Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Exhaust Valve Bypass

I understand there is a simple fuse we can remove to keep the valves open at all times, can anyone shed a little light on this for me please? I have seen the modules for about $100.00 that you mount in the car that gives you the ability to open and close them at your discretion, I'm not interested in one of those, I just want them open all the time. I have no clue as to where this "fuse" is located. Thanks in advance!

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

-98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thanks Tony, that was very helpful! I'm looking forward to doing it tomorrow when I get off work. The car needs to sound a bit more aggressive than it does, in my opinion.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

From what I've read/heard it sounds really good with the valves open all the time.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Granted, I just went from a modded LS6 motored 2001 SS Camaro with LT headers going into a 3" Loud Mouth II system to this nice and tidy Z06, but it's so quiet that I feel as if she's not even running! I promised myself I wasn't going to mod this car, and for the time being, I'm going to try to stick to my own word. She doesn't even have a 1,000 miles yet!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Took the car to the "Computer Doctor" today to get rid of the Skip-Shift Eliminator in the ECU as well as to see if we can overide the Module that controls the exhaust valves.
    No luck on the Module, but while we had her in the air he noticed that a VERY simple unplugging of the vacuum line that comes from the front of the car, and into a rear cannister, then up behind the rear bumper (the cannister is located under the car then near the battery tray)would accomplish the same thing. It was very easy to see with the car 8 feet in the air, it wouldn't be so easy with a floor jack, but do able.
    Anyway, he said; "Let's try it" so we did, and ta-da!
    It works perfectly...Not one dollar spent, and you can change it back anytime you want to, and it sounds MUCH MUCH better! Did I mention that it sounds better?
    You simply disconnect the line from the cannister that feeds the two solenoids that are located on top of the mufflers..but you're only going to remove ONE air line, then a little air will go pssst. Then just cap them [2] with a little rubber cap and zip tie them, and you're done.
    If enough people respond to this, and they are going to do this, then I will jack the car up, take a bunch of pics and post them. Showing exactly what you need to do. It literally will take you longer to get your jack out and get the car in the air, then to do the mod.

murdered out 06 z06

mine has this exhaust mod done and it is too quiet still

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I guess I shoulda been a bit more clear...it IS too quiet for a 505HP car...but coming from a near 500HP Camaro with LT headers going into a SLP Loud Mouth 1 then eventually changing that into a Loud Mouth 2 due to the ridiculous amount of noise when I leave to go to work at 2AM, then getting into this sterile Z06 with NO exhaust sound whatsoever...this is at the very least...some improvement. I now know the car is running! It sounds (no pun) like you're going to go with an aftermarket system, or a Cat-back soon, but as for me..I think I'll leave mine alone for now...
    I'd be more tempted to drop mine like yours than anything else. Your ride looks sweet!

Thread Information