Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

a Monster vs the Godzilla

This is a discussion on a Monster vs the Godzilla within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by BLK2KSS he said 2004 ls6, not 2005 ls7... if ur gettin a stock ls6 in the 11s ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    he said 2004 ls6, not 2005 ls7... if ur gettin a stock ls6 in the 11s then u sir are my hero! haha
    People have gone 11.8 and 11.9 in a bone stock c5 z06. People have gone 10.9s in a bone stock c6 z06. Neither is common but both have been done by real world owners multiple times.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    c6 z06s lose to GTRs, so the c5 will get beat.
    This is incorrect, best time i have seen in stock GTR 11.6 @ 120mph, best time I have seen in stock c6 z06 10.9 @ 126mph.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    really? my bad, i was thinkin it was 05 when they did the new body style... good to know i guess
    They DID release the new C6 body style in 2005, but there wasn't a Z06 offered until a year later in 2006.
    So...you're both correct.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    They DID release the new C6 body style in 2005, but there wasn't a Z06 offered until a year later in 2006.
    So...you're both correct.
    ^ the best gen/body style of the 6 for sure..with the gen II being a close 2nd

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I love the C6 Z06. That is my dream car, for sure. I was hoping to pick up a used one late this year or early next year, but it looks like a might pick up a first generation CTS-V and have that as my fun AND practical car for a few more years before I add the Z06 I'm sad to place practicality over performance, but it is nice to hear the wife encouraging me to buy a performance car for a change

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I love the C6 Z06. That is my dream car, for sure. I was hoping to pick up a used one late this year or early next year, but it looks like a might pick up a first generation CTS-V and have that as my fun AND practical car for a few more years before I add the Z06 I'm sad to place practicality over performance, but it is nice to hear the wife encouraging me to buy a performance car for a change
    Remember that the CTS-V Coupe will be arriving soon...and it does seat four comfortably.....I anticipate one of those in my driveway in a few years.

Arctic White, red/gray

Remember that the CTS-V Coupe will be arriving soon...and it does seat four comfortably.....I anticipate one of those in my driveway in a few years.
    I would rather have the sedan or soon to come wagon, coupe looks great but in a car like that i would want 4 doors, lots of room and lots of power.

98' trans am

the back end looks like shit to me...it looks like from the side profile like a impala maxx or some shit

I love the 2nd gen CTS-V, coupe and sedan. But I can pick up a used C6 Z06 for $40k, and that is my dream car. The motivation behind the CTS-V is the 2004-2007 can now be bought for ~$20k. The new $60k CTS-Vs aren't even on my radar right now. Plus the new CTS coupe only weighs slightly less than the sedan, which comes in several hundred pounds heavier than the 2004-07 sedans. I like to have as much power and the least weight as I can, regardless of the vehicle type. And at that price, the performance is staggering.

98' trans am

I love the 2nd gen CTS-V, coupe and sedan. But I can pick up a used C6 Z06 for $40k, and that is my dream car. .
    but you understand that they are two completely different class of cars........a vette is a 2 door race car ...a cts-v is a 4 door race car...much more refined ..the type you can hit the track in the morning , go pick up the KIDS in the afternoon and go take your business partners to the opera/strip club in the afternoon

but you understand that they are two completely different class of cars........a vette is a 2 door race car ...a cts-v is a 4 door race car...much more refined ..the type you can hit the track in the morning , go pick up the KIDS in the afternoon and go take your business partners to the opera/strip club in the afternoon
    I know that all too well. Hence the reasoning behind picking up a 2004-07 CTS-V for $18-25k now and waiting a few years before ADDING the C6 Z06. I'm not comparing the two cars on the same level, by any means. The CTS-V will be my long-lost V-8 toy masquerading as a practical sedan until I can get the sports car I really want. Once I buy the Z06, I have NO intention of getting rid of the CTS-V; the V will just continue its duties as my primary driver while the Z06 will take over the role of the weekend toy/performance car. I want the Z06 because it has the most extraordinary power-to-weight ratio per dollar for a factory car, and they are starting to get into the price range for my current income level. However, the gen 1 CTS-V is more appealing at the moment due to its increased practicality, high level of performance, and significantly lower price of entry, which is more in line with my current needs. In a few years, my income will have more than doubled and the used Z06s should be priced even lower, which in theory will allow me to add the Vette to my collection as well.

98' trans am

I know that all too well. Hence the reasoning behind picking up a 2004-07 CTS-V for $18-25k now and waiting a few years before ADDING the C6 Z06. I'm not comparing the two cars on the same level, by any means. The CTS-V will be my long-lost V-8 toy masquerading as a practical sedan until I can get the sports car I really want. Once I buy the Z06, I have NO intention of getting rid of the CTS-V; the V will just continue its duties as my primary driver while the Z06 will take over the role of the weekend toy/performance car. I want the Z06 because it has the most extraordinary power-to-weight ratio per dollar for a factory car, and they are starting to get into the price range for my current income level. However, the gen 1 CTS-V is more appealing at the moment due to its increased practicality, high level of performance, and significantly lower price of entry, which is more in line with my current needs. In a few years, my income will have more than doubled and the used Z06s should be priced even lower, which in theory will allow me to add the Vette to my collection as well.
    yup that is basically my thinking ...except my g/f soon to be fiancee wants the newer model...so in a year or two i will be picking up the newer gen cts-v for around 35-40ish.

yup that is basically my thinking ...except my g/f soon to be fiancee wants the newer model...so in a year or two i will be picking up the newer gen cts-v for around 35-40ish.
    Nice! I really like the new ones, but I don't want to wait that long and I don't want to pay C6 Z06 prices for anything other than a C6 Z06. Plus I like the fact that the Gen 1 CTS-V weighs significantly less than the Gen 2. If I had a much bigger budget I might get one, but on the other hand I might spend the cash on a Gen 1 V with a cammed LS-7 swap and built rearend

98' trans am

Nice! I really like the new ones, but I don't want to wait that long and I don't want to pay C6 Z06 prices for anything other than a C6 Z06. Plus I like the fact that the Gen 1 CTS-V weighs significantly less than the Gen 2. If I had a much bigger budget I might get one, but on the other hand I might spend the cash on a Gen 1 V with a cammed LS-7 swap and built rearend
    that would be tits

For sure! 3800 pounds of Caddy with a 600+ horsepower 7.0 would be sick. A nice garage mate for a C6 Z06

Royal Black
    Corvette 1998

thanx guys for everyone who add to/watch my topic ... but still its about Z06 VS GTR !!!
    not a CTS-V vs Z06 !!!!!!!!!!
    and again than you all

thanx guys for everyone who add to/watch my topic ... but still its about Z06 VS GTR !!!
    and again than you all
    LOL sorry bro! I'll get back on topic

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadooo View Post
    and again than you all
    First time I've ever seen an OP "Moderate" a thread! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information