Black
    2001 WS6

HELP: Corvette c5 problems

Ok I got my vette back from the shop and I have an odd problem... The headlights go up automatically almost everytime I start the car...How do I turn this off??

Also, I installed an aftermarket head unit last night, and there's a gap between the radio itself and the top of the din where it sits. Is there a way I can fix this or some plate I can use to hide the gap?

lastly, as with the radio, Do I need an antenna adapter?

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Ok I got my vette back from the shop and I have an odd problem... The headlights go up automatically almost everytime I start the car...How do I turn this off??

Also, I installed an aftermarket head unit last night, and there's a gap between the radio itself and the top of the din where it sits. Is there a way I can fix this or some plate I can use to hide the gap?

lastly, as with the radio, Do I need an antenna adapter?
    you don't say, but i'll assume, that your lights are actually coming on, not just the housings popping up. you could have something blocking the light sensor. did you try turning the twilight function off? i think it's under the options button on the right side. push it repeatedly until twilight is displayed, then pushing the reset button will turn it on or off.
    as for the stereo, i always use crutchfield because they give you any vehicle specific panels, wire harness plugs or whatever you need to make the installation right. contact them, you may be able to buy an installation kit. don't know what you may have going on with the antenna though.

Black
    2001 WS6

so twilight makes the headlights come on automatically?

black
    02 vette vert

so twilight makes the headlights come on automatically?
    yes. there is a sensor that tells them it's time to come on, usually at dusk and darker. if that's when yours are coming on it's ok. if they're coming on when it's perfectly light out there's a malfunction. i turned twilight off though. i would rather decide if i want my headlights on or not.
    and they'll come on in the garage or wherever the car is and the surrounding light level is low enough even in the daytime.
    Last edited by dklowrider; 03-23-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Black
    2001 WS6

same. i'd like to be in charge of my headlights too because of the motors and gears. thanks for the help bro, i was going nuts last night. it also has something in the options saying delay...whats that about?

black
    02 vette vert

same. i'd like to be in charge of my headlights too because of the motors and gears. thanks for the help bro, i was going nuts last night. it also has something in the options saying delay...whats that about?
    if the twighlight sensor turned your lights on, you can set a delay time for how long they stay on after you shut the ignition off. when delay is in the window, you push the fuel button to increase time and the gauge button to decrease. there should be two different delay times you can program.
    can you say over electronically engineered?

Black
    2001 WS6

lol yea just a bit. Dont get me wrong, I love all the features you can tweak with this car, but it gets a bit confusing. It's like when the motorola star tacs came out. Great fancy little cell phone, but a pain in the ass to figure out

black
    02 vette vert

lol yea just a bit. Dont get me wrong, I love all the features you can tweak with this car, but it gets a bit confusing. It's like when the motorola star tacs came out. Great fancy little cell phone, but a pain in the ass to figure out
    i'm not an expert on the car, but all the books etc. were stolen out of the one i bought and i just got a whole replacement kit. so you could say i'm freshly boned up on it.

Thread Information