Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you

How many of you

Drive your vettes as a daily driver? I'm wondering how they serve as a daily driver, reliability, ride quality, and wear and tear on the car itself. I will have a beater to drive in nasty weather, but being driving 4-5 days out of the week, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Nik

red
    2001 corvette

ahh I drive it 7 days a week with almost 98000 miles on it and the only problem i have is about 50% of the time the abs and traction lights kick on

primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

Our cars, just like any other production vechile, are made for daily duty.
    If my vette wasn't so modified I would drive it everyday but almost everytime you modify your car, weather its a vette or a VW, to go faster you take away some of its reliability.

Having said that I pass the same guy, every single day, in a black c6 vert on my way too and from work. I even pass him on my lunch break on occasion. I see this dude every single day in that thing no matter the weather.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Mine is my daily driver. As mentioned above, they were built to drive, not sit and collect dust.

Thanks for the reply's fellas. I'm coming out of a 2000 Mustang GT, which has been very reliable, I just wanna make sure i'm not sacraficing anything before I go out and find me a 'Vette. I'm sure once I drive one i'll fall in love and all my worries will fade away, haha.

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

score! mustang corvette good job

well here's my pickle. i can have a 96 mystic cobra, and have money left to throw a procharger on it, or i can put money down and have a c5 vette, so i'm tryin to figure out which way to go on this thing.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JDs00GT View Post
    well here's my pickle. i can have a 96 mystic cobra, and have money left to throw a procharger on it, or i can put money down and have a c5 vette, so i'm tryin to figure out which way to go on this thing.
    Corvette all the way!

oh, this is useless, because the guys on the mustang board are saying cobra all the way... hmm...

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

96 cobra over c5 corvette .... come on do u even have to think about it

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    def c5...that 96 cobra isnt gonna be too reliable once you start pushin decent psi...not a good dd, and thats what you want right?

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

oh, this is useless, because the guys on the mustang board are saying cobra all the way... hmm...
    Thats what you should expect to hear on a specific car related forum. I still say get the C5 but why dont you test drive both and get the one you like the best.

^yeah, that's what i need to do i guess. stop wasting time here at work trying to figure out what to do, and just go drive the damn things. but you guys know how it is when it comes time to get something different, you gotta go over all of it in your head to be sure you're not going to be dissatisfied 6months down the road. thanks for the great responses and sorry to waste your time.

just a little update, ran into a guy w/ an 04 tonight at the track, we talked, i poked, prodded, sat in and revved in it, and i'm sold. as soon as we close on this house next week, i'm going vette hunting, thanks for the input guys. looks like ford lost another one.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

just a little update, ran into a guy w/ an 04 tonight at the track, we talked, i poked, prodded, sat in and revved in it, and i'm sold. as soon as we close on this house next week, i'm going vette hunting, thanks for the input guys. looks like ford lost another one.
    Smart choice. I promise you wont regret it.

Black
    1998 Corvette

The only thing I would regret is if the mustang goes up in value over being a mystic. I see some with high tags... and about loosing reliability with a charger... a factory setting bolt-on wont hurt either car, helps it cause it alows the motor to breath better. I have Longtube headers with 3inch pipes all the way to my mufflers all borla and with a Manga roots blower I loose no reliabilty and I gain gas mileage with 500 RWHP. I already get 34mpg on the highway and 25mpg in town. It should do the same for a mustang but change the numbers alittle

black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I daily drive mine in everything but snow 28 miles a dy to work. It still gets close to 400 miles per tank around town lol. The T/A is just too loud to start between 10pm-7am when I'm at work lol.
    2004 CE Corvette - Stock - 12.92 @ 107
    2000 Trans Am WS6 - Ummm the paint is still stock
    Best E/T: 1.53 60ft - 11.190 @ 119
    New mods for the T/A - trans brake, 4400 stall lol
    http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...TA/avatar2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisZ06 View Post
    Smart choice. I promise you wont regret it.
    yup, thats un unbaised opinion just like all the other ones here on a vette forum

Black
    98 C5 vert

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisZ06 View Post
    Thats what you should expect to hear on a specific car related forum. I still say get the C5 but why dont you test drive both and get the one you like the best.

I feel very sure the vet will win.

Black
    1999 Corvette

I just bought my Corvette for a daily driver. I'm selling my old FoMoCo car and the Vette will be it for me. It's a 1999 with 48k miles. It's ment to be driven and that's what I will be doing.

Thread Information