Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Friend has $10k to spend...

This is a discussion on Friend has $10k to spend... within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Not sure, haven't done too much research yet. What's the big difference?...

Black
    1998 Corvette

Not sure, haven't done too much research yet. What's the big difference?

Velocity Yellow
    2006 E-Force blown Z06

Get the procharger. Upgrade your clutch, get a good set of headers, and have it professionally tuned. Your car will be like stock until you smash the go pedal and you should have around 450-475 hp at the wheels. Get a decent guage package and monitor your a/f ratio and fuel pressure. You will be fine. I went with a A&A Procharger system along with a blower head/cam package and I'm at 560hp at the wheels. The cam isn't too radical and the wife can drive it anywhere. Very fun and conservatively tuned. I upgraded my suspension with Z06 pieces and went with Hotchkis swaybars. Whatever you do, have fun! Good luck!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BlownC5 View Post
    Get the procharger. Upgrade your clutch, get a good set of headers, and have it professionally tuned. Your car will be like stock until you smash the go pedal and you should have around 450-475 hp at the wheels. Get a decent guage package and monitor your a/f ratio and fuel pressure. You will be fine. I went with a A&A Procharger system along with a blower head/cam package and I'm at 560hp at the wheels. The cam isn't too radical and the wife can drive it anywhere. Very fun and conservatively tuned. I upgraded my suspension with Z06 pieces and went with Hotchkis swaybars. Whatever you do, have fun! Good luck!
    A man with a plan right here. I'd follow it word for word.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    So the stock vette rear and trans will hold up to having a supercharged motor?
    Yep. People on the Corvette Forum have several with a supercharger and no problems.

What psi are you putting out? A procharger with the right heads/cam will make a lot more than 560 to the wheels. Im making 460rwhp with just a heads/cam package, obviously I also have a full exhaust and CAI as well but no FAST intake. I have a friend with a '03 Z06 that had a procharger on it and he was making around 520rwhp with just it and LG longtubes.

Velocity Yellow
    2006 E-Force blown Z06

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisZ06 View Post

What psi are you putting out? A procharger with the right heads/cam will make a lot more than 560 to the wheels. Im making 460rwhp with just a heads/cam package, obviously I also have a full exhaust and CAI as well but no FAST intake. I have a friend with a '03 Z06 that had a procharger on it and he was making around 520rwhp with just it and LG longtubes.
    8psi and its conservatively tuned. It was in the 590s with more timing. This has a modest blower cam/cnc head package.

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

8psi and its conservatively tuned. It was in the 590s with more timing. This has a modest blower cam/cnc head package.
    is a cam required w/ a blower or can you get by with just headers and a tune like some1 mentioned before?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

is a cam required w/ a blower or can you get by with just headers and a tune like some1 mentioned before?
    No you don't need a cam, just like we don't need sports cars

Velocity Yellow
    2006 E-Force blown Z06

Cam isn't needed, stock is fine and should put you at 475-500 rwhp.

Have him give me a call or email i will get him setup exactly how he wants. Fran@raceprovenmotorsports.net

Quote Originally Posted by Frans96ss View Post
    Have him give me a call or email i will get him setup exactly how he wants. Fran@raceprovenmotorsports.net
    Your 8 second vette is BADA$$.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information