Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Got hit today...

This is a discussion on Got hit today... within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thanks guys and sorry to hear about all your accidents as well just heard back from my ins. comp about ...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    thanks guys and sorry to hear about all your accidents as well just heard back from my ins. comp about an hour ago i have to take it to a shop near me that they deal with to get a estimate but can get the car fixed where ever i want but i think i have to pay my deduct. then when i get the police report next week fax it to my ins. comp and they then go after the truckers ins. for reinbursement of the cost of repair and my deduct refunded back to me. so i have to come out of pocket to have it fixed for now

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    BUT be careful how your insurance rates you, I know because i tried to switch to all state, they said i had one AT fault ( which i do) and one NOT at fault, and because i had a total of 2 claims and was insuring one vehicle they refused to even give me a quote.
    thanks for the heads up on this i will def keep an eye on that.

  3. #23
    Member hoss 2000 z-28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    797

    Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

    What a horrible story! Just stay cool though, this will straighten out. Insurance is there for a reason. Oh, about the NOT your fault claims... yes, my woman was rear-eneded ('94 V6 Camaro) at a light and her insurance premiums took a hit as a result which is total BS.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    What a horrible story! Just stay cool though, this will straighten out. Insurance is there for a reason. Oh, about the NOT your fault claims... yes, my woman was rear-eneded ('94 V6 Camaro) at a light and her insurance premiums took a hit as a result which is total BS.
    yea im cool now lol at the moment it happened was a diff story. but def going to keep an eye on my insurance after this all clears up

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Mind if i ask who each of you are insured with? Hoss, & Jrocs00Z28. 25 helps on ins but after any accident.

    My not at fault was a slick day on the interstate the lady in front of me tapped her brakes on a very slick seciton of road spun the car back around into me and put me into the guard rail in a 97 grand am GT. ( owned since new perfect condition car) I am waiting for another year or so to buy a good car so my premiums will be down. on the AT fault i had. involving a 2005 G6 Now mitigated to a 1995 grand marquis for insurance purposes.. it's a boat but damn is it comfortable.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Mind if i ask who each of you are insured with? Hoss, & Jrocs00Z28. 25 helps on ins but after any accident.

    My not at fault was a slick day on the interstate the lady in front of me tapped her brakes on a very slick seciton of road spun the car back around into me and put me into the guard rail in a 97 grand am GT. ( owned since new perfect condition car) I am waiting for another year or so to buy a good car so my premiums will be down. on the AT fault i had. involving a 2005 G6 Now mitigated to a 1995 grand marquis for insurance purposes.. it's a boat but damn is it comfortable.
    i have Wade its a personal insurance comp. thats based out in PA. got set up with them through the salesmen i bought the car from. the premium was a little high i know i can get cheaper rates from other comps. so i will make a decision on that when this is all over

  7. #27
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by jrocs00z28 View Post
    thanks guys and sorry to hear about all your accidents as well just heard back from my ins. comp about an hour ago i have to take it to a shop near me that they deal with to get a estimate but can get the car fixed where ever i want but i think i have to pay my deduct. then when i get the police report next week fax it to my ins. comp and they then go after the truckers ins. for reinbursement of the cost of repair and my deduct refunded back to me. so i have to come out of pocket to have it fixed for now
    Thats odd, I had some woman Run over the front of my car in her Expedition. Then gets out and says Oh wow, Im sorry i wasnt even paying attention. I just looked at her and got so mad it was unreal.
    But anywho, I called my insurance company and i did have full coverage and they offered to fix it but i told them no i would go through the woman's insurance company that hit me. And so i did, It took a week of calling three times a day but about 2 weeks later i got a check For a couple grand. I didnt have to pay a dime. I dont understand why you would have to pay upfront for it. I guess every company is different thou.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  8. #28
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    glad youre ok man, and definately crappy that happened to you. sounds like it will work out in your favor, but i understand the anger and frustration...

    i was out on vacation and returned to work this past wednesday, low and behold i had 2 different co-workers tell me some guy parked 2' into my space and was all up on the front end of my SS. turns out the same guy drove 2 different volvos into the front end of my car twice in the same day (this past wednesday)...



  9. #29
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    ^ Thats a true idiot right there! I am pissed off now and its not even my car!! So many people have NO respect for other peoples cars-its sickening. Thats why I cant fully enjoy my car-cause of stuff like this. Even if you park a mile from the store its still not safe. I watch people let go of shopping carts that roll into other cars all the time. Too many ignorant people in this world. If that was my SS-I would have waited till that guy came out and asked WTF his problem was.

  10. #30
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    I noticed you even take the time to find a parking spot that has concreate poles on each side to protect the SS ,but still -some idiot hits the front.

  11. #31
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    glad youre ok man, and definately crappy that happened to you. sounds like it will work out in your favor, but i understand the anger and frustration...

    i was out on vacation and returned to work this past wednesday, low and behold i had 2 different co-workers tell me some guy parked 2' into my space and was all up on the front end of my SS. turns out the same guy drove 2 different volvos into the front end of my car twice in the same day (this past wednesday)...

    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    OMG!!!!!! i wanna fucking fight them looking at that...i mean are you fucking serious!?!??! what an asshole

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    glad youre ok man, and definately crappy that happened to you. sounds like it will work out in your favor, but i understand the anger and frustration...

    i was out on vacation and returned to work this past wednesday, low and behold i had 2 different co-workers tell me some guy parked 2' into my space and was all up on the front end of my SS. turns out the same guy drove 2 different volvos into the front end of my car twice in the same day (this past wednesday)...

    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    damn what an ass and i would have also waited for him to show up at his car

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Man sorry for your SS... time to buy a big F'n truck and park IN his volvo!

    So my father and I have an appointment with an accountant we cancel for 2 days because of snow. we go and there is stuff he "has" to get from wal-mart knowing it was going to be wall to wall idiots who had been cooped up all day and dragging their kids along So I stay in the car, He parks in a handicapped spot. (he is elderly still drives good and nitpicks me so he drives, we are all happier) while i am sitting there this lady drives in... centers into the BIG YELLOW POLE!!!!!!! i'm looking at her face because i KNOW she's gonna hit it.. he expression never changes, she puts it in reverse, and backs up 6" gets out and goes in.

    How the hell do these people live with themselves.

    If I were you i would do NOTHING out of pocket they should collect it ALL from the other persons Insurance. you rarely get money back... the most I would possibly do is the deductible which I think was all you were going to lay out from reading your post.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    yea just my deductable i am not paying anything else and i am going to push the issue that i get reinbursed for it

  15. #35
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Man sorry for your SS... time to buy a big F'n truck and park IN his volvo!

    So my father and I have an appointment with an accountant we cancel for 2 days because of snow. we go and there is stuff he "has" to get from wal-mart knowing it was going to be wall to wall idiots who had been cooped up all day and dragging their kids along So I stay in the car, He parks in a handicapped spot. (he is elderly still drives good and nitpicks me so he drives, we are all happier) while i am sitting there this lady drives in... centers into the BIG YELLOW POLE!!!!!!! i'm looking at her face because i KNOW she's gonna hit it.. he expression never changes, she puts it in reverse, and backs up 6" gets out and goes in.

    How the hell do these people live with themselves.

    If I were you i would do NOTHING out of pocket they should collect it ALL from the other persons Insurance. you rarely get money back... the most I would possibly do is the deductible which I think was all you were going to lay out from reading your post.

    The part about your Dad driving brought back memories for me-I used to do the same thing! hahaha

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    The part about your Dad driving brought back memories for me-I used to do the same thing! hahaha
    yeah. no matter what you do it's


    SSwt00SS what is going on with your poor baby.

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    13

    Bowling Green Metallic
    2000, Corvette

    First of all, just looking at the damage, there is no freaking way merely rolling back and hitting someone would do that kind of carnage. Even your rear quarter panel is smashed not to mention the rear bumper piece! What a poser!! So sorry this happened to you.

    I would push the issue that the guy lied to the LEO, which I believe is a felony in most states. So is a hit and run (couldn't tell if the guy tried to drive off in your story or not). I would call the officer and see if anything can be done from his side about it, more than likely the officer will not give a crap but at least you tried.

    If I were you, I would not go through your own insurance at this point. Go directly through his. This is what I've always done except the one time the idiot that hit me was uninsured. Trying to get money back is always hard.

    I would also let his insurance company know about him lying to the cop and making false statments to his boss. In short, it is likely the insurance company will get back to the Business owner and he might be forced to fire this jerk if he wants to keep his business insured.


    One day I had some painters doing work at our house. They had to move their van so I could leave that morning for work. I watched the guy back his van straight into my neighbor's car. He knew he did it as he got out and inspected the damage, which I could plainly see was scuffed up from 50 feet away. When I got to work I called my neighbor to see if the guy had contacted them. Nope. So I gave them the painter's contact information and talked to the foreman when I got home. The low life never bothered to tell anyone about it, probably in the hopes no one would know. Maybe back in Mexico that stuff was okay, but not here. Of course the guy probably never took a driver's test or even has a license here. His boss was pretty pissed as he had to pay over $500 out of pocket and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't listed as a driver on their insurance policy. It pisses me off when people don't take responsibility for their actions!!

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    127

    Pewter
    2000 Corvette

    thanks and he didn't try to leave after the second time he hit me is when i was able to get out of my car and he was literally stuck behind me in my car so he wasn't going anywhere. i have to call tomorrow the plice report should be ready so i can see how they wrote it up and i didn't get any quotes done yet so my ins. hasn't paid anything. So at this point of getting the report tomorrow if it's done i will prob go straight after his ins.and not have mine pay anything. and then look for reinbursement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The SS is gone today
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 07:52 PM
  2. Got a new toy today.
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
  3. Today's UFC
    By pecha in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
  4. ses came on today ?
    By t-rock in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 08:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •