Black
    2000 trans am

Gf's dad is looking to buy a vette

Hes looking at two different vettes. Both 2002 targa tops. Ive got a ton of pics and im sorry for the long post. Just wondering what you guys think of each one. The Black one is $19,900 and the Red is at $18,900. We havent seen these cars in person yet, and Im wondering what all we should be looking for. Going by the pics they are both super clean.

Pics of the red vette will come later.

What's the mileage and both are clean title?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Black
    2000 trans am

yeah both titles are clean. mileage for this one is shown in the first pic. 43690. the other is around 61k
    Last edited by imprtkillr2810; 06-06-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Black
    2000 trans am

Here is the other one he is looking at

Prices are a little high. I've seen z06 cars in that budgetbwith the mileage

Black
    2000 trans am

The black one books on KBB private party value of $20,829 in fair condition. Both of them look to be in pretty good condition.

Anyway im not asking if the prices are high or not. Going by the pics I want to know what we should be looking for problem wise when we go to look at them this weekend.

Look for the paint not to match in some spots and check in the sunlight if the paint has any orange Peel from body work. Check for the normal ls motor maintaince. Check the fenders for any popping on the bottoms from inpropper jacking.

Check interior for headlight switch make sure it works as does the blinkers

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Sounds funny but operate everything in the car, windshield wipers, windshield washers, all the speakers, anything power (seats, mirrors, windows, locks etc) ensure rear hatch releases fully, all the lights (don't forget marjer and plate lights), heat and a/c. Also if your GF's dad is up to it see if the dealer will allow you to have a third party shop run a safety inspection on it to see if any issues pop up. Id also run some water over the top to see if the weatherstripping leaks or not on the targa.
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 A-4:
    Volant CAI, BBK LTs, BBK ORY, SLP LM2, FROST Tune, A/C Heat Delete, AIR Delete

Black
    2000 trans am

Thanks guys! Is there anything on the interior that these cars are known to have problems with? I know that the Trans ams and Camaros have problems with the cracks on the doors and what not. Anything like that with the vettes?

Black
    1999 Corvette

These look good.

This could be from a recent oil change, but the pipe near the cat looks wet for some reason. Hopefully not an oil leak. The oil pressure sensors die in these a lot and sometimes it leaks if not changed. It happened to me. Make sure that works.

Black
    1999 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 View Post
    Thanks guys! Is there anything on the interior that these cars are known to have problems with? I know that the Trans ams and Camaros have problems with the cracks on the doors and what not. Anything like that with the vettes?
    A common issue is for the door panel to separate where the arm rests. These look good. It will happen eventually though.

Another one is the side bolster tends to wear where the driver gets in and hits it. Again these look good. The bottom is worn, but expected from the low quality seats. Seat skin replacements are all over.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Turn the radio up to check for blown speakers before starting the car and then cut the radio off when driving to listen for any weird noises. I am at work, so no pictures loaded, but if they are manual, make sure they shift smoothly and each gear grips well. Other than that, like someone posted, just look at the paint for spider webbing and rust underneath. Look at the fluids if they are at the right level/color. Just the normal stuff basically and look at the car fax for the locations/environment that these cars were mainly at.

Black
    1999 Corvette

Just thought of another one. Both have the dual climate control option. A common issue is the display (outside temp and settings) will show dim or not at all. It's an easy fix so no worries if something is wrong.

Black
    2000 trans am

Again thanks for all the info guys. Thats what i like so much about this site. So many helpful people that actually know what they are talking about

Thread Information