPH in second, and hit 130MPH in 3rd, just how many places (in the City) will you have a chance to use much more HP? I have a very difficult time getting the rear end to hook up as it is.

  18. #38
    WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charles Town, West Virginia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    800

    Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

    thats my thoughts exactly mr hyde... A good friend of mine has your identical car (jetstream) and im in love with the thing. The car just screams for attention wherever it goes. We had it out to summit point raceway last year for a family day and on the race track that thing really shows its true colors... The cornering ability is remarkable... barely breaks a sweat. Personally as far as styling goes i like the c5z and c6z about the same. both have looks to kill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New, need advice.
    By tomscamaro00 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Need advice, possibly legal advice
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 10:23 AM
  3. Need serious advice...alot of advice. Long.
    By !!!FAST!!! in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 08:49 PM
  4. Hello, and need advice
    By jpwamt in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM
  5. Need ADVICE
    By dblanch35 in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •