Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

corvette or gto?

This is a discussion on corvette or gto? within the Corvette forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If i could go back in time to when i was 17 the one car i would want to have ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    saint cloud minnesota
    Posts
    48

    black
    2004 GTO 6M

    If i could go back in time to when i was 17 the one car i would want to have is a corvette. i currnetly own a GTO and its a nice car but all it really is, is a rear wheel grand prix trust me dude get the vette, its faster cooler and well its a damn vette for crying out loud.

  2. #42
    Junior Member LD85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    5
    1985 Vette

    Now if you had a 1964, 65, 66, or 67 GTO, I would say keep it

  3. #43
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by nomorefords View Post
    dude i'm not about getting at people "online" but you're a jerk, leave the dude alone and go TRY and live your own life. we wants opinion of cars not another daddy. and "internet enimies" you're a moron man. and if you need me to throw some 5 dollar words in the next post so you can feel important than you might know what they mean let me know. i'm so impressed you can pick an internet fight with a 17 year old and dog on his grammar, that must make you sleep great at night. oh and nice use of the semi-colon Mr. English. and talk about offensive, it's offensive to everyone on this site to read your stupid ass post to a young man you don't even know. now you could say the same thing to me coming at you, but you opened that can.

    LOL @ 5 dollar words. Good one. It is ashame that using high school level words in a post is considered using "five dollar words".

    Next time I will will try to stoop down to the lowest echelon of society so I can fit in. How does this sound?

    Yo Cuz, dont b uh fool, git da Vette cuz dat wuld be da bomb fo-shizzle.

    PS This is such an old topic. Why dig it up just to confront me about this?

  4. #44
    Member nomorefords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    121

    Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    LOL @ 5 dollar words. Good one. It is ashame that using high school level words in a post is considered using "five dollar words".

    Next time I will will try to stoop down to the lowest echelon of society so I can fit in. How does this sound?

    Yo Cuz, dont b uh fool, git da Vette cuz dat wuld be da bomb fo-shizzle.

    PS This is such an old topic. Why dig it up just to confront me about this?
    You're awfully good at something you despise so much, with your fo shiz and what not. but anyway this is the last time i'll even make reference to this little gay ordeal with whoever you are. Mr. Wizard I suppose, since you're the all knowing, all telling king of this site. I'm not sure why in your opinion, if someone uses different verbiage and rhetoric it's such a problem. You must have such a sophisticated brain it's hard for you to process neanderthal language that the mass of the public uses for convinence especially when they use it to ease the monotony of reading and writing the same small words over and over while communicating on the computer. So, to you, I would suggest joining the "lower echelon" we have a lot more fun and don't criticize for such mundane things, it's actually pretty nice talking and thinking in layman's terms. Just let me know if I need to retype this in binary code or throw in a thesis on the topic of anti-matter so you'll feel smart while you're reading.

    P.S. it is an old topic, but you're the pot calling the kettle black.

  5. #45
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    How about you both end it and act like mature adults?

  6. #46
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    I have nothing against your age. Every single person above that age, had to be 17 at one time. Heck being 17 years old was some of the most fun times of my life.

    I just don't think 17 years old mixes well with high performance, rear wheel drive, torque monsters like these cars.

    But if you have the discipline to not let your raging pubescent adrenaline get you into trouble on the road then that is great.

    I suppose you were on the phone again when you typed the message above right? lol
    theres an old proverb...youve probably heard of it being the literary scholar you are....i believe it goes something like, calm the fuck down old man, for what needless worry you possess shall only brittle your own mental health.

    i have no earthly idea why you chose to go on a rant about this poor kid's grammar and punctuation but you inadvertantly made yourself look ridiculous by being his internet father and not even having the decency to answer his question until after your scolding session.

    im wondering when you will cease the constant harping on his age which may or may not have a factor in his ability as a driver, but most certainly is none of your business. people ages 17 (the number youve typed upwards of 300 times in this thread) to 25 are in fact more competent and intelligent beyond what you have apparently recognized. i would dearly hope that you are atleast 30 ridiculing this kid with this much tenacity, because any thing less than that and you are hypocritical my friend.

    oh and corvette. no contest. less weight, more potential, sexier looks. every woman in the area will want you despite however ugly or beautiful you may or may not be.

  7. #47
    Member Blue_98_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    175

    blue
    1998 trans am ws6

    Hey jrc has a point i bought a 94 z28 when i was 16 got a 10 over 20 over and a 30 over got a restricted license then got my trans am got another 2 points for driving on my restricted licesne then got it suspended i just got off that and now im on another restriction. since i was 15 to now ive had 11 tickets and been pulled over 18 times

    fast cars and us young kids dont mix just buy a radar and try to save most of the racing for the track im 18 by the way
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

    Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

  8. #48
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_98_ws6 View Post
    Hey jrc has a point i bought a 94 z28 when i was 16 got a 10 over 20 over and a 30 over got a restricted license then got my trans am got another 2 points for driving on my restricted licesne then got it suspended i just got off that and now im on another restriction. since i was 15 to now ive had 11 tickets and been pulled over 18 times

    fast cars and us young kids dont mix just buy a radar and try to save most of the racing for the track im 18 by the way
    no he really doesnt have a point.

    i dont recall the question asked in this thread being "what can you assume about me because im 17 and own a gto."

    pretty irrelevant shit.

  9. #49
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post

    pretty irrelevant shit.
    If you don't think there isn't relevance in someone's age compared to the type of car they drive, you are obviously turning a blind eye to the overwhelming statistics of young men who drive powerful V8 sports cars.

    Insurance companies don't charge a much higher rate, just for the fun of it.
    Last edited by jrc1122; 09-20-2007 at 08:58 PM.

  10. #50
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by nomorefords View Post
    You're awfully good at something you despise so much, with your fo shiz and what not. but anyway this is the last time i'll even make reference to this little gay ordeal with whoever you are. Mr. Wizard I suppose, since you're the all knowing, all telling king of this site. I'm not sure why in your opinion, if someone uses different verbiage and rhetoric it's such a problem. You must have such a sophisticated brain it's hard for you to process neanderthal language that the mass of the public uses for convinence especially when they use it to ease the monotony of reading and writing the same small words over and over while communicating on the computer. So, to you, I would suggest joining the "lower echelon" we have a lot more fun and don't criticize for such mundane things, it's actually pretty nice talking and thinking in layman's terms. Just let me know if I need to retype this in binary code or throw in a thesis on the topic of anti-matter so you'll feel smart while you're reading.

    P.S. it is an old topic, but you're the pot calling the kettle black.
    I'm all for shortening phrases such as LOL vs Laugh out loud (or Lots of laughs- depending who you ask)

    But if you take your obvious bias out of the equation, and simply read his ridiculous post, you would be forced to admit, it sounded extremely dumb, and barely readable. It was far from a few shortened words, or acronyms to make things easier on the typer. It was down right dumb.

    As far as being "awfully good" at it. Well - It is hard not to hear and know this crappy Ebonics/ text message jargon, especially in my line of work, which forces me to work with High school students on a daily basis. But the difference is: I choose to use what I learned in the classroom instead of what I learn in the locker room.

    However I do admit, He has freedom of speech, no matter how incoherent and unintelligent it may sound. Oh the greatness of our first amendment.

    Again -- High school level conversation, isn't some brilliant and sophisticated level of words that are exchanged. It should be normal day to day talk. High School level education should be considered "Layman's terms"

    And if "layman's term" is that garbage he typed, then I truly am scared for the "average American".

    So to you I say--If you enjoy pandering to the lowest level of society feel free, however I won't lower myself to such garbage.

    How is all this relevant you may ask? -- Well his age was a first indication that these cars could possibly be a danger in his hands. Then mixing that bit of information with his immature and uneducated verbiage he spewed in his following messages empowered me to conclude he in fact is at high risk with either of the two of these cars in his garage.

    After all, I don't think road signs are printed in Ghetto Ebonics and Ridiculous text message style acronyms. Shouldn't road signs be printed in the common "Layman's Terms".

    Since, according to you, the majority must speak this gibberish. Then I purpose we change lobby to our statesmen to have road signs reflect this new American culture phenomena.

    SCAP = Slow, Children at Play
    Slizzle Dizzle ahizzle = Slow Down ahead

    How much easier would it be, if we didn't have to decode the "five dollar" words on those hard to read road signs"

    I am far from an English major, and anyone who reads this could easily pick it apart for punctuation and grammar, but at least I made a solid attempt in my fairly quick response to sound somewhat like a normal human being. I like to think that I am the "average Joe". Gosh I hope that crap he typed isn't average, for our Nation's sake.

  11. #51
    Member nomorefords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    121

    Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    theres an old proverb...youve probably heard of it being the literary scholar you are....i believe it goes something like, calm the fuck down old man, for what needless worry you possess shall only brittle your own mental health.

    i have no earthly idea why you chose to go on a rant about this poor kid's grammar and punctuation but you inadvertantly made yourself look ridiculous by being his internet father and not even having the decency to answer his question until after your scolding session.

    im wondering when you will cease the constant harping on his age which may or may not have a factor in his ability as a driver, but most certainly is none of your business. people ages 17 (the number youve typed upwards of 300 times in this thread) to 25 are in fact more competent and intelligent beyond what you have apparently recognized. i would dearly hope that you are atleast 30 ridiculing this kid with this much tenacity, because any thing less than that and you are hypocritical my friend.

    oh and corvette. no contest. less weight, more potential, sexier looks. every woman in the area will want you despite however ugly or beautiful you may or may not be.
    that's what i'm trying to say to this jack ass, he's obviously one that has to have the last word, so let's let the ALL-KNOWING-GENIUS of the land fininsh this off. this must be one of those things that he gets enjoyment out of so let him have fun typing and internet firing one people, while we drive our cars, drink beers, and fuck hot chicks!

  12. #52
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    I'm all for shortening phrases such as LOL vs Laugh out loud (or Lots of laughs- depending who you ask)

    But if you take your obvious bias out of the equation, and simply read his ridiculous post, you would be forced to admit, it sounded extremely dumb, and barely readable. It was far from a few shortened words, or acronyms to make things easier on the typer. It was down right dumb.

    As far as being "awfully good" at it. Well - It is hard not to hear and know this crappy Ebonics/ text message jargon, especially in my line of work, which forces me to work with High school students on a daily basis. But the difference is: I choose to use what I learned in the classroom instead of what I learn in the locker room.

    However I do admit, He has freedom of speech, no matter how incoherent and unintelligent it may sound. Oh the greatness of our first amendment.

    Again -- High school level conversation, isn't some brilliant and sophisticated level of words that are exchanged. It should be normal day to day talk. High School level education should be considered "Layman's terms"

    And if "layman's term" is that garbage he typed, then I truly am scared for the "average American".

    So to you I say--If you enjoy pandering to the lowest level of society feel free, however I won't lower myself to such garbage.

    How is all this relevant you may ask? -- Well his age was a first indication that these cars could possibly be a danger in his hands. Then mixing that bit of information with his immature and uneducated verbiage he spewed in his following messages empowered me to conclude he in fact is at high risk with either of the two of these cars in his garage.

    After all, I don't think road signs are printed in Ghetto Ebonics and Ridiculous text message style acronyms. Shouldn't road signs be printed in the common "Layman's Terms".

    Since, according to you, the majority must speak this gibberish. Then I purpose we change lobby to our statesmen to have road signs reflect this new American culture phenomena.

    SCAP = Slow, Children at Play
    Slizzle Dizzle ahizzle = Slow Down ahead

    How much easier would it be, if we didn't have to decode the "five dollar" words on those hard to read road signs"

    I am far from an English major, and anyone who reads this could easily pick it apart for punctuation and grammar, but at least I made a solid attempt in my fairly quick response to sound somewhat like a normal human being. I like to think that I am the "average Joe". Gosh I hope that crap he typed isn't average, for our Nation's sake.
    its irrelevant because you arent his teacher, his father, or his friend. you ridiculed him without having the decency to answer his question.

    believe me, how language is translated nowadays by my age group and beyond completely disgusts me, because i am majoring in english. so i feel your pain in that respect.

    but in doesnt really matter. you dont need to scold him.

  13. #53
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    I'm unsubscribing to this thread, I'm sick of reading all the bullshit.

  14. #54
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    its irrelevant because you arent his teacher, his father, or his friend. you ridiculed him without having the decency to answer his question.

    believe me, how language is translated nowadays by my age group and beyond completely disgusts me, because i am majoring in english. so i feel your pain in that respect.

    but in doesnt really matter. you dont need to scold him.
    I actually did answer his question, I said it depends on what he needs --> Wife/ kid in the near future = keep the GTO, it has a back seat.
    Single for a while, and don't need cargo space. I said get the Vette.

    I think a certain level of maturity should be had, before driving on of these cars. Without knowing this guy personally, I can only go by three things:

    His age
    His interests in his mini - bio says his interest is in "Street Racing"
    His piss poor child like grammar and slang.

    With those three things, I can concluded that he is probably in the majority of 17 year olds, and these cars shouldn't be in his possession. But I am not so arrogant, or naive to think that he is actually going to sell his GTO (unless he gets a Vette that is) just because I don't think he presents himself as being mature enough for either of these vehicles.

    I realize that many of the teens have banned together on this topic to discredit my opinion or dismiss what I have to say because it doesn't fit their beliefs. That is sort of expected. However, I stand by my thoughts.

    This guy may drive under the posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws, I really don't know, but for some reason I doubt he does. It may be because of the way he carries himself on this forum, and also the childish and dangerous hobby of "street racing" he has admitted to.

    When you list your hobbies/ interests as breaking the law, and endangering the lives of others, I tend to disagree with him having such a powerful car.

    I don't know how that makes me a "Jack Ass" or "Jerk off" or whatever else you want to call me. But hey I disagree with your opinion of me, as I am sure you disagree with me standing up for something I believe.

  15. #55
    Member LgndKller20073's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver,CO
    Age
    28
    Posts
    455

    Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

    I would like to go on to say that jrc1122 made a good point. The youth these days is going drastically down hill. I have always prided myself on spelling words out and attempting to use proper grammar to the best of my knowledge. The majority of people's papers I've read at use "Internet slang" as if it's proper grammar. I think that if people of my age would just take the extra two seconds to spell the word out, we wouldn't get the stereotype against us. Just my two cents.....


    I'd go with the Corvette. I've always loved the cars, and in my opinion, nothing compares to them.

  16. #56
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto


  17. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    69

    Red?
    2001 Z28

    I'm actually considering purchasing a new Z06 as a "toy" car, but I'm a successful business owner in my mid-30s, who is entering a pre-mid-life, mid-life crisis.
    For a seventeen year-old kid, however, I'd recommend keeping the Goat. You can fit more chicks in that car! At least that's how I thought at that age.

  18. #58
    Junior Member LD85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    5
    1985 Vette

    Joined this forum a few days ago ,, but I'm done, adios gents !

  19. #59
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by LD85 View Post
    Joined this forum a few days ago ,, but I'm done, adios gents !
    That is a clean looking Vette, Nice ride.

  20. #60
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Stalker View Post
    For a seventeen year-old kid, however, I'd recommend keeping the Goat. You can fit more chicks in that car! At least that's how I thought at that age.
    Great point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
  2. C2 Corvette Race Cars - Corvette Royale
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 02:20 AM
  3. 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Found - Rare Corvette Find
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Corvette
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM
  4. WTT 1982 Corvette for Camaro / Firebird / 85 - up Corvette/ Muscle car
    By V8S15Jimmy in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 03:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •