Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

Unhappy Got hit today...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well as the title says i got hit today in the Vette. Some asshole in a dump truck decided i needed a little help around the corner at a red light. i saw him stop really close to the back of my car and i was watching him in the mirror i looked forward for a split second to see if anymore cars where making the left turn coming towards us and i felt him hit me. then as three cars are still turning our light turns green and he decideds to let the clutch out and hit the gas. Needless to say i was still in front of him not able to move out of the way or avoid him cause the other cars still turning. then he has the nerve to tell the cops that i rolled back into him i said fuck you my car is an Automatic and not a stick so there is no way in hell your trying to pin this on me. all the blame and fault is on you.and he told the cops he didn't see me and thought he hit the curb thats why he kept going. i was so pissed off but now finally cooling down. busted my ass for 6 years and finally get the car i've always wanted and three weeks later this shit happens go figure. Not alot of damage cause he wasn't going that fast but def. going to need a new rear quarter panel,the whole bumper replaced. anyways sorry for the long post just had to rant. here are some pics.
    Last edited by jrocs00z28; 08-23-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I feel your pain it really sucks, This year I have had 2 wrecks

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

thanks man and im pretty sure i read bout yours before if def does suck

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by jrocs00z28 View Post
    thanks man and im pretty sure i read bout yours before if def does suck

sure does when it not your fault and somebody trys to get out of it.......my last one I was so mad I wanted to hurt somebody but kept my cool

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

What year is your vette?

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. What a lieing SOB I hate liars, talk to the cop see what you can do to "f" up his world. If he told the cop that he lied to a police officer, which is illegal, then changed his story..... make sure you go to the doctors and get checked out, the expensive ones! was he driving for hire. his boss should know.

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

oh trust me it took all i could not to rip the guy out of the truck. after he hit me and saw me standing out of the car he leans out the pass. side window and said "what are you doing" i was like hello asshole you just hit me and your trucks wheel well is stuck in my car

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

its a 2000 Vette and his boss does know his work was literally around the corner from where he hit me and his boss showed up and i heard the story he was trying to tell his boss i hung up my phone and told his boss the real story i'm ok it was prob like a 5 mph hit but 5 mph to much

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by jrocs00z28 View Post
    its a 2000 Vette and his boss does know his work was literally around the corner from where he hit me and his boss showed up and i heard the story he was trying to tell his boss i hung up my phone and told his boss the real story i'm ok it was prob like a 5 mph hit but 5 mph to much
    its hard to have something nice....always sombody there to mess it up that dont care

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

that it is my bro in law was trying to be funny and said "he must be a ford owner" lol as long as i don't have to pay anything

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

and i heard today that someone keyed my mom's rental car cause her car is still in the shop getting repaired from two weeks ago when she got hit

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Beat His Ass!!!!!!

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

they say carmas a bitch i'm sure someday something will happen

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

sometimes when things like this happens you can do some of the labor and have a little to spend else where on your car.

primer
    93 GEO *limited edition*

man that sucks. at least the police report will show that it wasn't your fault. let us know how it all works out with your insurance.

Pewter
    2000 Corvette

thanks yea thats def a good thing that the police report will show it's not my fault at all and i've been on hold with my ins. comp for half hour already good thing i took off from work today gonna be on hold alot

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

BUT be careful how your insurance rates you, I know because i tried to switch to all state, they said i had one AT fault ( which i do) and one NOT at fault, and because i had a total of 2 claims and was insuring one vehicle they refused to even give me a quote.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I feel your pain. My car got hit 48hrs after owning it! The asshole(like the guy that hit you) tried blaming me and saying my car was too low!? I just about killed the guy at that point. Luckily my friend was with me to keep me back. Lucky for you though, the guy who hit you probably has insurance, unlike the dumbass that hit me. Now i have to pay my $500 deductable to get my car fixed.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

Red
    2001 ws6

if some1 hit my car and tried to blame it on me id be in jail right now

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Sucks man

Hopefully she comes back good as new.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I backed out of my driveway after a 18 wheeler passed by and the road was clear. As I was backing out I look to my left and to my horror the 18 wheeler was now driving in reverse and slammed into the drivers side of my car. I tried to pull back in my driveway to avoid being hit but it was too late. I couldnt believe it. The cop said it was my fault for not yeilding to the right of way!!! MF!!!! I couldnt believe it-the cop was like 21. I talked to another cop that arrived on the scene and he said he would have never written the report up as my fault and agreed it was BS BUT he couldnt take over the report because of stepping on toes. I came very close to jail that day. 18 wheeler driver had no license /no insurance etc. Unlike your car mine was totaled BUT it was a GEO-still was pissed though. Hope you get it fixed like new!

Thread Information