black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

might be buying a c5 need some info

ok heres the deal,i have an '01 ws6 and theres a guy thats been bugging me for a while to sell it to him,well i found a 2000 c5 vette for sale for 19k it has a 408 ci ls engine with a procharger and makes 850+ hp,i might be able to talk them down on the vette a little and the guy that wants my ws6 seems to be willing to give me 19-20k for it (even though it needs a paint job) which is well over the kbb value, so are vettes expensive to maintain and repair(aside from this one having the engine and driveline that it does)any issues with the 2000 models? does this sound like a deal i should jump on? any advice is appreciated,thanks.

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

price is fair for the year and extra's put into it. c5's are great cars and pretty much trouble free. i would hope the entire driveline was built to handle the hp it's putting out. go over the car from top to bottom. get it up on a lift to check the trans and diff. for any issues.
    good luck with it , you'll love the c5 and will wonder why you did'nt move into one sooner.
    A/R HEADERS , Z06 NPP EXHAUST, M TO W VISOR CONTROL , LINGENFELTER GT1-1 CAM, TEXAS SPEED CNC PORTED HEADS , INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY , VARARAM INTAKE , DTE PHASE II 4:10 REAR WITH TRANS BRACE AND Z06 SWAYBAR , Z06 BRAKES , FULL GM WIDE BODY KIT , IFORGED TRK-14 WHEELs

2001 trans am ws6

yes it does have a built trans it has an rpm transmissions stage 5 4l60e w/ 3000rpm stall,hardened drivetrain bushings,and z06 torque tube,i just kinda wish it had a built 6 speed,a corvette dealership has the car so they say there are no issues with the car and stand by their word and it may even come with a warranty,but ill still thouroughly check it out before i buy it especially since i will be selling my ws6 to get it. im going to look at it and drive it thursday if they havent sold it by then(hope not)and ill post some pics if i buy it

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

sounds like it was done right , go for it ! i had a 99 and 01 c5 and loved the both. currently have a c6 , but would go back to a c5 anytime. loved everything about them.
    my 99
    my 99

my 01

my 05

2001 trans am ws6

twobuells, you have some good-looking vettes there, thanks for sharing,i didnt get to go look at the vette thursday and wont have another chance till next weekend im definately going to try and look at it then if they havent sold it,its a 2hr drive away from me, what about children riding in one,i have a 5yr old and since they dont have any backseats i was wondering,i looked up my local laws and didnt see anything about any special rules with two seater cars,i really like my ws6 and i have a few family members trying to talk me out of selling it but i really want a vette and i cant afford to have two sports cars so after i go check it out i should be able to decide what to do.

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

Not a good family car , You would need to pickup a second car with a back seat.
    Good luck with whatever direction you go..

2001 trans am ws6

yes i already have a car with a backseat i was just mainly talking about my son riding with me to car shows and things like that,but im waiting on the guy to get his money to buy my ws6 and then ill be getting the c5,i went and checked it out over the weekend and i had to have it it was insane!! ill post pics when i get it home sometime in the next week or so.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

C5s are solid cars with most of the problems being taken care of in the 99+ models but your looking at a fully built car with almost no stock parts left in it so reliability is dependent on the quality of the work that was done. As for a child up front you need to disable the air bag or it can hurt/ kill a child. 2000.5+ has a switch in the glove box to disable it. So the only way to know is to look in the glove box for the switch. If there is no switch then you would have to install one and there is a 180 dollar kit that you can buy that when installed gives you the ability to turn on and off the air bag.

Black Silver
    I will say that you cant build that car for that cheap!!!
    lol.
    With that much power you will probably still break things so have a budget for fixing stuff.
    Definitely invest in another vehicle for a DD.
    I DD a very hard core one but to save you a lotta $$ get another DD vehicle.

2001 trans am ws6

well i hate to say the guy buying my ws6 backed out,he was taking the money out of his 401k and he said after they tacked on taxes and penalties he was way over 20k and he decided not to get it,i really want the vette so i asked the place that has it about trading my ws6 in for it but they only offered me $4500 for it and i just spent on it less than a year ago putting heads/cam,etc on it,so i told them no and a week later they are offering me 6k but im still taking too much of a loss so unless i find another way i wont be getting the vette

blue
    2001 silverado

That sucks. But its a good deal getting a loan through 401k. Remind him he is paying himself back

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Its never a good deal taking money out for something you don't need and being charged a fee to do so. Yes he paying himself back and the interest too but he is still being taxed to do so.

Thread Information