Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

My Z06 ran a 10.55

This is a discussion on My Z06 ran a 10.55 within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Wow, impressive my friend. Here in PA, Beaver Springs to be exact, there was a Z06 that rolled in running ...

  1. #41
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Wow, impressive my friend.

    Here in PA, Beaver Springs to be exact, there was a Z06 that rolled in running an automatic and was putting out 10.40s according to the track owner. He said the guy bought a Z06 (C6) with a blown engine so he had a lower compression Z06 engine built and put on a supercharge. He said it was freaking awesome.

    Someday I will have a Z06, oh yes, I will have it. Cue the Waynes World!

    Not to go off in another direction but I thought the new ZR1 out handled the Z06? At least thats what I have read and see on-line. Just wondering. Again, nice car guy!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Wow, impressive my friend.

    Here in PA, Beaver Springs to be exact, there was a Z06 that rolled in running an automatic and was putting out 10.40s according to the track owner. He said the guy bought a Z06 (C6) with a blown engine so he had a lower compression Z06 engine built and put on a supercharge. He said it was freaking awesome.

    Someday I will have a Z06, oh yes, I will have it. Cue the Waynes World!

    Not to go off in another direction but I thought the new ZR1 out handled the Z06? At least thats what I have read and see on-line. Just wondering. Again, nice car guy!
    Just because its faster around tracks doesnt mean it out handles the z06 or is a better drivers car. Most people say its a better drivers car just like they say the gt3 is a better driver car than the gt2 even though the gt2 has 100more hp. Naturally aspirated, lighter, less gizmos to keep the car under control= better drivers car. The zr1 is a little overkill on alot of track and needs to be driven under control, it makes it harder to push teh car to the limits with 600trq and 350 at idle.

  3. #43
    Member rkvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    northeastern pa.
    Posts
    175

    victory red
    2007 zo6

    my son has owned both zo6/zr1... he also went to the ron fellows driving school near vegas, gm paid for that, if you bought a new zr1 !!... he thinks zo6 handles a lttle better b/c lighter and perfect 50/50 balance...he said on the straights of course zr1 a little faster, b/c 133 more horsepower... z06 is more of track vette, zr1 user friendy for the street ..some more news he sold both ,son said corvettes are not holding value ? he recently bought a new viper [acr], final edition ..one of last 6 made, factory is now closed.. he hopes/thinks viper will hold value better.? he bought a new 2006 ford gt/40 couple years back, paid $ 165,000 still worth the same today !!

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Harker Heights, Tx
    Age
    23
    Posts
    54
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

    Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    my son has owned both zo6/zr1... he also went to the ron fellows driving school near vegas, gm paid for that, if you bought a new zr1 !!... he thinks zo6 handles a lttle better b/c lighter and perfect 50/50 balance...he said on the straights of course zr1 a little faster, b/c 133 more horsepower... z06 is more of track vette, zr1 user friendy for the street ..some more news he sold both ,son said corvettes are not holding value ? he recently bought a new viper [acr], final edition ..one of last 6 made, factory is now closed.. he hopes/thinks viper will hold value better.? he bought a new 2006 ford gt/40 couple years back, paid $ 165,000 still worth the same today !!
    It's true. Vipers tend to hold value better than corvettes hence why 1993 vipers are still going for $20,000 where a corvette of the same year is going for less than $10,000...at least in my area. I think it's cause of the supply of vipers compared to corvettes where you can buy a corvette from pretty much any chevy dealer whereas you have to go to certain dealers to get a viper or you have to order one.

    Side note, I would love to have his job. What does he do if you don't mind me asking? Lawyer?

  5. #45
    Member rkvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    northeastern pa.
    Posts
    175

    victory red
    2007 zo6

    he is electrial engineer, in charge of the fabs [where they make the computor chips].. been doing this for about 20 years ,money is super !! lots/ hours and travel to other plants/around the world, to solve problems .. works hard and long..there is no easy way/never a free ride, for anything...

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Harker Heights, Tx
    Age
    23
    Posts
    54
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

    Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    he is electrial engineer, in charge of the fabs [where they make the computor chips].. been doing this for about 20 years ,money is super !! lots/ hours and travel to other plants/around the world, to solve problems .. works hard and long..there is no easy way/never a free ride, for anything...
    My uncle was an electrical engineer for raytheon and got me into wanting to be an engineer even though I think I'm gonna go the mechanical route cause I like cars more

  7. #47
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Thanks guys, wanted to hear about the ZR1/Z06 from the horses mouth. Thanks for the input, makes a lot of sense.

    I think VIPER is coming back in a few years, at least from what I hear.

    rkvette, your boy should take me under his wing. I am a poor college student in need of some assistance. haha

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by garner View Post
    It's true. Vipers tend to hold value better than corvettes hence why 1993 vipers are still going for $20,000 where a corvette of the same year is going for less than $10,000...at least in my area. I think it's cause of the supply of vipers compared to corvettes where you can buy a corvette from pretty much any chevy dealer whereas you have to go to certain dealers to get a viper or you have to order one.

    Side note, I would love to have his job. What does he do if you don't mind me asking? Lawyer?
    Yes but you seem to forget vipers cost 55k in 1993 and the vette was 33k. 20k plus difference, so if there is only a 10k difference now then they didnt hold there value that well.

    The viper that rkvettes son bought will probably hold value great if they dont bring the viper back. And the reason vipers and gt40s hold value better is because there numbers are so low and the dont have cheap base models like the vettes. There are thousands upon thousand of c6 vettes.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-04-2010 at 10:22 AM.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Harker Heights, Tx
    Age
    23
    Posts
    54
    2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but you seem to forget vipers cost 55k in 1993 and the vette was 33k. 20k plus difference, so if there is only a 10k difference now then they didnt hold there value that well.

    The viper that rkvettes son bought will probably hold value great if they dont bring the viper back. And the reason vipers and gt40s hold value better is because there numbers are so low and the dont have cheap base models like the vettes. There are thousands upon thousand of c6 vettes.
    I wasn't even born yet in 1993 so I wouldn't know about the price difference brand new. The viper is coming back, it was announced a couple of weeks after they said it was cancelled. Yeah that's what I was saying, not as many vipers as corvettes

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    17

    red
    2008 Z06

    Nice times ....

    Get some stickey tires now.... 1.5 on the 60 is darn good though.
    I bet that the car has some quicker times yet.

  11. #51
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by garner View Post
    I wasn't even born yet in 1993 so I wouldn't know about the price difference brand new. The viper is coming back, it was announced a couple of weeks after they said it was cancelled. Yeah that's what I was saying, not as many vipers as corvettes
    This thing called "the internet" has a lot of information that is up to date and goes back in the past. I bet you could use Google and find out such information. j/k

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •