Black
    99 WS6

FOB not recognized

my 05 vette is having a problem recognizing my fob when I get in to start it. I replaced the fob battery and it still does it. Any ideas what to look at next.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JR99RamAir View Post
    my 05 vette is having a problem recognizing my fob when I get in to start it. I replaced the fob battery and it still does it. Any ideas what to look at next.
    Did you try resetting the fob? It tells you how in the manual. Not sure if its the same as my 08.

Does this help?

Condition
    Some customers may comment about a temporary no start condition with a "No Remote Detected" or "No Fobs Detected" or No Fob Detected" message on the DIC.

Electrical Interference Concern
    Certain brands of cell phone chargers may produce electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI) that can disrupt the electrical systems within the vehicle. This interference may cause a no start condition with a "No Remote Detected" message on the DIC. The interference created by the use of these chargers may be intermittent and random. The concern may be present with or without the phone connected to the charger.

Disconnect the cell phone charger from the vehicle and evaluate the customer concern. If the concern is corrected, advise the customer that OEM cell phone chargers, provided by the cell phone manufacturer, typically have additional filtering to eliminate this type of interference. Avoid the use of low quality charging devices.

Notice: This type of interference may be encountered with charging devices for cell phones, MP3 players, GPS units, DVD Players, etc. The device does not need to be plugged into the charger to create this interference, only the charger need be plugged into the 12 volt power point of the vehicle. Moving the key fob away from the charger as far as possible may correct the condition.

Important: Placing the transmitter in the transmitter pocket (found in the console storage area or I/P storage compartment on Corvette/XLR) will allow the vehicle to start even under interference conditions.

Condition/Concern:
    A no crank, no start condition with a Driver Information Center (DIC) message that displays "No FOB Detected" can be caused by a low battery state of charge (SOC). The Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) will not function if the battery SOC is below 9V.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Check the battery state of charge and if low, diagnose the cause of the weak battery prior to performing any other repairs.

From the GM shop manual:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Fob Not Detected
    Step
    Action
    Yes
    No

Schematic Reference: Keyless Entry Schematics

Did you perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle?
    Go to Step 2
    Go to Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle Vehicle DTC Information

Important: This condition may be caused by a low vehicle battery voltage. If the battery is not sufficiently charged (above 10 volts), the system will have difficulties detecting the fob and the NO FOBS DETECTED message will be displayed. Correct the low battery voltage condition to eliminate this condition.

With a valid key fob, attempt to start the vehicle.

Is the NO FOB DETECTED message displayed on the driver information center (DIC)?
    Go to Step 3
    Go to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems

Exit the vehicle with the key fob.
    Lock the vehicle.
    Attempt to enter both the driver and passenger doors passively with the key fob.
    Are you able to enter the vehicle from both doors?
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Keyless Entry System Inoperative

Important: Areas of high radio frequency (RF) traffic may cause an intermittent NO FOB DETECTED message. This is a normal condition. If the vehicle is parked in an area of high RF traffic, move vehicle before continuing with diagnostics.

Move the key fob to various places within the vehicle and attempt to start.

Does the vehicle start?
    System OK
    Go to Step 5

Place the key fob in the limp home pocket located in the glove box with the buttons facing right.
    Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF, by pressing and holding the ACC button for 5 seconds.
    Connect a scan tool to the vehicle.
    Check vehicle for any DTCs.
    Were any DTCs found?
    Go to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information
    Go to Step 6

Important:

• The voltage signal sent by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) to the passive antenna is a AC voltage signal. The DMM must be set on AC voltage setting to record the voltage pulse to the passive antenna.

• Use a DMM to record the voltage pulse, using the MIN MAX setting to capture the AC voltage pulse to the passive antenna.

• The ignition start button must be pressed to produce the voltage pulse to the passive antenna.

Turn OFF the ignition.
    Disconnect the keyless entry antenna - back-up.
    With the DMM, measure/capture for an AC voltage signal between the keyless entry antenna power circuit and the ground circuit.
    Attempt to start the vehicle.
    Was an AC voltage signal captured on the DMM?
    Go to Step 8
    Go to Step 7

Test both the keyless entry antenna - back-up power and ground circuit for an open or short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 9

Inspect for poor connections at the keyless entry antenna - back-up. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 10

Inspect for poor connections at the RCDLR. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 11

Replace the keyless entry antenna - back-up. Refer to Ignition Lock Key Transmitter Antenna Replacement - Instrument Panel .

Did you complete the replacement?
    Go to Step 12
    --

Replace the RCDLR. Refer to Control Module References in Computer/Integrating Systems for replacement, setup, and programming.

Did you complete the replacement?
    Go to Step 11
    --

Operate the system in order to verify the repair.

Did you correct the condition?
    System OK
    Go to Step 2

Black
    99 WS6

Great info!! Thanks, I am betting it is the new "cheap" cell phone charger I just bought. I will remove it and see if it fixes the issue and report back.

Thread Information