Results 1 to 10 of 10

Looking to Buy a C6

This is a discussion on Looking to Buy a C6 within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Im kinda leaning toward selling my 2000 Pontiac Trans Am & will be looking to buy a C6 Corvette to ...

  1. #1
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Looking to Buy a C6

    Im kinda leaning toward selling my 2000 Pontiac Trans Am & will be looking to buy a C6 Corvette to replace my current WS6,at first i was gonna buy a 05-06 GTO,but i changed my mind,im looking for a automatic C6 with targa top,this will be my first Corvette is there anything common i should be aware of during my search?

  2. #2
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    05 vettes have a 4 speed automatic while the 06-12 have 6 speed automatic,makes a big difference in fuel mileage,we got a average of 29 mpg according to the computer,while traveling this weekend with the cruise set on 55.average form the whole trip was 24.2 with combined highway,city,and bumper-to-bumper traffic.of course 05-07 were ls2,and 07 was the height of c6 production with over 40k 2007 corvettes built.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    115

    Supersonic Blue
    2012 Z06

    If you are interested in an 08 LS3 Z51 automatic with bolt-ons mine is for sale. 12K miles Will have to work out a price.

    vette-pic.jpg
    2012 Z06
    08 Corvette 10.88 @ 125.25 mph(sold)
    98 Camaro 10.79 @ 122.64 mph, 1.44 60'(sold)

  4. #4
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    05 vettes have a 4 speed automatic while the 06-12 have 6 speed automatic,makes a big difference in fuel mileage,we got a average of 29 mpg according to the computer,while traveling this weekend with the cruise set on 55.average form the whole trip was 24.2 with combined highway,city,and bumper-to-bumper traffic.of course 05-07 were ls2,and 07 was the height of c6 production with over 40k 2007 corvettes built.
    Thanks i might just start at 06 then since they have a 6 speed automatic,i havent done my research on them yet,thats why i wanted to know what type of common problems owners had with them

  5. #5
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    If you are interested in an 08 LS3 Z51 automatic with bolt-ons mine is for sale. 12K miles Will have to work out a price.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vette pic.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	23936
    Does it have a targa top?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    115

    Supersonic Blue
    2012 Z06

    All C6 except C6 Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes have a targa top unless you are referring to a clear which it is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    Does it have a targa top?

  7. #7
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    All C6 except C6 Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes have a targa top unless you are referring to a clear which it is not.
    I thought some C6s had hardtops,but its good to know that C6s have targa tops,i like the Z06&ZR1,but two things i dont like about those cars is theyre both manuals only with hardtops,dont get me wrong theyre great cars,but they should have been made with automatics as well as manuals
    Last edited by fbodyNATION; 04-05-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  8. #8
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Hey Larry have you been to Corvettes of Houston before

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    115

    Supersonic Blue
    2012 Z06

    I have not although I have passed by their shop. Curious why you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    Hey Larry have you been to Corvettes of Houston before

  10. #10
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Just wanted to let you know they have great stuff there for all gen Corvettes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •