Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Just bought 08 Z06

This is a discussion on Just bought 08 Z06 within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I remember the first time I rode and drove one, it was my buddies moms 2001 zo6. Mind you she ...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I remember the first time I rode and drove one, it was my buddies moms 2001 zo6. Mind you she paid cash for it with the insurance money she recieved when her ex husband died. But I loved that car I would actually go over wash and wax it with him then go take it out for a spin lol. amazing cars IMO

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    GM is offering 0% financing on all new Corvettes for 5 years. A decent down payment and you're in the car of your dreams. I have owned 5 F-Bodies, and can assure you that NOTHING compares to driving a Vette!
    The first Vette I was ever in was my own, I've never driven one, nor even been a passenger. I can recall exactly the moment when the sales rep said during the time we were waiting for my wife to show up at the dealership;
    "So, do ya wanna take her for a lil test drive?"
    vettes are amazing their one of the few cars that you get more for your money, they out perform cars that cost 4x as much and they also handle like a dream in the corners. My only complaint is the seats are not good for long distance trips. But its not to big of a deal I would definitely get one if I had the money.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    That is a myth. The laser reflects off of the whole car. I dunno the reason for two plates...
    Im not sure about the whole car. I researched it and the laser radar needs something to reflect it back i guess there are other parts on the car that are reflective but this is more obvious. Maybe these sites are wrong like i said i am no expert.

http://radarjammers.tv/blinder-m27-m47-x-treme.htm

Full frontal coverage on plate and headlight. That is with a jammer.
    Last edited by clint195; 09-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    that has sexual connotations. which happen to be totally legit, considering this car. OP is there a track near you or.....like wtf do you plan to do with that thing every day?! lol
    There is a track about 70miles away they had one about 40 miles away but they closed it. I would like to see what it does in the 1/4. We have the platte river bridge south of town i would like to take it over that, they say it is 1/4 mile just to get and estimat. I would do it when no one is around of course i dont want to endanger anyone just for testing out the car.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Im not sure about the whole car. I researched it and the laser radar needs something to reflect it back i guess there are other parts on the car that are reflective but this is more obvious. Maybe these sites are wrong like i said i am no expert.

http://radarjammers.tv/blinder-m27-m47-x-treme.htm

Full frontal coverage on plate and headlight. That is with a jammer.
    Yeah I had to go to a class to get certified on those things... It pretty much finds anything reflective. As long as you can keep it still it works pretty good. Those blinder things are garbage. A friend of mine has a high end one and gets a ticket about once every 6 months for speeding
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 09-12-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Never laser certified so I can't put my .02 in but was Radar certified and radar will find the densist/biggest object more times then not. Sports cars have a slight advantage with radar.

Red
    2001 WS6

Its pretty hard not to speed you barly get on it and the next thing you know your over the limit. I would like a detector but i cant see spending that much for a good one. At least not right now after spending a big chunk of my savings. I want to get back into the savings game well after i get full exhaust.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Its pretty hard not to speed you barly get on it and the next thing you know your over the limit. I would like a detector but i cant see spending that much for a good one. At least not right now after spending a big chunk of my savings. I want to get back into the savings game well after i get full exhaust.
    I personally think detectors are worthless. As long as you are smart about when and where you speed you dont need one. I would hate to have a Z06 though... the temptation would be too great.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

One of the most difficult aspects of Z06 ownership is RESTRAIN! Although mine is no where near the hp output Clint's is, it is STILL very difficult to keep from speeding.
    When you stop to think that mine (manual, Clint's is an auto) will do 130+ in 3rd gear, that is go to jail speed with 3 more gears to go!

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    One of the most difficult aspects of Z06 ownership is RESTRAIN! Although mine is no where near the hp output Clint's is, it is STILL very difficult to keep from speeding.
    When you stop to think that mine (manual, Clint's is an auto) will do 130+ in 3rd gear, that is go to jail speed with 3 more gears to go!
    If your doing 130 and see lights dont stop! LOL

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

If your doing 130 and see lights dont stop! LOL
    I dont think they even bother if your doing over a 100 now well in some places anyways

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Usually if I see someone at over 100 I dont even bother trying to catch up. There is no point. Crown Victorias are too slow. I wish ford would start putting the 315 HP mustang motor in the Police models.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro Vert Z28

Usually if I see someone at over 100 I dont even bother trying to catch up. There is no point. Crown Victorias are too slow. I wish ford would start putting the 315 HP mustang motor in the Police models.
    well they have a new 5.0 coming out suppose to have 400hp and 400lbs ft

2011 Prius

I think the Valentine one is worth it, if you do allot of highway driving, if not don't bother. There's also no need if the cops always hide in the same place.

It also helps to know how far the Helicopter's base is. Our local Helicopter is a 10 min flight from where I usually am. Plus you have to give him time to get there, quick pre flight, start up, call the towers, then his ass takes off...

But none of that matters if it's a no chase state. 100+ MPh and your not slowing down, after X amount of time... They will let you go, they do here... Unless someone robbed a bank.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

But what about radioing ahead to another Officer? Wouldn't that be one of your first lines of defense? Granted IF the culprit saw you observing him speeding, he would most likely exit soon, but if you were in your "advantage spot" (read hiding) then he/she may not have even been aware that they were spotted allowing you to counter.
    You know that old saying..."Nothing's faster than Motorola"

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I think the Valentine one is worth it, if you do allot of highway driving, if not don't bother. There's also no need if the cops always hide in the same place.

It also helps to know how far the Helicopter's base is. Our local Helicopter is a 10 min flight from where I usually am. Plus you have to give him time to get there, quick pre flight, start up, call the towers, then his ass takes off...

But none of that matters if it's a no chase state. 100+ MPh and your not slowing down, after X amount of time... They will let you go, they do here... Unless someone robbed a bank.
    Our pursuit policy is the same way. If they are obviously drunk or a danger to the public we can chase them though. Just minor traffic offenses are a no-go.

To the OP how does the car run out? Any track #'s yet?

2011 Prius

Our pursuit policy is the same way. If they are obviously drunk or a danger to the public we can chase them though. Just minor traffic offenses are a no-go.

To the OP how does the car run out? Any track #'s yet?
    Yea, I don't live far from you, lol... Now I never done this, don't plain to. Thought about it, hell yea (would be fun, but don't want to endanger anyone). Also Motorola is only good if there's lots of officers... Here, there's not so many, unless your near or in a town. Get out on the High Way, back roads, may or may not see one. If you do, probably not going to see another till the next town over. So his back up is non existent.

I don't advice this, but it's still fairly easy to out run a cop and it's been done number of times.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Yea, I don't live far from you, lol... Now I never done this, don't plain to. Thought about it, hell yea (would be fun, but don't want to endanger anyone). Also Motorola is only good if there's lots of officers... Here, there's not so many, unless your near or in a town. Get out on the High Way, back roads, may or may not see one. If you do, probably not going to see another till the next town over. So his back up is non existent.

I don't advice this, but it's still fairly easy to out run a cop and it's been done number of times.
    It is fairly easy, and has been done, but it's not worth the off chance that you get caught. Ticket<becoming a convicted felon running from the police. You can't go to jail for speeding in Florida.

2011 Prius

It is fairly easy, and has been done, but it's not worth the off chance that you get caught. Ticket<becoming a convicted felon running from the police. You can't go to jail for speeding in Florida.
    Really? That's cool to know, I thought they could take you to jail. I know, you have to appear to court for 30 over.

Red
    2001 WS6

No but i raced a 636 ninja last night 30-100 and beat it he hung for a while wasnt a long race. Then we went from 10-130 i spun to about 40 then he was a distant memory. I really need a good tire i think that is my prob. Here is a pic from power braking to 3k and letting off 117tf blackies prolly would have been longer but i almost took out a Jeep liberty. Traction seems to be a problem. Remember i have an auto with a 3200 stall. I wish i would have went with a 3800.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information