I know, i know if you have to ask its too much, but......

I recently totalled my 98' T/a that was putting down roughly 375 to the ground. I plan on getting a vette, but for now a bucket to get me from pt.A to pt.B. Im a 20 something college student going from waiting tables 25k-30k a year to a new commision based job hopefully making 50k-60k a year. What do you do and/or make annually to afford your vette plus mods? I'm curious what a comfortable salary I would have to earn to afford a vette.

Thanks for any help
    Jason

Nik

red
    2001 corvette

ha I afford mine on your waiting salary! paid 17,000 great deal and save up for mods. payments are 250 a month as long as you look around they r easily affordable!

Hows your insurance?

Nik

red
    2001 corvette

I pay 160 or so for the vette full coverage and a 97 cavalier liability only together. ha with a laundry list of tickets last ticket was 115 in a 65!

115 wow, I always wondered if Id channel my inner Steve McQueen while doing 100+ and lets say ''try not to get caught" but then I remember Oh yeah, "I'm not on a hollywood set". But you do have that 1% urge

Bowling Green Metallic
    2000, Corvette

As someone who took a 100% commission job right out of college, I can only say be wary.

It would be very unfortunate if you got the car before you had a chance to see the kind of money you'll actually be making. That being said, you sure did make good money waiting tables, IMO.

I had a few friends that right out of college they continued to wait tables. The reason was they could make more money waiting tables than if they got a 'real' job and started their career. Eventually they realized though they were making decent money now, the amount would never change in the future. Essentially making good money now while sacrificing future earnings. Also, you're not learning or developing any new skills while you work there either. But I digress.

Good to know you have the restaurant job to fall back on in case the sales job doesn't work out for you.

You can get a pretty nice Vette for $20k. Insurance rates aren't too bad on the car since only old people drive them.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

For 50K you can definitley afford a vette in the price range of $35k. You can even finder for a lot less than that on a Z06
    2007 Audi RS 4

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

my buddy has 99 with 80k for 16 so i would say yea you have to go for what you want.

black
    99 corvette

lets put it this way...im a college student with a 10 dollar an hour job and this is the first car i bought without any parental help ...i paid 20 grand and my payments are 300 a month...if you find the right deal a corvette is an extremely affordable car

Thread Information