Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

corvette sales are down !!

This is a discussion on corvette sales are down !! within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman i think it has to do with the fact that they took something special and ...

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i think it has to do with the fact that they took something special and unique to the z06 ...and slapped it on a base vette and charged z06 price range..
    pretty much sums it up right there.

did anyone see the carbon edition z06 for 2011?
    Last edited by issues; 08-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    pretty much sums it up right there.

did anyone see the carbon edition z06 for 2011?
    yup..kind of disappointed in the "weight savings" ...barely anything..much more for looks

murdered out 06 z06

will be pricey too. i'd rather have a zr1 anyway.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

you know the c7 is coming soon ? the C1 was produced 19531962 then 19631967 for the C2...C3 1968-1982..the C4 1983-1996 and 97-2004 for the c5...so 7-9 years isnt out of the ordinary
    Please show me a picture of a 1983 Corvette....that was the year it didn't get made?

victory red
    2007 zo6

i think i seen one #1,! at corvette museum !! corvettes went from 1982 corvettes, to 1984 cross-fire powered .. c/3 were 1968 to 1982. c/4 were 1984 to 1996 ..c/5 were 97 to 2004.. c/6 2005 -2011.. not sure when we will see a c-7 ? first year corvettes were 1953-1962 were called c/1.. c/2 are were 63 to 67 .. i had a 1967 big block conv.. what a beast !! loved 3 carbs/torque/ sidepipes were legal and loud !! took my brother for a ride, and he said how is this legal to be on the road !! rkvette

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Please show me a picture of a 1983 Corvette....that was the year it didn't get made?
    look at a lot of the 84 models that were made in march of 83 ......they never stopped production of the vettes for a year or such...but you are correct..there is no 83 vette...but if a vette is made march of 83..i consider it a 83 ..actually maybe they were produced even earlier than march..i cant remember

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    as you requested

Ray Charles blue

i think it has to do with the fact that they took something special and unique to the z06 ...and slapped it on a base vette and charged z06 price range..
    Hate to say this but I think you would be wrong in your assumptions.

The LS3 in the GS is hand built (I believe in the same place as the Z06s engine) and proves to make more power than the normal NON hand built LS3 engines.....granted this in the 6-speed versions. I believe the auto gets the usual run of the mill LS3. Also there are a lot of suspension upgrades from the base Corvette. If I could have one I would....lol

look at a lot of the 84 models that were made in march of 83 ......they never stopped production of the vettes for a year or such...but you are correct..there is no 83 vette...but if a vette is made march of 83..i consider it a 83 ..actually maybe they were produced even earlier than march..i cant remember
    They made and sold the 84s from early 83. Mine was I think an August 83 car. Cant remember as its been about 10 years since I had it.

I think there were only three 83 Corvettes that were not destroyed but where they all are....who the hell know? lol

Also, why buy this years Corvette for 50k when you can get a left over for just under 40k? And dont kid yourself, they ARE out there and there are LOTS of them.

victory red
    2007 zo6

thanks shady milkman- i thought i seen one there,like i said.. these wheels were really unique !! on this 1983 vette !! never seen wheels, like that anywhere..!!

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Hate to say this but I think you would be wrong in your assumptions.

The LS3 in the GS is hand built (I believe in the same place as the Z06s engine) and proves to make more power than the normal NON hand built LS3 engines.....granted this in the 6-speed versions. I believe the auto gets the usual run of the mill LS3. Also there are a lot of suspension upgrades from the base Corvette. If I could have one I would....lol

They made and sold the 84s from early 83. Mine was I think an August 83 car. Cant remember as its been about 10 years since I had it.

I think there were only three 83 Corvettes that were not destroyed but where they all are....who the hell know? lol

Also, why buy this years Corvette for 50k when you can get a left over for just under 40k? And dont kid yourself, they ARE out there and there are LOTS of them.
    i think he means more than just the engine details.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

[QUOTE=TLS_Addict;2427425]

QUOTE]

Having seen on TV a show where they stepped through the stages of a z06 build at the Vette factory and then up to Michigan where they hand built the engine Im not so sure of what the difference is between hand assemble and the other with exception of assured matching weighted assemblies. Yeah the human puts the crank, pistons, heads etc on but its all torqued down with specialized machines that they just press a button until the light changes so they know its at the right torque. Heard its an option for the 2011 Vette z06and zr1 for $5k to see your engine being built. Cool option but far over priced if you ask me.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

as you requested
    Click for full size

Ahhhh, this is the first ever picture of one of the 3 1983 Corvettes I've seen. And I've never peeped these wheels before, I bet the Corvette guys really look for some.

Thanks Shady, I knew you could do it!

victory red
    2007 zo6

only grand sport coupe/stick/6 speed can get that engine, hand built- like zo6/zr1. no auto, or conv.. that option is $5,800, a little expensive ? but these vettes can go right to track and compete.. your name goes on engine build tag. wish they had this when we bouht our zo6/zr1,engine tag would say built by, rkvette!!!!

murdered out 06 z06

does anyone like the cyber gray color? i think i want my next z to be that color. a dealer up the street had a 2010 for around 70. that gray with black wheels would look sick!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

does anyone like the cyber gray color? i think i want my next z to be that color. a dealer up the street had a 2010 for around 70. that gray with black wheels would look sick!
    Interesting enough, my wife and I are going to order (must do so because the dealer won't be bringing in any manuals) a new CTS Coupe, and looked at Cadillac's version of Cyber Grey. They call it Thunder Grey, and it is a little bit different than the Cyber, enough to sway us to order it in Black Raven, their version of a non-metallic black.

murdered out 06 z06

cts coupes look great!

is the vette your daily driver?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

cts coupes look great!

is the vette your daily driver?
    No No...I have a low mileage (42k miles) 2006 G35 Coupe for that. A very nice car in itself. I've only owned it for about 6 months, and in about a year from now when the Caddie starts to "cool off" a bit, and maybe they start to offer some sort of incentive to buy like a low interest rate, and also by then it won't take 3 months for the car to come in after we order it.
    Right now the dealers order 18 and they get 6. demand is high, I enjoy the G35, so I don't mind waiting a year.
    The Caddie will replace the G as my driver.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^and that will be a nice change from the G. You gonna spend the $$$ for the V version?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Naaaa...I don't need two 500+ Hp cars, my license is in jeopardy everytime I drive my Z06! lol
    Besides, the V series gets 18MPG highway and the 6 banger gets close to 30 (28MPG) I don't need 556HP to cruise along at 65MPH on the freeway everyday. I need gas mileage.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I understand....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information