92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Gotta like Indiana....

Had the Cats Removed today, we have no Inspection.

Tomorrow the Tune is coming. I just drove it after the Cats were removed and What a difference! I looked through the Cats and could not believe how much restriction there is inside them. They were clean inside but never the less I'd say about a 30% restriction. From a roll at 25 she lites them right up, from a 50 roll in 2nd it also breaks traction. The tune will further enhance it as I've been told, also gonna eliminate the 1st to 4th.
    Here is a shot as they were putting the pipes back on: (sorry Cell shot)

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sure... Rub it in

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

We have inspections/emissions, but my Z34 is exempt, and next year the Camaro will be too. Woo Hoo!
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Hey fellow Hoosier. Right with ya on the catless car. What part of IN you from?

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Originally from the Fort, but I moved to a Little town called Decatur.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post
    Originally from the Fort, but I moved to a Little town called Decatur.
    Ah OK. Been out that way kinda a few times. I live in NW IN, but have been to EPP a few times in Columbia City and had my transmission built by RPM transmission out that way.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

I used to go to Valpo a lot, and the Lake County Festival was always nice.
    Is there a strip over your way? Closest one to me is Muncie.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Ah OK. Been out that way kinda a few times. I live in NW IN, but have been to EPP a few times in Columbia City and had my transmission built by RPM transmission out that way.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I used to go to Valpo a lot, and the Lake County Festival was always nice.
    Is there a strip over your way? Closest one to me is Muncie.
    Not really close. We either hit Rt 66 in Joliet or US41 Dragway. That's about an hour straight south of me. Valpo is right next door to where I am.

The weekend of Oct 3/4 me and a couple buddies are going to US41 Dragway if the weather is permitting. I haven't run my car down there since I had all my mods done, so it should be interesting. Hoping to pull mid 12's with a good launch.

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Not really close. We either hit Rt 66 in Joliet or US41 Dragway. That's about an hour straight south of me. Valpo is right next door to where I am.

The weekend of Oct 3/4 me and a couple buddies are going to US41 Dragway if the weather is permitting. I haven't run my car down there since I had all my mods done, so it should be interesting. Hoping to pull mid 12's with a good launch.
    I sold my old race car to a fellow in Valpo. Was a Red 63 Dodge has "Tuff Enuff" air brushed on doors. Have u ever seen it up there??
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/starstrucked7/drag10b-75-1.jpg

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.55 @ 118.12 mph

99 Vette Mag Red * 99 Vette Nassau Blue
    93 Vette 40th formerly owned by Billy Ray Cyrus 10K miles 4 sale
    99 Trans Am WS6 6 speed * 01 CTS Caddy
    00 Custom Chopper 113ci

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Man that sounds like a good time. The Launch is what it's all about, well reaction time means almost as much, if your snoozing even more. About 10 years ago there was a Strip in Avilla, ever heard of it?

On another note... I GOT MY TUNE TODAY!

I did not know what to expect after removing the Cats Friday it had already seemed as if a Sleeping Giant had arisen. Wholly Shit what a fricken Difference! The few things that he did do to it that actually made sense to me was: removed the 1st to 4th skip shift, released the MPH cap, Raised red line to 6200 before it shuts off, cycled the fans longer to keep the motor cooler, and the rest pretty much went over my head.

O.K. so Rick from RPM Engineering came by and picked it up around 11:30 this morning. At 12:45 he returned it and said man that's one Fast Ass Vette. He said it was Quick before, and surprised him being stock. We talked about the History of the car and I told him that it was GM owned for the first five years in Detroit. He said being Corporate Owned may be why it seemed Faster. Made Sense but Anyways my next MOD needs to be: Applying RWHP to Pavement. A "Good Launch" says it all.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Man that sounds like a good time. The Launch is what it's all about, well reaction time means almost as much, if your snoozing even more. About 10 years ago there was a Strip in Avilla, ever heard of it?

On another note... I GOT MY TUNE TODAY!

I did not know what to expect after removing the Cats Friday it had already seemed as if a Sleeping Giant had arisen. Wholly Shit what a fricken Difference! The few things that he did do to it that actually made sense to me was: removed the 1st to 4th skip shift, released the MPH cap, Raised red line to 6200 before it shuts off, cycled the fans longer to keep the motor cooler, and the rest pretty much went over my head.

O.K. so Rick from RPM Engineering came by and picked it up around 11:30 this morning. At 12:45 he returned it and said man that's one Fast Ass Vette. He said it was Quick before, and surprised him being stock. We talked about the History of the car and I told him that it was GM owned for the first five years in Detroit. He said being Corporate Owned may be why it seemed Faster. Made Sense but Anyways my next MOD needs to be: Applying RWHP to Pavement. A "Good Launch" says it all.
    Yeah. I hear ya on that one. When I just has exhaust on the car, it sounded OK. Well, when I got the cats removed and had my Kooks 1-7/8" LTs installed, all I can say is HOLY HELL. The car sounds sick now. I love it. It's amazing what all they can do with a tune.

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Well, when I got the cats removed and had my Kooks 1-7/8" LTs installed, all I can say is HOLY HELL. The car sounds sick now. I love it. It's amazing what all they can do with a tune.
    That's how I was. I purchased Kooks 1-3/4" LTs for the Camaro, catless with true duals, then had Frost Mail Order Tune it. I thought the car was pretty fast stock, but now if your aren't completely in a straight line, when WOT, when the A4 shifts from 1 to 2nd the car will step out, but I love that.. and it sounds mean as hell.

Z34LS1, The Vette sounds like its pretty nice, I absolutely love the C5's and plan on getting one eventually. Btw, I'm only like 12 miles from you!

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    That's how I was. I purchased Kooks 1-3/4" LTs for the Camaro, catless with true duals, then had Frost Mail Order Tune it. I thought the car was pretty fast stock, but now if your aren't completely in a straight line, when WOT, when the A4 shifts from 1 to 2nd the car will step out, but I love that.. and it sounds mean as hell.

Z34LS1, The Vette sounds like its pretty nice, I absolutely love the C5's and plan on getting one eventually. Btw, I'm only like 12 miles from you!

No Shit! Heck I go through Hoagland and stop at Tiny Town all the time. The Derby was Great a few weeks ago to!

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

No Shit! Heck I go through Hoagland and stop at Tiny Town all the time. The Derby was Great a few weeks ago to!
    Unfortunately I missed the derby this year, I had to work both nights, but yep! I live just a little outside of Hoagland, closer towards 27. I go down to Decatur sometimes as well, mostly for work, but Bodies Exhaust did my old car down there!

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    Unfortunately I missed the derby this year, I had to work both nights, but yep! I live just a little outside of Hoagland, closer towards 27. I go down to Decatur sometimes as well, mostly for work, but Bodies Exhaust did my old car down there!
    Have you been to Decatur Lately? Bodies is behind me, I have the PowerSports Place right in front of him. Shaffer Corvette is next to me on one side and Taco Bell on the other. Jeff at Bodies is my friend, he's done all my exhaust in the last 10 years.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Qwk Vet View Post
    I sold my old race car to a fellow in Valpo. Was a Red 63 Dodge has "Tuff Enuff" air brushed on doors. Have u ever seen it up there??
    I haven't been to the track in several years. I don't ever recall seeing that car, but I'll sure be on the look for it now that I know. If I see it, I'll let you know how it runs these days.

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Have you been to Decatur Lately? Bodies is behind me, I have the PowerSports Place right in front of him. Shaffer Corvette is next to me on one side and Taco Bell on the other. Jeff at Bodies is my friend, he's done all my exhaust in the last 10 years.
    I was down there about 3 weeks ago. I know exactly where you're talking about though. Jeff Does great work, and I've always told people where I've had the work done. He did my buddy's old 93 Camaro, his Blazer and then his Celica then he worked on my Monte Carlo as well.

Thread Information