Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Just bought 08 Z06

This is a discussion on Just bought 08 Z06 within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde Good choice Clint, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the end results of the headers ...

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Good choice Clint, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the end results of the headers and exhaust system. Make sure you remember to have them lower her when you take it in to have the exhaust done.
    Thanks Mr Hyde i actually got it lowered 3 weeks ago it looks alot better i was only charged $25.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

sa weet!

Red
    2001 WS6

Update on the z06 well i totaled the car. LOL just kiding!
    I am actually getting rid of the sc. I am taking a different plan of attack. I liked the sc but it was giving me a couple small issues. So the car is up at lingenfelter right now. I was going with the 660 package but they called me and said the 630 package would be better as they have never done the 660 package on a auto z06. Sold the sc the same day i posted it back to RPM so i am happy there. New mods include the 630 package with American racing 1 7/8 headers, corsa exhaust, fast 102 intake, and 3.73 gears in the rear. Should be back in 3-4 weeks. Lingenfelter said another customer put down 510 rwhp and 474 rwtq thru an AUTO z06. My numbers were 531 rwhp and 478 rwtq with the sc. So with the FAST intake and the gears i should be making more tq then before and about the same hp and wont have the 80-100 lbs of the sc kit.

Here is a preview
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqjfMYNAjc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Do you mind sharing the small issues that the SC gave you? I was considering doing one much later down the road, when the warranty is over.

2011 Prius

Why not a Viper?

Red
    2001 WS6

Do you mind sharing the small issues that the SC gave you? I was considering doing one much later down the road, when the warranty is over.
    By no means anything major. It had the belt tensioner squeal but RPM shipped me the new one for free and i had to pay labor only 75. Then i was under the hood a couple weeks ago and saw the belt was fraying and had a decent crack in it which is a good thing i noticed. And ran a 850 hp mustang and got beat after that i believe i blew a head gasket but Lingfelter has not got back to me on that it was leaking alittle coolant off the exhaust manifold and was running alittle hot. Being the closest shop it 100miles away i figured i dont wanna be running up there all the time for a bad belt and so forth.. i am a cam guy like i said before i just figured i would give the sc a shot since i got a good deal. RPM bought it back so i am not out much. And if itis a blown head gasket that gets replaced anyways with the cam install. I think i will be sitting better this time around. Being the car was boosted and not forged kinda worried me to. Some times you just have to take chances and learn.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

+1 on that you made a very wise choice of taking that supercharger off . i less electronics you have on a car the less problems you have in the long run . guys im no trying to start a debate here but hey if u have other opinions shoot away ill open a can of whoop a$$

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thanks Clint. I was a bit concerned about running PSI on a very high compression engine. When I was talking to my shop and Tuners about doing this mod down the road, they said that you can get very favorable results, but it's safer to lower the compression ratio to 8:5.
    The reason I personally was shying away from gaining big HP from N/A mods was I just did this with my 2001 SS Camaro, and went a bit too big with the cam, taking away much of the drivability, and it ultimately lead to me selling the car.
    I sure didn't want to make the same mistake with the Z06.
    So...how badly did the Mustang beat you?
    Was it from a roll, did you lose traction, or was it just a good ol fashioned straight up race?
    No shame in losing to a 850HP car!

Red
    2001 WS6

Thanks Clint. I was a bit concerned about running PSI on a very high compression engine. When I was talking to my shop and Tuners about doing this mod down the road, they said that you can get very favorable results, but it's safer to lower the compression ratio to 8:5.
    The reason I personally was shying away from gaining big HP from N/A mods was I just did this with my 2001 SS Camaro, and went a bit too big with the cam, taking away much of the drivability, and it ultimately lead to me selling the car.
    I sure didn't want to make the same mistake with the Z06.
    So...how badly did the Mustang beat you?
    Was it from a roll, did you lose traction, or was it just a good ol fashioned straight up race?
    No shame in losing to a 850HP car!
    He beat me by 3-4 cars we went from like 40-130 he had a 2001 fully built mustang. Forged motor, th400, 3800 stall, 3.73 gears, 76mm turbo, and set up for E85 and so on and so on. Lets just say everything was done to it he only had 16 more rwhp and 30 rwtq more than me i thought i would have kept up better. His turbo 400 eats up alot of power he claims i never did see his dyno sheet but i showed him mine. But he had alittle more power. But i was told if i had 3.73 gears from another guy with a c6 z06 that it feels like 50 rwhp. With that being said i wish i atleast had headers and gears. i would like to run him on my new set up because Lingenfelter said i will be making the same power if not alittle more plus i wont have to wait for boost to build up. Also i will be back to stock weight. THe kid has a new setup he is building to here are his plans he is shooting for 1200-1300 at the crank.

SHORTBLOCK:
    -Teksid block (4bolt caps w/2 side bolts)
    -forged crank
    -Manley 18cc dished pistons(coated skirts)
    -ModMax pro billet I-Beams w/arp2000 bolts(tested to 1500hp@9500rpm)
    -ModMax stainless steel rings
    -king race bearings(rod and mains)
    -Arp main studs
    -arp head studs
    -MMR oil pump
    -cobra windage tray

HEADS:
    -02 Navigator 4v heads
    ----port match and message exhaust ports
    ----intake ports are liquid cooled by factory
    -comp beehive springs
    -steel retainers
    -98 cobra intake cams
    -03 04 cobra exhaust cams

INTAKE:UNDECIDED!!
    i have a 99 cobra lower intake so i might make a custom top to look like a cobra R.
    ....................or make my own with my new tig welder.

TURBO:
    Comp CT5-88mm triple ball bearing
    ---96mm high flow turbine wheel
    ---1.15 a/r exhaust housing

i have the heads,springs, and cams already. i have block ready. ARP stuff should be here friday along with the rotating assembly. i decide to hold off on the turbo till i get the engine back in the car to make sure it will fit on my turbo system.

and a vid of the race

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EOKWF2j04[/ame]

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thanks for all the info Clint, and my hat's off to you for posting the Vid! Takes a big man to post a Vid of him losing the race.

Red
    2001 WS6

Thanks for all the info Clint, and my hat's off to you for posting the Vid! Takes a big man to post a Vid of him losing the race.
    No problem. As you can see we started out and no one was pulling on each other then bam that turbo kicked in and i was history. We did four pulls and they were all the same. He was a nice guy thou. He gave me a break and no digs. He had a 3800 stall with a trans brake and dr's. All i had was my runflats. One thing that i have him beat in thou is gas mileage he gets 9mpg on the E85. Also i dont think he weighed much more than me a stock 01 gt is 3273 lbs so he prolly weighed alittle more with his passenger 175 maybe less he was small. im not sure if he had weight reduction. A stock z06 is 3162 plus the 80-90 for the sc kit. So its not like i was racing one of those new heavy pigs. So he maybe weighed 200-250 more but thats rough guess. I knew his car ment business thou when i heard with pull up with it being straight piped and camd. I had an eery feeling!

Sweacertofara

Just bought 08 Z06

Thats what I was thinking. I just wanted to get some more opinions before I bought it. Now this might be a stupid question here, but since I got the 9V model should I get two mounts instead of one or will one be just fine for holding that light on the rifle? Bear in mind I am rough on my rifles.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Sweacertofara View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. I just wanted to get some more opinions before I bought it. Now this might be a stupid question here, but since I got the 9V model should I get two mounts instead of one or will one be just fine for holding that light on the rifle? Bear in mind I am rough on my rifles.
    ???

2011 Prius

Get 5 mounts if your rough... Why did buy a 9v....Tisk, tisk...

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sweacertofara View Post
    What does this have to do with anything?

Red
    2001 WS6

But since we this thread was brought back up i will give an update. Called them yesterday and they said the supercharger is off and the rear end is out of the car and the gears will be going in. Next the engine will be coming out and the process will be under way. May be awhile considering the holidays coming up but i am ok with that considering we just got 10 inches of snow.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    But since we this thread was brought back up i will give an update. Called them yesterday and they said the supercharger is off and the rear end is out of the car and the gears will be going in. Next the engine will be coming out and the process will be under way. May be awhile considering the holidays coming up but i am ok with that considering we just got 10 inches of snow.
    Tell them to sell the auto and buy a manual with it, lol.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Tell them to sell the auto and buy a manual with it, lol.
    I would have like to actually went with a higher stall like a 3800 but i figured i put enough into it. Come on 10's!

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I would have like to actually went with a higher stall like a 3800 but i figured i put enough into it. Come on 10's!
    Is the Corvette really a god platform for drag racing? I would think the WS6 would be better.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Is the Corvette really a god platform for drag racing? I would think the WS6 would be better.
    how do you figure? not being critical at all. i'm just curious...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information